bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available! July 18, 2012

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 18, 12 5:12 PM
We have a new PC version of Howlville: The Dark Past up and ready for you now. This update:

• Takes care of issue with dialogue box that blocks the scene.
• Adds two new options to the settings menu: Keep aspect ratio or wide screen.
• Adds new difficulty level.

To get the newest version you'll just need to uninstall and reinstall the game. For help with uninstalling and reinstalling check out this help article here:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling

If you still have trouble after the update, just get in touch with our Customer Support team for help. One of our reps will be happy to help!

Happy gaming!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 07/18/2012 at 5:12:52 PM PST

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available! July 18, 2012

[Post New]by JustDucky2 on Jul 22, 12 7:05 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled this game. The dialog box pops up and I am unable to close it to resume game play.

I have a pc windows 7 computer. Can you advise a fix.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 22, 12 12:08 PM
Hi JustDucky2 and Welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble, even after getting the new version of this game.

Since the update was to have fixed the issue with the dialogue boxes, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, so they can see why that's still not working right for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jul 25, 12 8:26 AM
I have just re installed the game with the so called update.....
Yes it got rid of the speach box the first time, but when I went to click on the machine to enter the card the same speech box came up again, and yes it got stuck!!!
It has also entered a duplicate page in the log book..
Not a good update.....

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 8:40:51 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 25, 12 11:22 AM
Hi sapphire46,

I'm sorry things are still not working right for you!

If you would, please let our Tech Support team know about the new issues you're seeing. If there are more adjustments that need to made to the game, the information Tech Support can collect from you will really help us see where and how to do that.

You can read more about how to send us those details in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 11:23:11 AM PST

canah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by canah on Jul 26, 12 3:44 AM
I haven't installed the new version yet as I am stuck now at this dialogue box that won't go away. If I install the new version, do you have to play the whole game over again???

Are these other people getting the problem fixed with this new version????

Go to: