shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 19, 12 12:38 AM
I am excited to try this one as I have enjoyed the first three games in this series very much. So, off I go to give this game a test drive. Post your comments and opinions here and happy gaming everyone!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

Re:Comments for Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jul 19, 12 12:44 AM
Only played about 15 minutes fo far but it sure looks good. I have the other 3 so am hoping this one is as good. So far, it is.

Tired now, so off to bed and I'll be back at this first thing in the morning!

Celticcoco

KITANA716
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Comments for Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition

[Post New]by KITANA716 on Jul 19, 12 12:49 AM
This is awesome !! I've been waiting for another Echoes of the Past for quite some time now.I own the previous installments and I absolutely enjoy these games.Can't wait to play this one !!!

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 12:49:48 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jul 19, 12 12:51 AM
I only played the demo for 30 minutes but it a buy for me.

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Jul 19, 12 12:53 AM
Happy to see this next installment of Echoes...I played for about 30 minutes and I think it is another buy for me. Thanks BF...another good game!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 12 12:53 AM
Boy, this family sure is getting the treatment - more witchypoo action.
And the same old familiar music....
But no HOS in the first 5 minutes, but a bloody puzzle that expects me exercise my brain cells

Just my type of game.

Woohoo - something else to sink my teeth into after my evening meal.

Cheers

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 19, 12 1:12 AM
O boy, I am glad that it's thursday! Finaly a game to buy. I love the game.

Thanks BF and devs.

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jul 19, 12 1:19 AM
Enjoyed playing this one, but it is a little jerky.Not sure whether to buy it because of that, The story is drawing me in though!

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Jul 19, 12 1:32 AM
What a treat after the mediocre games we got offered the last days! I am off to buy! Happy gaming fishies!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jul 19, 12 1:44 AM
meh.......not for me, too many puzzles, not enough hidden object scenes for my taste....not really into the medieval scene much anymore, maybe the SE but that is just a maybe....it's a shame, the games are pitiful lately, was looking for a great hidden object game to play...oh well, back to my old ones,....for those of you that like this game, enjoy...

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Jul 19, 12 2:00 AM
Oooh. This one is going on me Wish List.

I rather like this particular dev's games. They're the only ones I can play on my Windows 7 machine right now. (Yes, I'm going to get an add-in video card, so others will work, just going to take a bit.) So, I for one am very happy that there's another one to play.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 19, 12 2:05 AM
I love the first three Echos of the Past games, so bought this one without the trial..
A lazy week-end coming to catch up on some games! thanks BF & Devs!

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Jul 19, 12 2:10 AM
GIANT SPIDER WARNING. I haven't encountered it yet, but I skimmed through the SG and saw it.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Jul 19, 12 2:17 AM
Just finished re-playing first 3 and now...this! WHOOP! Perfect timing!
It is something a bit different with the variety of puzzles and not many HOs encountered in first part of demo, but waiting for DL to finish so I can continue with this story!

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jul 19, 12 2:48 AM
I only played the demo for 30 minutes but it definitely a buy for me.... just the right amount of puzzles and hidden objects... a good adventure...

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 19, 12 3:24 AM
Just a so-so game for me after the demo. Haven't come across anything remarkable or new, yet anyway. Graphics a little drab. Dialogue very slow. HOS ok and interactive. Never bother with wide screen so couldn't care less about that. Just another story about a witch. Ho hum. Dreary music. Has to be at night, of course, so it's always dark. Puzzles the usual.

All very mediocre so far, but I live in hope eternal. As I have said so many times before, I don't trust demos.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jul 19, 12 3:32 AM
No buy for me! What really ticks me off is to get the same STUPID puzzle over and over and over, on the boxes with the lights and lines and then that reverse Pong kind of thing. Are they kidding?? Are we running out of puzzles in the world that these horrible ones have to be re-ran over and over, ad nausem??

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 19, 12 4:04 AM
LadyBlue0321 wrote:No buy for me! What really ticks me off is to get the same STUPID puzzle over and over and over, on the boxes with the lights and lines and then that reverse Pong kind of thing. Are they kidding?? Are we running out of puzzles in the world that these horrible ones have to be re-ran over and over, ad nausem??

Exactly. 90 mins in and I have played this same stupid puzzle 3 times in different locations. That's just pure laziness.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Jul 19, 12 4:20 AM
I love this one. The last one wasn't my cup of tea so much. This one just seems to work. I agree that some of the puzzles being repeated is not my favorite but the rest of it, absolutely! Soon it will be mine!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 19, 12 4:45 AM
This one was well worth the wait after an extemely weak first few days of the "Bonus Punch" offer.

The first three games in this series were very good, and this one doesn't disappoint, although there aren't any H0G scenes for quite some time. Puzzles? Yep. H0s? Haven't encountered them yet, after about 20 minutes of my "buy-it-sight-unseen" purchase. I felt that I didn't need to try the demo, although I play part or all of trials 99% of the time. I just somehow trusted this developer to deliver another goodie.

Options menu is good--3 gameplay modes; graphics have the same bluish tint as b4; voiceovers are decent, albeit a bit slow (I could read the dialogue subtitles twice as fast as the spoken words). Inventory bar, which can be "locked," is at the top, which is kind of confusing.

I'm looking forward to several hours of enjoyment--the Strategy Guide bodes well for a lengthy game.

Regards, elldee

Go to: