bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 19, 12 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 12:44:36 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 19, 12 2:22 AM
On a 24" iMac running LION 10.7.4. Game does not open in widescreen and using widescreen option has no effect. It didn't work in Citadels of time either.

Maybe this is only my issue, but if not, you have had a year to make it work. Many games are set to at least stretch to fit. A few are even true HD. Widescreen may not yet be "standard issue" but it certainly is on more Macs and PCs now.

So, technically speaking, the game should just be widescreen with an "adjust aspect ratio" option for those with older monitors.

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 2:52:53 AM PST

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jul 19, 12 3:56 AM
Another Mac user here with an iMac 21" running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. No widescreen for me either. If you click on the widescreen button it actually makes the picture smaller.

This is just not acceptable in a new game.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 19, 12 4:43 AM
Been saying it for months----time for the devs to wake up!

Doesn't bother me so much in SE games, but totally unacceptable in CEs.

Sort of like looking at a new car with no air conditioning----or sitting in the kitchen looking at my old black and white TV----or wondering why I can't get a faster response with snail mail----or, well you get the idea, it's called progress.

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 4:44:44 AM PST

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Quailridge on Jul 19, 12 5:49 AM
I tried to download using the latest OS version. All my apps are current and as with other Echoes of the Past games, all I get after download is "Time is running out, 60 minutes left to play" and the game will not open. I have un/reinstalled Game Manager, turned off Firewall and still nothing. One would think this error would have been fixed a long time ago. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get even the Trial version to run, would love to hear. I know that if the Trial Version won't run, don't buy it because the purchased version won't work either!

Sue.

sw0p
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by sw0p on Jul 19, 12 6:14 AM
Quailridge wrote:I tried to download using the latest OS version. All my apps are current and as with other Echoes of the Past games, all I get after download is "Time is running out, 60 minutes left to play" and the game will not open. I have un/reinstalled Game Manager, turned off Firewall and still nothing. One would think this error would have been fixed a long time ago. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get even the Trial version to run, would love to hear. I know that if the Trial Version won't run, don't buy it because the purchased version won't work either!

Sue.

I have the same issue as Sue.

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on Jul 19, 12 8:00 AM
When I tried to download this game it came up trial has expired. never even got to try to open the game. Help!!!!!!!!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 19, 12 8:03 AM
Hi Mac Fishies,

I am sorry to hear this, I appreciate that this must be frustrating for you all.

We definitely want to have a look into this and so it would be great if you could run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us out as we investigate this issue.

Quailridge and sw0p - if your game is not opening for you it may mean that your computer is having trouble running it. To combat this, I would suggest having a look at the following help article to update those elements that run your game. The following help article will help you do this:

Again, if you would like us to take a closer look at this with you, we would be happy to so feel free to get in touch with Tech Support so we can provide some tailored advice.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

wheals1
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by wheals1 on Jul 19, 12 8:43 AM
PC user here (Vista). Bought the game, clicked 'run' and nothing, no download. I tried several times from receipt (install now). I went to Purchase History and tried from there. No download!!!!!!!!!!!! All elements are updated. This is a first for me.

ETA: I rebooted and now it's downloading. I guess I have a persnickety computer.

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 9:30:06 AM PST

sw0p
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sw0p on Jul 19, 12 10:47 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Mac Fishies,

Quailridge and sw0p - if your game is not opening for you it may mean that your computer is having trouble running it. To combat this, I would suggest having a look at the following help article to update those elements that run your game. The following help article will help you do this:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

All my software Mac, Adobe Flash+Shock is completely up-to-date. I will send a DrFelix report.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 19, 12 11:06 AM
I've a 16.4" screened Sony Vaio running W7, and I couldn't get the widescreen option to work either!
Stopped buying games on my MacBook Pro 17" (bought purely for BFG), as they just don't run properly. Maybe a Lion issue.
Usually love CEs because they are either stretched widescreen, or occasionally proper widescreen.
Apart from this issue it's a fab game!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 19, 12 11:10 AM
Hi MaryEl, if the game is freezing, you can ensure that all your drivers and software programs are updated fully. You can find information on how to do that here on our help article:

belamba, adjusting your screen resolution might enable you to use the widescreen option. You can take a look at our help article here that covers how to change those settings:

Screen Resolution

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into those problems further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Jul 19, 12 11:58 AM
sto provando la CE.....il gioco è lento,mi aspetto il crash da un momento all'altro.mi sembra di essere tornata a giocare con il precedente della serie che non è stato possibile finire......ho l'impressione che questa serie non sia molto fortunata.Speriamo di poter giocare la demo fino in fondo ...mi piacerebbe acquistarlo....vedremo...!!!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jul 19, 12 12:31 PM
I wonder if the problem with the widescreen no working is more of a computer issue than the game itself.

I was apprehensive on the game comment reviews about the widescreen issue but once I downloaded the game it actually opened in wide screen in my windows 7 HP computer.

So obviously in my case I have not widescreen issues.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jul 19, 12 12:31 PM
I played the demo no problems at all. Bought the full version and it will not open. I get the error message:
Unable to initialize. Game reinstallation may be required.
I have sent a Dr Felix report but I know that everything is up to date on my computer. This error has happened to me on CE's at least three times before and I am now quite annoyed at the time I have had to wait for a solution or a refund. It will be a refund, they never find a solution to this problem. Very frustrating.
I have to first wait for Seattle to wake up as I am in the UK and then wait hours and hours for a fix which I know will not work before they offer me a refund. Not happy!!

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by daisey88 on Jul 19, 12 1:34 PM
Using a Macbook Pro with OS X Lion 10.7.4 upgrade. Every game I play, the icons at the bottom of my desktop screen pop up and I cannot remove them unless I shut the game down and restart it. Then it happens all over again. When they come up, I cannot read anything along the bottom of the game screen. What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

lnorris101
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by lnorris101 on Jul 19, 12 4:25 PM
sw0p wrote:
Quailridge wrote:I tried to download using the latest OS version. All my apps are current and as with other Echoes of the Past games, all I get after download is "Time is running out, 60 minutes left to play" and the game will not open. I have un/reinstalled Game Manager, turned off Firewall and still nothing. One would think this error would have been fixed a long time ago. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get even the Trial version to run, would love to hear. I know that if the Trial Version won't run, don't buy it because the purchased version won't work either!

Sue.

I have the same issue as Sue.

I also have this same issue!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 19, 12 5:16 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're having trouble getting this game to work on your Mac computer, I would try shutting down all programs running in the background. I've found this can sometimes cause the game to not act right. If you click this link here and go to the section called Another Game Currently Running error? it will walk you through how to do this:

Trouble with a Mac game?

However, if you try this and your game is still giving you trouble I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our Mac reps would be happy to take a closer look with you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

Rivvyy1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rivvyy1 on Jul 19, 12 6:01 PM
BereniceP wrote:I played the demo no problems at all. Bought the full version and it will not open. I get the error message:
Unable to initialize. Game reinstallation may be required.
I have sent a Dr Felix report but I know that everything is up to date on my computer. This error has happened to me on CE's at least three times before and I am now quite annoyed at the time I have had to wait for a solution or a refund. It will be a refund, they never find a solution to this problem. Very frustrating.
I have to first wait for Seattle to wake up as I am in the UK and then wait hours and hours for a fix which I know will not work before they offer me a refund. Not happy!!

I have exactly the same issue too.... the demos work & after purchasing I get the same message,,, I dont know what it is with some of these Orneon games. I got the same issues with the last Echoes of the Past CE & 2 of the Secrets of the Dark CE games & had to wait for the SE versions to come out so I could play them...
definately not a happy fishy here.
Obviously i;m reluctant to purchase cuz I know the same thing will happen

[Post New]by 70summerfield on Jul 19, 12 7:37 PM
When you get to the scene where you're supposed to use the insecticide on the bugs in the tree. the inventory disappears! Startong over, shutting down the machine, reinstalling doesn't work. I just went through this kind of nonsense with the CE version of Ancient Astronauts, and this is really getting frustrating. I don't like purchasing a CE game and then have to wait a couple of weeks for the developers to work out the kinks. Really annoyed.

Go to: