Create your own game level - anyone done that? Please review

[Post New]by GoneFishing on Jul 19, 12 3:36 AM
In the Extras of this CE game there is a section to Create your own game level. You must finish the game first to open this up.

Could anyone who managed to reach this point comment on it?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Create your own game level - anyone done that? Please review

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 19, 12 4:20 AM
Ya, what does this mean?

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jul 19, 12 4:46 AM
I don't know, but it intrigues me enough to compel me to buy the CE

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 19, 12 5:44 AM
uh huh...'they got us...'hook, line and sinker'

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Jul 19, 12 7:38 AM
It's like the 3DS game Pushmo! ;v) We can make and share our own levels! ;v) It's like I make a level, upload it, then watch you cry as you try to figure it out!
LOL

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 7:38:43 AM PST

[Post New]by beebatcclpw on Jul 19, 12 8:45 AM
Exactly......I have done this with other games......it's the coolest thing EVER!! It's almost like making your own game; you are just using their tools. I can't wait to finish this game and see what the level editor does......WOOHOO!!!!! There is nothing more fun than being able to create your own game!!!! You can be a game editor god!

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 8:48:38 AM PST

[Post New]by GoneFishing on Jul 19, 12 9:32 AM
If you ACTUALLY experienced this section of THIS game, could you write a review of it here?

[Post New]by beebatcclpw on Jul 19, 12 9:58 AM
I am sure someone will.........if there are any budding level designers out there; they will be chomping at the bit to try it. I know I am; and when I do, I will let everyone know how it is.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jul 19, 12 11:11 PM
Well, since no one seems to have used this part, it seems as if it isn't worth buying the CE; guess I"ll wait for the SE.

Celticcoco

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 20, 12 6:56 AM
I have only just seen that this option exists so I'll definitely try it.

I could kick myself in the bu*t right now, though, because in ensuring I had my facts right trying to help in this forum, I accidentally managed to erase my entire progress. I'll have to replay all over again to reach that stage. Oh drat, drat, triple drat..... still, I guess there are worse ways to kill a few hours.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 20, 12 3:05 PM
The Game Designer feature is where you can create one type of puzzle that is found early on in the game. In the game the puzzle is found on the Door to the Town Hall.

You are given rectangular plates with images on them on the lower row. You are given empty spaces with images above them on the top row. You have to put the plates into the empty spaces with a matching image. The plates will move together with neighboring plates, so you have to try to group them and separate them so they will go into the upper row of empty spaces in the right order.

The Game Designer feature gives you this same puzzle with 4 layouts of various arrangements of the empty spaces and various images on the plates. You create the puzzle then you can play it. It’s kind of fun but it’s no big deal. There are other games that have way better game editors where you can create your own puzzles.

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 3:07:31 PM PST

[Post New]by GoneFishing on Jul 21, 12 2:34 AM
Thanks Lizzie.

This doesn't sound like being able to create a whole level, does it?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 21, 12 3:49 PM
I was disappointed as well, thought I could make my own puzzle or something, but even that puzzle I didn't make it as all I could do was choose 4 different layouts and what set picture I wanted on it.

It's better than concept art but it's very misleading. Same as the unlock puzzles, you only unlock 8 of the puzzles.

Go to: