LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Puzzles that repeat in the game

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 19, 12 8:21 PM
This was posted in the review topic but since my answer is not a review, I am starting a new topic to answer the question about the puzzle that repeats.
psylocibin wrote:I was going to buy the game as I liked it and the puzzles were good. But reading the reviews I am worried since I did not get too far into the game (had to turn off something on the stove and got trapped by the kitchen needing some work) so I lost some of my time on the game. Other reviews say that there is a lot of repeating of ppuzzles and I would like to hear more about this as I want new and different puzzles not repeats. Are these actually the same puzzle or are the puzzles similar but of different difficulty like there was a one with lights and then it came up again but it was more difficult to solve? That is not as bad I do not like when we go back to the same HOG and have to find the same stuff in the same picture. seems like cheating on the part of the DEVs to me.

So I hope more folks will write about finishing the CE game today since the extra token toward a free game is an incentive for sure.

There is one type of puzzle that is repeated each time you have to get the magic powder to do away with the evil. It is the one where you light up the lines through the gems once or twice depending on the number of stones in the gem. It is the same puzzle but with different configurations. Since we have to collect 10 green jewels during the game, that puzzle will repeat in different configurations 10 times.

In the regular game I counted 21 other puzzles that are unique. Two of those puzzles repeated 3 times and one of them repeated twice.

In the bonus game there was one puzzle that repeated 6 times, each time a ruby is found. In the bonus game I counted 5 other puzzles that are unique.

I have enjoyed all the various puzzles except the one that repeats 6 times in the bonus game.

Edited on 07/21/2012 at 2:56:40 PM PST

Re:Puzzles that repeat in the game

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 19, 12 11:28 PM
I agree with you. There is only one puzzle that is coming back. And I like the puzzles very much!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 20, 12 12:59 AM
I have to admit to getting a bit annoyed at how many times this puzzle repeated itself.

In the bonus chapter, there is also one puzzle (in order to obtain rubies) that repeats over and over again.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jul 20, 12 1:46 AM
I have to agree with Tiger2010,
I don't mind the puzzle that repeats itself, I am a puzzle buff, but this is too much. I would have liked different ones instead of the same just different ways of doing it. It becomes boring after a while. We need something different.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jul 20, 12 10:19 AM
I loved playing this game.. but yes, in the first part the light puzzle keeps repeating. It got to be too much. Also, in the bonus chapter there is another "fit the pieces" puzzle that keeps repeating. Again, too much. However, this game was good.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 20, 12 10:54 AM
- also the aquarium one is repeated, second time it's harder.

- domino one (chess knight, love heart etc) is repeated

- peg solitare is repeated 2

- click on squares to rotate into a pattern is repeated

But it's not just the puzzles that repeat, I'm now playing the same hidden object scene for the 3rd time!

And the reverse hidden object scene for the 3rd time! (all of the HOGs seem you have to play each scene 3 times!)

edit - am updating as I'm playing the game.

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 3:45:21 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Puzzles that repeat in the game

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 12 1:13 PM
LizzieK wrote:There is one type of puzzle that is repeated each time you have to get the magic powder to do away with the evil. It is the one where you light up the lines through the gems once or twice depending on the number of stones in the gem. It is the same puzzle but with different configurations. Since we have to collect 10 green jewels during the game, that puzzle will probably repeat in different configurations 10 times.

The other puzzles are all different that I have seen so far. I have enjoyed all the various puzzles and I am about half way through the game.

And this is exactly the puzzle I really dislike. It was the very first puzzle, and I didn't care for it. And seeing that the developers have made it easy on themselves and just added the same darn puzzle 10 times, I will have to use the SKIP button 10 times when I buy the SE.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 20, 12 3:14 PM
Actually this particular puzzle is one of my favorite puzzles in the game. I played it all ten times.

Wait until you get to the bonus chapter. There is a repetitive puzzle there that I did not like. It was very tedious.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 21, 12 12:59 AM
LizzieK wrote:Actually this particular puzzle is one of my favorite puzzles in the game. I played it all ten times.

Wait until you get to the bonus chapter. There is a repetitive puzzle there that I did not like. It was very tedious.

I have decided to wait for the SE. I don't mind the odd puzzle here and there, but with all these puzzles and few HOS in this game, I don't want to have to play the bonus game as well.

Sometimes I buy a CE where the bonus game is just full of puzzles. It's exhausting for me, and I have no joy in doing one puzzle after another. So I will wait for the SE - there will be already plenty of puzzles in the main game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 21, 12 6:10 AM
Valdy wrote:I have decided to wait for the SE. I don't mind the odd puzzle here and there, but with all these puzzles and few HOS in this game, I don't want to have to play the bonus game as well.

Sometimes I buy a CE where the bonus game is just full of puzzles. It's exhausting for me, and I have no joy in doing one puzzle after another. So I will wait for the SE - there will be already plenty of puzzles in the main game.

A wise choice! I bought the CE to look at what they were offering in the Game Designer feature. It was not worth it. What a let down. (I got this game with 2 of the game credits I got on the half price sale so it only cost me $6.99 so I am not too upset.)

The main game is very long and will be well worth the SE price.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 21, 12 8:44 PM
I really don't like repeating puzzles and I hate repeating HOS.

But actually both puzzles that were repeated a lot (one was 10 times in main game and another 6 times in bonus) I enjoyed. The one in the main game I found easy so did it quickly if it was a different type and I had to keep spending a long time on it I wouldn't have liked it.

The one in the bonus (don't know what they are called) you fit different shapes into a space I needed practice on so that was good!

Glad it was like that as I was playing advanced (hardest) I couldn't skip them if I wanted to!

edit - I thought the CE was long and was good quality apart from plot and only one type of HOG that you had to play each 3 times, just like main game, but you can't skip them!

I agree that the bonus extras where misleading to say the least!!

Edited on 07/21/2012 at 8:47:26 PM PST

napapen
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by napapen on Aug 20, 12 8:43 PM
I hate that one too and found if I just walk around for a bit, I can skip it!!

Go to: