bonus game, need help

HDCLASSIC
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

bonus game, need help

[Post New]by HDCLASSIC on Jul 19, 12 9:43 PM
in the bonus game in my inventory I have a moonstone, a piece of meat and a chiciken foot. I need a walking cane. Where do I get it? Have used the hint buttton in every scene with no luck. What am I missing?

Re:bonus game, need help

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Jul 20, 12 12:30 AM
Hi, HDCLASSIC
you need the moonstone for a minigame, the chicken leg and the meat for the beast lurking around in the graveyard. Give the cane to the medieval doctor!Good luck, Streif

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 20, 12 12:53 AM
Hi HDCLASSIC

The cane is in a hidden object scene.

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cateyes51 on Jul 20, 12 6:59 AM
Hi, I too have the same problem and can't find any hidden object game to play to get the walking stick. Have gone into each room and nothing!!!. HELP please.

[Post New]by saltwaterfish on Jul 20, 12 7:25 AM
i too have the same problem, there is'nt a hidden object sceen to get the cane, i uninstalled & reinstalled stil no ho

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 20, 12 3:22 PM
You can look at page 130 in the Strategy Guide to see where you get the Walking Stick.

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cateyes51 on Jul 20, 12 8:07 PM
Okay, i looked in the SG and went to where it said but no hidden object game. Also i didn't get the red gem from playing the game. Am assuming that if one doesn't get the red gem there is no hidden object game to find. I tried clicking on the game where it was suppose to be but nothing....................... Guess i have to start ALL over again and just hope the second time around works.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 20, 12 9:07 PM
seems to be a recurring theme with the bonus game, problems with HO or getting items.

I don't have the problem with the scythe but had a problem with the shovel as I stopped the game in the middle of the HO and now can't get back into it.

This is the reason why games should have manual saves as if I could restart the bonus it would be OK.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jul 21, 12 3:44 PM
Hello dear fishies, I too can not find a HOS to find the walking stick. I had the red gem and have played the minigame. Everything ok. And then no HOS. The hint button does not show the next location to do the next thing, always: "There is nothing to do ......." . This does not really help. I have ham, moonstone and chicken leg. So I am stuck too

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 21, 12 3:51 PM
Everyone having tech problems needs to record it in the tech thread or big fish won't know about it as I think they pass on the tech thread to the devs?

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jul 21, 12 6:26 PM
same problem. Strategy guide says walk forward (after playing red bead minigame) and do HOS in rubbish on right, but NO GAME IS TRIGGERED. It is gratifiying to see I am not the only user with the problem, but frustrating all the same.

skrjr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by skrjr on Jul 22, 12 7:15 AM
I'm another one where the bonus game isn't allowing any HOS to collect the shovel, so I can do nothing! Tell me again why I bother getting the CG?

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Jul 22, 12 12:31 PM
Has anyone had the issue with the hidden object game missing and being stuck in the bonus round resolved?..I hate it when this happens..now I can't finish..and I'm sure not starting over..

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 22, 12 5:06 PM
Some people have mentioned (including myself) that the problem with some HOS in the bonus is if you leave/exit the game and then come back to it. When I replayed the whole game I made sure I didn't exit the bonus and I finished it no problem.

I don't know if everyone's problem with HOS was this (exiting the game during bonus). Would be helpful to know and if everyone could record it in the tech thread as well as contacting customer support as then we could just advise people who have already bought the game just not to stop the bonus once they start.

[Post New]by beate2359 on Jul 23, 12 6:16 PM
I read all of the comments. And decided to redue the game! And then due the bonus game.. I discovered that I don't put the red diamonds in until I have all of them..That way the game just keeps going, until the end when you put the gems in and complete the game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 23, 12 6:34 PM
I played this game on a PC. I did not have any problems with the bonus game. I played 1 hour on the bonus game and exited and took a break, then came back and played another 30 minutes to the end. I put the red gems in randomly as I found them, so it is not a problem to put them in in any order.

Are the people having this problem playing on a MAC or a PC?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 23, 12 7:52 PM
LizzieK wrote:I played this game on a PC. I did not have any problems with the bonus game. I played 1 hour on the bonus game and exited and took a break, then came back and played another 30 minutes to the end. I put the red gems in randomly as I found them, so it is not a problem to put them in in any order.

Are the people having this problem playing on a MAC or a PC?

I played on PC, I did think it was to do with exiting but someone else said that wasn't the problem as they had a problem without exiting. Red gems I didn't know there was an order LOL, put them in randomly.

edit - I don't look at SG so wonder if it's to do with order you do things as I did change the order second time round and didn't have any problems.

I placed red gems as I got them, so that wasn't the problem with me, as the first time I had problems and the second time didn't and didn't change how I did the red gems.

Edited on 07/24/2012 at 3:46:20 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 23, 12 9:30 PM
I played on a Mac and exited the bonus game until days later and finished with no problem. Also placed red gems as I received them.

Sounds like folks should send in a Dr. Felix to tech service as it may be related to a particular operating system or software. The more info they receive the faster the devs can correct it. Sorry and good luck.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jul 24, 12 6:36 AM
that's an interesting layer: the red gems. Just before I exited the bonus chapter I had one red gem. I came back the next day and placed the red gem in the device and then I couldn't get the HOS on the right to trigger so I could not continue the game. Perhaps it does have more to do with the placing of the red gems than with whether you exit before finishing? I wish tech would weigh in.

violet_sf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:bonus game: No HOS for scyth

[Post New]by violet_sf on Jul 24, 12 4:02 PM
I played the bonus game and could not find the HOS to receive the Scythe for the Grim Reaper. I looked in the strategy guide and found out where it was and still could not get access. (I'm playing on a MacBook Pro)Thanks, BB

Edited on 07/24/2012 at 4:43:27 PM PST

Go to: