bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 12 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines technical issues here only

[Post New]by mysticicedragon5 on Jul 20, 12 6:28 AM
meout

zoogal
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by zoogal on Jul 20, 12 8:30 AM
I downloaded this game and even though my speakers are on the the volume turned all the way up and in the options the music and sound are on there is no sound or music as I played the demo. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 20, 12 11:40 AM
Hi zoogal,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. There might be a couple things causing that, but I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that may help. Here's a help article that has some information on doing that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you're using Windows, another thing you can check is to click the speaker icon in your system tray and select 'Mixer'. You can then make sure that the individual game volume slider isn't muted. That can sometimes be muted, even if the overall computer volume isn't.

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can assist you further.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 20, 12 12:56 PM
I'm disappointed in how this game is playing for me. When I demo'd the CE, whilst I didn't think it was worth the CE price (morphing objects would have done it for me), the game played very smoothly and I was looking forward to the SE being released. Unfortunately the SE does not play like the CE did. It's jumpy and jerky (very technical I know ).

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 20, 12 1:18 PM
Hi JulieJay,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Jerkiness and slow gameplay can have various reasons. It can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint the cause, but as a start, you can make sure all your drivers and software programs are updated. You can view more information about doing that on our help article here:

Of course, if that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

boibo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines technical issues here only

[Post New]by boibo on Jul 22, 12 4:51 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

boibo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by boibo on Jul 22, 12 4:58 AM
This game needs a fix. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times following all the suggestions (ie. check firewalls blah, blah blah) I even tried installing it in the alternate setting in the options menu, and was pleased to see it didn't take HOURS to download, but still it runs in sloooooow motion.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 22, 12 9:49 AM
Hi boibo,

I'm sorry to hear this game is running slowly for you!

Since you've already tried the troubleshooting suggestions and they didn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to look at how the game is running on your particular system and can offer you more specific things to try.

And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help with locating where the problem is coming from so it can be fixed that much faster if possible.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Smalls247 on Jul 23, 12 7:20 PM
I recently purchased this game and downloaded it, although runs very slowly the little enjoyment I was trying to experience soon ceased and the game went white and all that was left on the screen was the cursor and magical chalk since that was the level that I had reached. Very disappointed that I used my game club credit and am not able to play this game, it really needs a technical do over. I have since uninstalled the game, I am afraid to reinstall if there are issues like this remaining.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 24, 12 3:59 AM
Hi Smalls247,

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how your game runs!

If the issues persist after checking out that article though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jul 31, 12 4:08 AM
Just an FYI since I was able to move beyond the issue.

Demoing SE on Win7x64

Not very far in at all. In the sister's room.
Access Violation after reading note from cache in the floor.

Read the note. Clicked outside of it to close it. Access violation.

Restarted game and I was back to the point of putting the key in the cache lock. Game continued from there. Played another 10 minutes without issue.

Harlo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Harlo on Apr 29, 13 12:57 AM
No way to post a screen shot here? I am getting a whole string of coding errors when I try to shop.

http://www.echoswebmagic.com/sisters.secrecy.jpg

My PC runs on Windows 7 and I tried Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode without success.

Thanks.

[Post New]by lostinalger on Jun 16, 13 5:00 PM
I just purchased this game and I have reached where you put the ticket together. The game will not let me move the remaining three ticket pieces to complete. I have exited and reentered but still no luck. Help

Go to: