bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/22/2012 at 4:43:57 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 12 12:41 AM
In case it helps, here's a link to the CE version reviews for this game!

Reviews for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition.

Swim strong and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 12 4:23 AM
Hi everyone...

This review is based on the CE version, which I played in Casual mode.

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Adventure, Hard.

There is no widescreen as far as I can see.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over (very well done, especially with the lip synchronisation).

The Diary is at the left. It holds your Achievements (for HOS and Mini games), and your Tasks.

The HINT button, which also works beautifully outside of the HOS, is at the right. It refills almost immediately in Casual mode.

The iHOS have very clear and wonderful graphics, and objects are easy enough to find.

If you don't want to play a HOS, you can play a Match-3 game instead.

There is a coach, with which you can move to another place and back to where you've started from.

--- --- ---

The graphics are very well done. The gameplay is fun and entertaining. The animation is really lovely, and there are quite a few things to do to keep me from getting bored.

About the Coins

There are little purple flowers all over the place. Click on them and collect a coin.
You will also receive coins for doing HOS and Mini games.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes an awful long time (1 1/2 minutes or so) to fill in Casual mode.

With these coins (the purple bag and the amount of coins can be found at the top right - just move your cursor over it), you can buy things in the Inn (shop), once you have reached the Inn. Just click on the bag, and a window will come up from where you can buy the following: Backstory Sketches, Game Sketches, Audio.

Now, because this is the SE version, I am not sure if you can still collect those coins, since the things you can buy for them are part of the Extras.

--- --- ---

About the Hidden Object Scenes

The HOS aren't timed, but the faster you play them, the more coins you earn. When you are done with a HOS, you will see 3 coins, and you will be told how long you took to play the HOS, and depending on how fast you were, you will get either 1 or 2 or all 3 coins.
I think that is a nice feature for those gamers who do like to have a bit of a challenge when it comes to speed. And the nice thing about this is that if you have been a bit slow but want to get all 3 coins, you can replay any of the HOS.

--- --- ---

About the Bonus game

I very much enjoyed the bonus game, which took me 50 minutes to play.

For those interested in what happens in the bonus game:

In the main game you find one of the boys who ran away from their mother, but not the other one. In the bonus game, you will rescue the other boy.

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jul 20, 12 4:34 AM
I bought the CE version of this game.

Very lovely graphics. I enjoyed them throughout the game. This is a nice and easy game to play when you don't want to have to tax your brain. I will probably replay it several times.

The hint button is very helpful and works nicely outside of HO scenes.

The HO scenes and the mini games were fun and not too hard.

Give the game a try, it is especially nice that you can get an extra punch if you purchase it today.

[Post New]by jimlinda829 on Jul 20, 12 7:53 AM
Yes, you can still collect coins & buy items in the SE version.
Otherwise ditto what Valdy said as he said it all. Thanks!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 12 8:44 AM
jimlinda829 wrote:Yes, you can still collect coins & buy items in the SE version.
Otherwise ditto what Valdy said as he said it all. Thanks!

Ah, that's good to know. I assume you can't buy anything with the coins? Or do you still get to buy the extras with them?

BTW, I am a she.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Jul 20, 12 9:27 AM
Valdy wrote:[
BTW, I am a she.
/"

You give great reviews whether you are male or female but I did figure out you were female since I read so many of your reviews. But I was in question at first only because Valdy sounds like a male name or last name. Who cares really? lol. U R a great reviewer anyway we see you.

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 9:31:02 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 20, 12 10:00 AM
Overall I didn't care for the game. I thought the graphics were not very good quality. The HOS are pretty much junk pile type. There didn't seem to be anything outstanding about this game for me.

I didn't like being forced to watch the commercial each time I exited the game.

You get coins in the SE that same ways you get them in the CE and you can buy extras with the coins in the SE. The extras were 12 back story sketches, 14 game sketches and 6 audio files.

There is no Bonus play in the SE and no in game strategy guide, but there is a Blog Walkthrough here on BFG.

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 10:01:24 AM PST

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jul 20, 12 12:28 PM
I am sorry ...this one is more for kids...no buy for me...

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 20, 12 12:47 PM
Wow the dev's sure out did themselves with this game, Thx so much dev's for all your hard work and the time you spent on this game, I sure hope you come out with another game like this one i spent most of the day playing this awesome g ame thx BF sending love your way.. well deserved game that deserves many more stars..

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 12 1:09 PM
mcbay111 wrote:
Valdy wrote:[
BTW, I am a she.
/"

You give great reviews whether you are male or female but I did figure out you were female since I read so many of your reviews. But I was in question at first only because Valdy sounds like a male name or last name. Who cares really? lol. U R a great reviewer anyway we see you.

LOL Thank you, mcbay.

I am glad that the coins are part of the SE and can be used to buy stuff with. It gives me hope for the future when I don't necessarily want to buy CEs, but don't want to miss out on those extras.

[Post New]by wickedflower on Jul 20, 12 2:29 PM
Underthebridge wrote:I am sorry ...this one is more for kids...no buy for me...

I agree, nothing special for me but would probably be a delight for kids and very easy gameplay

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 20, 12 10:34 PM
I didn't buy the CE, cause I was having a lot of tech problems. Boy am I glad I did, for I would of bought it and only got the bonus, for my bucks. The problems have been taken care of.....................Thank You..................This game is a long one so It's worth the money or punch, whichever one you use.......You get a lot of inventory to use..................well put together but I found that the HO's a little grainy...........but overall I think its a good game to................play..........on............a........rainy............day

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 21, 12 8:23 AM
this is a very good game, no matter if it is a CE or SE it is well worth the buy. we just love collecting coins.---------doug & lisa

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 23, 12 7:41 AM
My advice is to play the full demo before purchasing as before I was halfway through this hidden object adventure I was fed up with playing & had to make myself finish. The gameplay felt quite disjointed & I couldn’t always figure out what to use the inventory items for so had to use the hint button as an aid. There are a lot of screens to open up & quite a bit of going back & forward to find other items to use.

There are 3 modes of play, casual with a 30 second hint recharge, lots of glints everywhere & bright blue butterflies to mark any H0 screens, adventure with 60 second hint or hard with 90 second hint; both that latter don’t have glints but the butterflies are there.

The few voiceovers are really good & I liked the music; it suited the story telling style. The graphics are average & the artwork the same, neither was as crisp & clear as I like & many of the scenes were very dark. In each scene there are one or two purple flowers to find for which you earn coins, you also earn them for completing H0s and mini puzzle and the coins can be used to buy the sketches used to create the artwork or the audio.

The hidden objects are not too difficult & you can switch to match 3 play if you prefer, the mini puzzles are also pretty easy & along the lines of picture tiles, simon says, slider, etc. You will collect a lot of inventory items & some are kept for ages before use, I had to scroll along to see some items as I had so many at points during the game.

It took me around 4 hours to play but that was because I had to keep leaving the game through boredom & come back later & try & remember what I was up to before shutting the game down.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Jul 23, 12 9:05 AM
Well, I did not like the game and I do not know why.
Maybe because the HOS were too easy for a normal HOG player like me (I got 3 coins for all HOS).
Maybe because the diary was not satisfactory enough (f.e.I could not find the recipe for the dragon's medicine so I was collecting things guided by the hint button without purpose, if you know what I mean)
Maybe because it is early afternoon and I am a little sleepy and this game did not keep me awake.
Who knows??

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jul 31, 12 3:37 AM
renaki wrote:Well, I did not like the game and I do not know why.
Maybe because the HOS were too easy for a normal HOG player like me (I got 3 coins for all HOS).
Maybe because the diary was not satisfactory enough (f.e.I could not find the recipe for the dragon's medicine so I was collecting things guided by the hint button without purpose, if you know what I mean)
Maybe because it is early afternoon and I am a little sleepy and this game did not keep me awake.
Who knows??

I agree Renaki,
due to the lack of anything new I have been going back finishing off games I had started but never completed, and I have to say this one is now boring me, i am at the point where I doubt i will complete and may just delete...fingers crossed we get a good offering tomorrow..

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Sep 10, 12 6:29 AM
we must say that the stories plot was strange, but we still bought the game.-----------------------doug & lisa

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 20, 13 2:28 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:My advice is to play the full demo before purchasing as before I was halfway through this hidden object adventure I was fed up with playing & had to make myself finish. The gameplay felt quite disjointed & I couldn’t always figure out what to use the inventory items for so had to use the hint button as an aid. There are a lot of screens to open up & quite a bit of going back & forward to find other items to use.

There are 3 modes of play, casual with a 30 second hint recharge, lots of glints everywhere & bright blue butterflies to mark any H0 screens, adventure with 60 second hint or hard with 90 second hint; both that latter don’t have glints but the butterflies are there.

I played on the casual setting, and the glints were obtrusive and distracting, and they kept on glinting even when there was nothing left to do there.

The few voiceovers are really good & I liked the music; it suited the story telling style. The graphics are average & the artwork the same, neither was as crisp & clear as I like & many of the scenes were very dark. In each scene there are one or two purple flowers to find for which you earn coins, you also earn them for completing H0s and mini puzzle and the coins can be used to buy the sketches used to create the artwork or the audio.

I didn't care about the purple flowers or the coins, but at one point a "mysterious stranger" offered to help me if I would buy something in his store. WHAT? And so if I didn't buy anything, would he help me?

It was at that point that I quit the demo and then had to sit through a long animated advertisement for the game. I don't know if that happens every time you quit or just if you quit during the demo.

This is definitely not a buy for me at any price.

Go to: