bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 22, 12 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by christann1 on Jul 23, 12 8:39 AM
I have removed and reinstalled the "Eternal Journey" twice and run all the diagnostic suggestions and I still end up with a blank screen after the "Big Fish" logo. I can't believe I'm the only one with these issues.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 23, 12 9:37 AM
Hi christann1,

I'm sorry to hear that your having trouble with this game!

It sounds like you've done some troubleshooting already, but just in case, I'm including a link to a help article that goes over how to update your video card and graphics drivers:

If getting those updates didn't help with this issue, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what else is going on. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by risingsn on Jul 23, 12 11:00 AM
I downloaded the trial and never opened it and came back to the Game Manager and it says Trial Expired. I've never had that happen before. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by risingsn on Jul 23, 12 12:09 PM
Never mind. I deleted it and reinstalled and it worked.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 24, 12 3:49 AM
Hi risingsn,

Welcome to the Pond!

I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue for you!

When a trial expires prematurely, it is a good idea to to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game as resetting it in this manner usallu does the trick!

Swim strong and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/24/2012 at 3:49:48 AM PST

[Post New]by ramseye45 on Jul 24, 12 5:46 PM
Loaded game and had decided it would be a purchase for me. But... when I quit the game it froze my computer. So will wait for standard edition to see if any other flaws that may occur will be taken care of.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 25, 12 10:10 AM
Hi ramseye45,

If you'd like to try some troubleshooting, the help article I'm linking below has some things that might get things resolved for you:

You can also definitely contact our Tech Support team; they're happy to help even if you're still running the trial version.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by christann1 on Jul 25, 12 10:18 AM
Its me again. I have run every diagnostic posted and have run updates to shockwave, and adobe to make sure I'm up to date and the game still won't run. The intro logo's come up fine, then all I get is a blank screen. Would like very much to play this game, but can't. Can you help me or not?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 25, 12 11:45 AM
Hi christann1,

I'm sorry to hear that those suggestions didn't help get this game working for you.

Here in the Forums, we aren't set up to really delve into the technical issues that might come up with our games, which is why we start by suggesting the troubleshooting steps in our help articles. They do help a lot of customers that run into certain issues.

But in this case, it's definitely best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to look at how the game is working on your specific system and can work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can read more about how to get in touch with them and send in the details of your issue in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 26, 12 11:44 PM
Tried to buy it, but the purchase would not go through. That didn't strike me as a good sign.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 30, 12 9:55 AM
Hi Rhysdux,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with your purchase of this CE!

I don't have access to information about game transactions, but if you get in touch with our Billing Support team, they'll be able to see what happened and help you get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking right here to submit a support ticket.

bfgMonongahela

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Aug 7, 12 11:28 AM
In the SG when you are trying to make the vaccine for the cat, it never tells you to go find a fuel source somewhere else first. (Intentionally vague so as not to spoil it for other fishes.) Just used the hint button and solved it. Seems they left a couple of details out of the SG.

[Post New]by black5rose on Aug 8, 12 7:35 PM
well i think this is technical... I was putting the figure into the right position in the teimple and while one worked the other didn't and no matter how many times I did it and each time exactly like it was shown to me it did no good so I can't get the blue tear drop and go on. This is quite frustrating so can you tell me what i need to do or must i restart the whole bloody game again? Thanks

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Aug 19, 12 5:29 AM
I would love to buy this game, but it seems to be very unstable in regard to the cut scenes. Every one would cause my computer to lock up - task manager said "Not responding." So, i ended the program, restarted it and proceeded. Apparently i didn't miss any content, but this happened 3 times in the hour demo.

Guess i'll wait and see it there is an update. Hate to miss out on this weekend's sale opportunity tho.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 20, 12 12:11 PM
Hi BarbaraFish,

If the cut scenes are causing your computer to lock up, it could be that your video card or graphics drivers need an update to handle those videos. You can read about how to check for them in the help article we have here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They can take a look at how the game is running on your computer and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Sep 8, 12 12:57 PM
Not sure if this is a tech issue or not but it was unusual and a bit annoying so it might be. On a regular basis, the hint button would suddenly be empty and start filling again...even though it had never been used. This happened throughout both the main and bonus games.

Re:missing inventory and map button

[Post New]by 22TINKER on Oct 14, 12 11:58 PM
i am on the next to the last chapter before the bonus chapter about half way thru i had to stop so i when to the menu button and clicked and then i clicked on the exit and save button and then i clicked on the yes button when it asked if i was sure i wanted to leave the game...now i am back to finish the game but now everything in my inventory is gone and the map button is missing....i cant do anything...everything i needed was in my inventory....im i going to have to play the game all over ????

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 15, 12 2:13 AM
Heya 22TINKER, welcome to the Pond!

How frustrating, IU'm really sorry that all your items disappeared from your inventory!

In this case we could maybe make the items disappear again by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. As your progress is saved in a separated folder you don't need to worry about losing your progress while doing this .

If the items still don't appear and you can't click the map i would recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support so they can have a look at that for you. If you also include a Dr. Felix with your message you they will have all the necessary information right away and can help you even better.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Apr 6, 14 7:37 PM
I'm playing the Mac version (OS 10.6.8) and the cursor is extremely sluggish and somewhat jumpy. Also, the transitions between scenes are slow. I have nothing else open except Game Manager and the game itself.

Go to: