shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 22, 12 12:39 AM
Oh goody! A new CE game and maybe a bit of a Sci-Fi theme? It is almost downloaded... I am off to test drive the demo. Post your comments and opinions here and I'll be baack... Happy gaming everyone and have a great day!

Re:Comments for Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 22, 12 12:45 AM
Shadow, missed this thread by a minute or so...dang it, why don't they just have the two...comments, and reviews...to start with? Especially since they are always so concerned with keeping things "tidy"...oh well, what is common sense to me appears to be lost to the masses. Anyway, this is a hog, about Atlantis, and I am hungry...nuff said. Full game now downloaded and I am off to play a bit more

eta Had to laugh at myself...I initially wrote Atlantas...well, that was my home for about five years, lol.

Edited on 07/22/2012 at 12:47:57 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 22, 12 12:50 AM
I am following you around Wolfen! LOL I am not a stalker... I am not a stalker... Kidding! I am just away to try the demo myself and I agree with you... why not just start a review thread and a comments thread at the same time. It seems logical to me... LOL This looks promising... I will check back here later for your thoughts.

eta:
eta Had to laugh at myself...I initially wrote Atlantas...well, that was my home for about five years, lol.
LOL That makes sense...

Edited on 07/22/2012 at 12:51:19 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 22, 12 1:13 AM
Wow, what a great game. Finaly a game that is different. The HOS and puzzles are good. There is a map and you can jump. The graphics are clear.

I bought the game.

Happy gaming, fishies!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 22, 12 1:17 AM
The cool factor is off the charts for sci-fi fans (space, atlantis what more do you want?) The DEVS (maker of house of 1000 doors) give the best cutscenes and the plot is so different.

There is a transporter map and thankfully someone finally listened, you have the option in the map to have 2 different icons on or off - the one for green active (something to do) and one for 'memory chips' for pick up is at this location. There is no sparkles on the hardest mode even for HOs.

The only thing I'd say is the length of it, 9 chapters plus bonus, I was in 3rd chapter (finished 3rd HOS) at end of 45 mins. Haven't a clue what the extras are if anything as they wouldn't tell me. There were no morphs or really collectables. You have to find 15 flash cards (I think?) but they were obvious. So those two things combined makes it a non CE purchase but a SE.

If I hear that somehow it ends up being a good length game and a decent bonus length with something else in the extras apart from bonus game and SG then I will buy.

But kudos on the setting, something different and not a witch etc in sight.

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Jul 22, 12 1:23 AM
Hi all
Shadowfax is always first to buy. LOL Thanks Valdy for your review, as always precise. I always look now to see what others think before considering buying. I and others would really appreciate it if someone could put down the developers name, we all have our favourites.

Happy gaming all, off to buy.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 22, 12 1:28 AM
salyandpepper wrote:Hi all
I and others would really appreciate it if someone could put down the developers name, we all have our favourites.

don't think we can with this one (which is why I put one of the other games they made in my comment) could be wrong and maybe we can.
I do mention them when I know I can.

edit - double checked and you can't with them as you can buy their games elsewhere other than big fish (that's the rule)

Edited on 07/22/2012 at 1:32:36 AM PST

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jul 22, 12 1:29 AM
Just stopped the demo to come out and buy, really good game,a good story, and fun so far.I hadn't realized there was cards to find, so thanks for that gingergal, will have to go back and look.I was going to say the only thing that could improve my thoughts on this game would be collectables or achievements.!
Thanks developers, i love it, thanks big fish!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 22, 12 1:29 AM
salyandpepper wrote:Hi all
Shadowfax is always first to buy. LOL Thanks Valdy for your review, as always precise. I always look now to see what others think before considering buying. I and others would really appreciate it if someone could put down the developers name, we all have our favourites.

Wow! What a treat to see you here! It's been a while since we have bumped into each other in the forums. I haven't bought yet... but it is looking like it will be pretty fun.

There is a problem with putting the developer's names. They get censored by the BF site now and so it is a bit dicey. Having said that though, at the risk of getting a hand slap... the developer on this one is A l a w a r's Five Bn Studio. I generally really like their games too!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jul 22, 12 1:52 AM
How refreshing to have a different theme and gameplay. I love having the map to shortcut all the to's and fro's in other games. Makes it far more enjoyable. Hope this will be a new trend from game developers.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 22, 12 2:07 AM
they also have censored me when i say to cbtx that ERS team answer the questions on face book!so,i don't post now as often for it is unpleasant to watch at what is allowed to say or not!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 22, 12 2:57 AM
Haven't a negative thing to say about this. When I thought it was an underwater game about Atlantis I was thrilled enough. But now I've got to Mars, it's even better. Great graphics with great attention to detail. Love the story - it's a real bona fide tale/plot, not just some "find this person" garbage. Even the music is good. HOS are interactive and not cluttered too much. I even like the puzzles - they're appropriate to the game and not impossible for me.

I tried mentioning these devs in another thread and it got automatically ********, though I see someone's mention hasn't received the same, so maybe we can.

As to the suspending believe aspect - needing gears and fuses on a space shuttle on Mars in the year 2178? Anyway, it's really well done and something we have been asking for, for ages. Is it possible these devs actually listen to us, or is it just coincidence? It's a far cry from the Thursday game by the same guys, which didn't do it for me at all.

Thanks to the devs and BFG. Made my Sunday.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 22, 12 3:10 AM
...I am scared to death from this...more than the usual creepy tales...

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Jul 22, 12 5:17 AM
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis just became available today how is everyone who just wrote into the forum all ready have the game. What's your secret?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 22, 12 5:27 AM
For me, I get up early....Way too early, probably before BF even updates.
I am still debating on the purchase of a CE...I tend to get tired of the game by the bonus chapter

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 22, 12 5:35 AM
I just finished the main game and it was great. Can't wait to play the bonus. But that is for tomorrow.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 22, 12 6:02 AM
I've played about 10 minutes of the demo and went further after I bought it--I think I can safely say that this is yet another classic from the developers who offered us the Snark Busters trio and Gardenscapes 1 & 2! I like everything about this game, from the storyline to the options menu to the graphics to the interactive HO scenes and the interactive map!

For those gamers (myself included) who wished for non-dark-and-dreary, non-witch-and-vampire offerings, we've got a fun Sci-Fi H0PA!

Good gaming!

Regards, elldee

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 22, 12 6:14 AM
mercyone wrote:Eternal Journey: New Atlantis just became available today how is everyone who just wrote into the forum all ready have the game. What's your secret?

Many of us live many hours ahead of BigFish time (PST). When the game comes out at midnight PST, it's already 9am where I live.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 22, 12 6:16 AM
mercyone wrote:Eternal Journey: New Atlantis just became available today how is everyone who just wrote into the forum all ready have the game. What's your secret?

because we are all in diff timezones....bfg puts tgt out at 12 midnight, which is 3 am my time

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Jul 22, 12 6:48 AM
Sheerija wrote:.

As to the suspending believe aspect - needing gears and fuses on a space shuttle on Mars in the year 2178? Anyway, it's really well done and something we have .

I agree completely. I had a true WT* moment when I needed to pick up insulating tape...but on the good(?) news front, newspapers are still being published in 'dead tree' form well into the next century. This, despite marching toward oblivion in the here & now.

It is a very good game all around & I like quirks in my games, people, etc.

Go to: