Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Turangalydia on Dec 18, 16 4:20 AM
Using an iPad Air
When gifting friends there are always one or two friends I can't send a gift to. The little friend icon does not have the arrow to turn the plaque over to the other side, that has the choices of gifts to send. I haven't been able to send gifts to two of my friends for weeks.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Dec 18, 16 8:13 AM
Private room frozen on the xmas gift receiving room . I cannot get into any of the other rooms

[Post New]by AudioGames on Dec 18, 16 9:12 AM
AudioGames wrote:I've notice with the Christmas Version that if I try to select a daily quest while in the Metro Station, several of the buttons become unresponsive. This includes most of the buttons on the left side (except achievements), and the Gear / Config / Help button in the upper right. Shutting down and restarting fixes the problem, then the first time I select the daily quest button it might work, but the second or third time it fails. I haven't noticed the problem anywhere besides the Metro Station.

I'm using iOS 10.2 on an iPad Pro 9.7

I've now duplicated this problem in other locations by selecting individual tasks within the Daily Quest, for instance hitting the "Go to" button to "Explore any Hidden Object Scenes". I've had to restart the game several times today.

[Post New]by ZoeyG50 on Dec 18, 16 10:09 AM
How do I get the Christmas event? It hasn't been available to me. I noticed on posts that people have it already.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 18, 16 2:42 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like some players are having trouble with the recent update of the game for iOS, and I want to apologize that it has affected players enjoying the new event. What I'd like to do is provide some preliminary troubleshooting steps that may be able to help some of our players experiencing these issues as well as how to reach our Support Team if more assistance is necessary.

For players seeing issues with the game freezing or crashing, the following general steps for our mobile free to play games may be able to help out:

General Help for Mobile Free to Play Games

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you have lost progress, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with the model of device the issue is being seen on, the operating system version it is running, and your in-game ID if possible. If you have lost progress, having your previous in-game ID and your current one can help us quickly restore that progress, but if that old in-game ID is unavailable, please contact us with as much information as possible about the profile so we can help with restoring that progress.

As a heads up, it may take a bit longer than usual for our teams to get back in touch as we've received a larger than usual amount of requests recently. Our Reps are working hard to help each of our players who requested it and they'll be in touch as soon as they can.

For players that are unsure where to find their in-game ID, the following page can assist:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by LilyPotts58 on Dec 18, 16 6:44 PM
peanut242 wrote:I cannot send gifts to my friends, even though I have over 1,500 gift boxes. When I press on their tree to send a gift it tells me it will cost 1 gem per item. ID i657982

[Post New]by LilyPotts58 on Dec 18, 16 6:57 PM
I can't figure out for the life of me how to send gifts in the Christmas room. What am I doing wrong? I had no luck last year either.

[Post New]by Pixie6248 on Dec 18, 16 9:06 PM
I just got the 30 violet xmas cards to get the cat and it didn't give it to me. Now it shows that I have to get the egg and the 30 violet cards again. What now! Spend days playing and get guilted! i1299040. Please help

[Post New]by Pixie6248 on Dec 18, 16 9:14 PM
Shut my ipad down and got the cat.

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Dec 19, 16 3:48 AM
Once again having problems with the daily quest had 4 gold globes now it says I have only 1 chris

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 19, 16 9:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with their Midnight Castle game. For players that are having trouble gifting other player's Christmas private room, please be sure you tap on your friend's profile, then on their Christmas tree. A popup should appear asking if you would like to gift that player.

For players that are having issues with items not crediting correctly, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with your player ID and details of what should be occurring. If you are having trouble with the snowglobes not crediting correctly, please provide a screenshot of your album along with what the achievements are tallying at. Just in case it's needed, I'll include help articles below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by PrincessTweet on Dec 19, 16 10:21 PM
I am getting fed up of the game crashing. It's gotten worse since the latest upgrade, I am stuck in the dark tower, can't give gifts, every time I try to move anywhere game crashes, when I try again I'm back where I was before it crashed, I tried 5 times this morning and it was the same every time, get the daily bonus, it's not registering what I received. If I do manage to get into my Christmas room the game crashes. Some days it won't even load. HELP!!!!!

Violetkitten
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Violetkitten on Dec 20, 16 11:07 AM
Anyone else having trouble with connection on the IOS version? I cannot connect to the game today.

[Post New]by katherine50 on Dec 20, 16 11:15 AM
I am also unable to connect to the server. It started about 10 minutes ago. Please advise what the problem is.

my ID is 534398

Game server back up and working.

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 11:22:13 AM PST

[Post New]by Magsguilin on Dec 21, 16 7:35 AM
I can't unlock level 26! I myself am on level 26. I need help!!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 21, 16 1:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for a response. It sounds like there are a few different issues here and I'd like to try to help as best I can as well as provide the steps on contacting our Support Team for more assistance.

PrincessTweet, I'm sorry that the game is crashing. What I recommend is seeing if the steps on the following page are able to help resolve that issue:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

Violetkitten and katherine50, I'm not aware of any outage or server issue that occurred during this time, and I want to apologize that there was a moment that there was a connection issue. If you are still seeing that connection issue, I recommend seeing if there is trouble with the WiFi or Internet connection the device is using before getting in touch with our Support Team with details of what you are seeing with this issue.

Magsguilin, it sounds like there may be a part of the game that is asking for you to be at least level 26 to unlock it but despite being that level it still won't unlock. The Level requirement may only be one of the requirements to unlock a new room or place on the map, so it may help to try completing some quests to see if that unlocks the area. Otherwise, it will be helpful to reach out to the Support Team with a screenshot of the part of the game that has been locked and details of what you are experiencing when trying to unlock that part of the game. Just in case it is helpful, the following page has steps on taking a screenshot:

Taking a Screenshot

If you need to reach out to our Technical Support Team, you can do so HERE. Be sure to provide your in-game ID, model of the device you are seeing the issue on, and what operating system version it is running. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any of our [b]active Moderators[/b. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Kat1311 on Dec 21, 16 1:59 PM
I went to play the game and was prompted to update for the Christmas version. The app opens and then begins to download and is stuck at 1%, then the screen goes black and freezes. I don't want to delete and reinstall for I'm concerned I lose all progress made thus far (I'm at level 39).

I know there have been issues. Any word on a new update?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 22, 16 7:41 AM
Hi Kat1311,

Welcome to the Forums! I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble downloading the latest update on your device. It is highly recommended to ensure that your Wifi connection is strong your device. Closing out of all the background applications may also help with the download. For these troubleshooting steps, please refer to the following help article:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with your device information and your player ID. The support team has the tools to further assist. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by pantatpuyo on Dec 23, 16 3:40 PM
Hi,

How do i transfer my game from one IPAD to another?

Thank you.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 23, 16 4:08 PM
Hi pantatpuyo,

It sounds like you'd like to transfer your game over to a new iPad, and I wanted to stop by with some help for doing this.

If your original Midnight Castle game has been connected to a Facebook account, you'll be able to load it onto another device by just syncing up with that account. Steps for doing this can be found in the following help article:

Linking to Facebook or Big Fish Games (Free to Play)

If there's any trouble syncing up the games to Facebook or otherwise loading the progress onto the new iPad I recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with your original player ID and the player ID that's appearing on the new device. Our Reps are able to offer some additional, customized assistance, and they're more than happy to help. Steps for locating the player ID can be found in the following help article:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to contact one of our active Moderators if you have any other questions.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: