Senior Citizens sign in!!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 6, 18 10:02 PM
loads of storage space on the ipad. I did a big clean up a while ago, backed it up and put almost all the photos and stuff onto this computer and freed up a huge amount of space, made no diff to the game. The app isn't overly huge, it says its only 2.3gb in settings. the ipad is only half full, its actually got a touch more space left on it that whats being used.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 8, 18 3:19 AM
I never cease to be mystified by this game, I have not been playing for nearly 24 hours as just been too busy, but just now, I turned the ipad on and connected the ipad to wifi. Lo and behold, after telling it save the device version etc, it had a marathon added to the game, thank you GD, and I had 1h45m left of todays daily event, which had NOT shown up prior to this, (I played a couple of levels this morning on a break) so the 8 letter word will probably not get done, no matter. But the really weird thing, it actually brought Powder Peak back on the ipad, and I tapped on it to see what would happen, and it opened it up, I opened a level to see and sure enough, it went in there, so I could have played it if I wished to, but backed out. There had even been a pop up window thanking me for helping with PP and it will return next year. GOsh, that year went fast! It returned within minutes! This is just the strangest thing, it had disappeared, the time had altered etc and now I have 3d19h of it left. Whats going on GD????

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 3:19:45 AM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 8, 18 3:41 AM
I haven't had anything like the wierd experiences in GD that you've suffered jules, but I did have one instance about a week into PP where I couldn't get into the Event. The same message as when you try to play a city you haven't go access to. I played a couple of levels of the current city then tried PP again and accessed it without any problem.
There are certainly some very odd glitches around at the moment.
I'm certainly experiencing far more instances currently of the network connection to GD dropping out and reconnecting at random. It's not affecting anything else I'm doing on the tablet so must be at the GD server end.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 8, 18 4:02 AM
yep, I agree Keith, I think its all at the GD end for sure. In all these glitches and issues i have had, nothing else whatsoever has altered or been affected in any way shape or form, so it simply has to be GD thats at fault. And for each of the various things that I have going wrong, its not only me, others get the same issues, but I seem to get the whole blinking lot whereas others are only getting a single issue or maybe a few. What the heck have I done to deserve this? Thats what I keep asking myself.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Mar 8, 18 6:22 AM
Trying to bring a bit of humor to all of your problems with GD, maybe you got ahold of a bad batch of Easter Eggs. Tis' the season

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 8, 18 9:17 AM
keitht53 wrote:I haven't had anything like the wierd experiences in GD that you've suffered jules, but I did have one instance about a week into PP where I couldn't get into the Event. The same message as when you try to play a city you haven't go access to. I played a couple of levels of the current city then tried PP again and accessed it without any problem.
There are certainly some very odd glitches around at the moment.
I'm certainly experiencing far more instances currently of the network connection to GD dropping out and reconnecting at random. It's not affecting anything else I'm doing on the tablet so must be at the GD server end.

Have you had those same problems when you play on your pc? Is the server you guys play on at your app store or is it the FB server or BF server? Your tablet versions sound like they are routed three different ways and I'm wondering where the weak link is in the chain? I read a post on a different forum a couple days ago from a person who mentioned two programs that can be installed on pc that would play app store games but a mod said if anything goes wrong with the game they can't fix it, so it is confusing to me how it is possible to link the same game across multiple devices, it sounds like the odds of something going wrong are much higher.

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 9:50:55 AM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Mar 8, 18 3:27 PM
Just wanted to jump in here and make a quick announcement, it seems that the developers are reducing the resources needed for monuments in a number of the more difficult cities, St. Petersburg, Seoul, Havana and today I found a massive reduction in Los Angeles! Maybe the powers that be got tired of my Valley of Death label, if anyone else out there runs across this situation in the cities prior to Amsterdam please let me or Trav3lbird know by PM!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 9, 18 6:02 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Just wanted to jump in here and make a quick announcement, it seems that the developers are reducing the resources needed for monuments in a number of the more difficult cities, St. Petersburg, Seoul, Havana and today I found a massive reduction in Los Angeles! Maybe the powers that be got tired of my Valley of Death label, if anyone else out there runs across this situation in the cities prior to Amsterdam please let me or Trav3lbird know by PM!

Is this an appeal to seniors only?

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Mar 9, 18 8:35 AM
GulfCoastGuppy,

I don't think it is just for the benefit of us seniors. As I read thru all the GD threads, it's not just us that have been commenting on how hard the first dozen cities are. In the "Valley of Death" it's hard to complete because the resources needed to build monuments is so outrageously high that you have to ship for sometimes a week or better just to advance in the game. That takes all the fun out of the game no matter a persons age. Then there are us PC players that get very few perks in the form of bonuses and only the Everest Challenge leaving us coin poor most of the time. My game hasn't even give the scratch tickets for two YEARS. And GD can't fix it because BF doesn't give us a User ID or a passport number. Therefore tech squad can't find us in their system.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 9, 18 8:58 AM
Thank you missbethann . I DO realize everything you have stated. However, I am neither a senior nor a mobile device user, and it seems any news, glitches, or requests for info are only found in this thread.

My laptop died in January while I was in Venice. Of course, I had to start all over because I am not linked through Facebook. I am already in Barcelona and would gladly contribute possible adjustments to the monuments. Just wish such conversations were posted in the main forum with a subject.

BTW, having to install GD on my new laptop, I am still receiving scratch tickets daily, but I am sadly in the same boat with regards to the "perks" of mobile device players. I do love the Everest Challenges we DO get though.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 9, 18 9:02 AM
I don't think it takes the fun out of the game, I don't care about how many resources are needed because I do the hh and I play on pc and progress just fine through the cities with an average of 2000 to 3000 coins at all times which is enough to buy an occasional boost or extra life when I need one plus the hh, and I don't buy any coins with real money. There is no reason to have a huge coin stash or spend a week waiting on resources to ship, the waiting just adds more frustration to the game and we do enough waiting for the lives to recharge.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 9, 18 9:24 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Thank you missbethann . I DO realize everything you have stated. However, I am neither a senior nor a mobile device user, and it seems any news, glitches, or requests for info are only found in this thread.

My laptop died in January while I was in Venice. Of course, I had to start all over because I am not linked through Facebook. I am already in Barcelona and would gladly contribute possible adjustments to the monuments. Just wish such conversations were posted in the main forum with a subject.

BTW, having to install GD on my new laptop, I am still receiving scratch tickets daily, but I am sadly in the same boat with regards to the "perks" of mobile device players. I do love the Everest Challenges we DO get though.

Hello there, check out the Resources needed to build monuments (new) thread and as you play cities and find there are changes in what is needed then pm with myself or GamingGrampa and we can update the requirements so those people who like to ship can get organised. Thanks for your input!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 9, 18 2:17 PM
Yay the Milan update showed up in my App Store! Booooo after updating I can't play. It crashes every time, before the globe even. I sent a request to support. Man they better not require iOS 11, because my iPad can't install it.

Yes I tried restarting my iPad. Yes I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Sigh.

Edited on 03/09/2018 at 2:22:38 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 9, 18 3:09 PM
It's a big conspiracy to get you to buy new tablets and iPads I'm glad microsoft stopped with win10.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 9, 18 3:32 PM
The App Store just says iOS 9+ required. So there's hope.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Mar 9, 18 4:04 PM
Okay folks I have an update to my earlier post, bfgllinalta replied to my thread about the changes to the resources for monuments, it covers Berlin through St. Petersburg. So it looks like they've revamped the Valley of Death, I may actually have to retract that label! You can see the list on my new thread.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 9, 18 4:25 PM
Milan is safely here and looks like Buenos Aires is next!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 9, 18 4:51 PM
Customer support says there's an issue with iOS 10, and the devs are working on it. So unless I buy a new device I'm stuck without GD for at least a week. Grrrrrrrrr

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Mar 9, 18 4:51 PM
Hey Trav, you want to go ahead and run with Milan? It looks like I'm going to be busy with the updated numbers in the Valley of Death!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 9, 18 7:04 PM
OK Grampa, I have opened Milan. Anyone else notice that the book of a fashion magazine (in Italy) has an Asian language?

Go to: