Reviews for Wonder World

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Wonder World

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 23, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Wonder World? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Wonder World page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Wonder World

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 23, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 23, 12 12:45 AM
Really, BF? Not sure what to say about this game. I could not help laughing through the small amount of time I played. I don't think I have ever laughed at a game before. It is really that bad. Reminds me of the old HOd games. I believe this is a first attempt at creating a game by the devs. Never heard of them before. The background noise (if you call it that) sounded like some drunk chanting. It is so poorly created that it is hilarious. The game I believe is also very short. There is only one level of play and it is a Frog, which to me personally are annoying. There is no voice except for the person in the background chanting. Very bizarre. The graphics are poor. The octopus looks like a grade school child drew it. After about 30 minutes of the game, I deleted it. I still have not finished the two great CE's BF provided this week. Really do not have time for such inferior work. Personally, this is not even worth a coupon. But.....if this is your type of game, all the power to you! Go for it! I really Wonder where in the World they got this game????

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 23, 12 1:10 AM
I agree this game is poorly done. The only thing I give it credit for , IT IS COLORFUL,I gave it the benifit of the doubt, I played the full hr. Nope no dice. Worst time spent in a looooooooooooooooooonggggggggggggg time. Sorry BF not a game for me hope you get some sales.................

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Jul 23, 12 1:26 AM
I played for the full hour before I deleted this game. I agree with sunnyglow and saphhire. Also, some of the objects are very difficult to locate. It really is colorful though. Sorry, no buy for me.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 23, 12 4:00 AM
The story is OK and the graphics are colourful but even on fullscreen the whole picture is only 12" wide on my monitor and this meant that the FROG pieces were quite small plus the fact that some are very well hidden and I found myself having to use the hint button far too often because I couldn't find some of the pieces even with my nose practically touching the screen and the hint circle aura around it so I just clicked in that area until I happened to find it. By the way clicking too much results in your cursor vanishing for a short time .

The info bar appears above the the boxes showing the pieces that you have to find and I would have preferred to see this at the top of the screen out of the way as it kept popping up and getting in my way when I was trying to find things and it got shouted at . I also turned my sound off so I couldn't hear those poor trapped souls chatting/chanting, not very sympathetic to their plight was I .

I really wanted to like this game because it is a FROG and we haven't had one for some time but unfortunately I just got too frustrated to think about going beyond the hour's demo, sorry devs.

Cherb

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 23, 12 5:01 AM
After 9 minutes, I was done. Very poor design, looks like some kid designed it in his basement. It doesn't even fill my screen, it's so dark you can't find the pieces you need, and it is overall amateurish. Shame on BF for giving us this poor excuse for a game today.

uvujog10
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by uvujog10 on Jul 23, 12 6:34 AM
Very short game and definitely not for the experienced. Nothing to get the grey cells excited in fact mine went to sleep. I agree that its going back in time to the early days of HO's. After playing the trial, I thought it may get better but was very disappointed. However, I continued with hope and remained dissappointed. Come on BF we love you but give us more games with lots of brain teasing minigames within the HO scenes and tasks to complete for the fearless.

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Jul 23, 12 8:54 AM

Edited on 07/24/2012 at 12:46:10 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jul 23, 12 9:31 AM
The game opened full-screen on my monitor. Graphics are very colorful, and very cheery after the dismal CE's I had been playing. Enjoyable puzzles, and I personally enjoy FROGs immensely. Good game for me, and bought right after the trial.

If this is the first offering from the developer, I applaud them. Found the game interesting and look for more from this developer.

ETA: Was so into the game, didn't realize the game isn't full-screen for me, just seemed that way, lol. Sorry for the mistake.

Edited on 07/23/2012 at 9:34:47 AM PST

dst12
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by dst12 on Jul 23, 12 10:57 AM
This game drove me crazy, I could not touch anything without some remark, what is going on with these people , don't they check these games, lately the games been really ,reallt bad, come on, open your eye and your mind, how can we buy games
if you gives I hate to say the word ( JUNK.)

I'm sorry but these last several months the games been very,very BAD.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jul 23, 12 11:07 AM
i liked this game and bought it after demo. colorful bright scenes. it was nice playing a nice simple game for a change.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 23, 12 1:11 PM
FROG - FRagmented Object Game.

Bright and colourful. Once I got used to the gameplay and how the objects were drawn, I really got into the game and had loads of fun in the hour I played. I was a bit disappointed when it ended.

Once objects are whole, you either use them in that scene or in another but not so far away that you forget where you needed them.

I'm undecided whether to buy or not and wish there was some clue as to length - I normally judge by checking a walkthrough to see how far I got in the demo.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jul 23, 12 1:57 PM
Guess I'll dub this one my "guilty pleasure" for the week The storyline is interesting & I do love all the bright colors & the fanciful feel! Yes - the constant pop-ups as you scroll over a scene are annoying - but they are annoying in every FROG - so this is true to genre that way.

Now - I might chew on it a bit more if I didn't have some free games saved up - but maybe I'd buy anyway. Upshot: give it a try and see what you think!!

Happy gaming!!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 23, 12 2:03 PM
Not a real bad game. I played the whole hour and got through it ok. It was hard to see a lot of the HO but managed to do it with hints. Seems to be an ok storylilne and a little different. I am on the fence on buying it? I do like FROG's and enjoy doing something a little different.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 23, 12 8:04 PM
Based on the one hour demo (and looking within the program to determine the number of locations):

This seems to be a short game. It has 21 parts to various locations. There are not 21 separate locations but 21 places you can go. For example, the main floor, the basement, the top of the stairs, the room off the stairs, etc. Some of the rooms were also visited twice and the developers counted that as another location. I completed 12 of the 21 in the one hour demo, so it would be awfully short. It doesn’t seem to be worth the full price of $6.99.

Some of the items were hard to find and I found myself using the hint button a lot. That makes the game play frustrating and not much fun. The images in the scenes were too small overall. Even the scenery and other things in each scene were too hard to see. I had to turn up my gamma quite a bit to make the scenes brighter.

The mechanics of the game play are not bad but overall it was just not a fun or interesting game to play. This will not be a purchase for me. There are too many better games for the same price.

The game title of Wonder World did not seem to fit the game. Unless you say, “ I Wonder what in the World I am doing playing this game.”

Edited on 07/23/2012 at 8:06:59 PM PST

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Jul 23, 12 10:32 PM
Not the best game, HOs difficult to find and all the rest people have said.... but I bought it, becuase I wanted to finish the story. Took me about half an hour to finish after the hour test play. Not exactly good value for money.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jul 23, 12 11:05 PM
I thought it was a unique sort of game with subtle humor, beginning with the title of the game! So, based on the demo, I'm just not sure if this game is sooo bad that it was almost good or it was soooo good but just had simplistic graphics and puzzles, lol)... but I did enjoy the demo.

The length is what I'm most concerned about as I'm reading that it's very short and the demo ended where I was [color=#ffffff]trapped in a room with the pirate after obtaining the potion from the heron, [/color]sooo, not too sure it's worth a MD credit or not.

I did think it was a cute game though... different with a lot of imagination gone into it and even though a "dark" theme, which I'm not too keen on generally, it really didn't really 'feel' dark to me.... as mentioned, there were lots of tongue in cheek bits thrown in there and so much going on with each scene, that I actually got absorbed in it all and it ended abruptly.

Edited on 07/24/2012 at 10:39:39 PM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 24, 12 12:10 AM
REVIEW OF COMPLETED GAME
This comes in at just under 2.5 hrs which is pretty standard for 1st attempts, which this looks to be. It's passable in a kind of amateurish way. The colours are good and it plays well. The story is just average, but I really liked the music.

My main problem was having the inventory and the list box separate. It took up too much space and made the play area too small. Since FROGS are always full of hard to see items anyway, this made it even harder to spot them. A bigger screen and an extra hours play would have pushed this up into a higher bracket.

But I think they've got the right idea. They just need to put a bit more meat on the bones the next time.

On a 1st try basis, I rate it 5/10. For potential, 7/10.

Give your next one a bit more oomph, devs.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 24, 12 8:30 AM
this game is poorly done, it is created to keep a fast paced mind slow. it has pretty colors, but all in all it is a 1 out of 5 game. we will not buy thiis game.--------doug & lisa

Go to: