bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Totem Tribe - New Version Available Today Febuary 5, 2009

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 5, 09 5:58 PM
We now have a new version of Totem Tribe that corrects the issue with users not being able to get 100% of the gems. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from your purchase history under the My Account tab on our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

Sohoplus5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Totem Tribe - New Version Available Today Febuary 5, 2009

[Post New]by Sohoplus5 on Feb 5, 09 6:45 PM
I tried to uninstall the game and when it was done it said that the game was not able to fully uninstall that some files were left on the computer. So I'm still having problems with the game. Is anyone else having this problem too?

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 5, 09 6:50 PM
Usually all you have to do in that case is delete the directory the game was stored in. But...you have to do this BEFORE you reinstall. I would also recommend completely rebooting your computer between uninstalling and reinstalling.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 5, 09 7:39 PM
No wonder mine still says version 1.02

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Feb 6, 09 2:16 AM
Normally its because it does not remove your savegames. Can you see what is left?

Tralfaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Tralfaz on Feb 6, 09 8:50 AM
If you remove the savegames file doesn't that mean you will have to start the game all over again with the new version install?

Just curious, part of me wants to part of me dreads it.

littlesambo
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Totem Tribe - New Version Available Today Febuary 5, 2009

[Post New]by littlesambo on Feb 6, 09 9:44 AM
bfgErie wrote:We now have a new version of Totem Tribe that corrects the issue with users not being able to get 100% of the gems. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from your purchase history under the My Account tab on our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492>Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

hello bfgerie, question if i do this, what's going to be with my progress on totem tribe i'm in a hurry to do do this. would appreciate a fast as possible response.
thanks in advance

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 6, 09 11:24 AM
My own testing showed that reinstalling the game did not remove your progress. I'd like to also mention that this new version is an updated build of 1.02. This is not version 1.03 of the game.

Aylah
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aylah on Feb 6, 09 11:55 AM
OK, so just to make sure that I have this right before uninstalling a game I am about to go onto the very last level of. If I uninstall it and download the new version - will the progress I made have been retained or will I have to start over?
Sorry to be so pedantic about this point, but it's taken me hours and hours to get where I am and I want to make doubly, nay trebly sure
Thank you

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 1:08 PM
Just so you know all your saved games are saved in another directory. If you uninstall and reinstall the game it doesn't delete your saved profiles.

Aylah
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aylah on Feb 6, 09 2:31 PM
Thank you very much for your reply cyberomega. I thought that would be the case, just wanted to be extra sure
Thanks again

[Post New]by Richiewing on Feb 6, 09 5:21 PM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the updated version and yes, all my hard work was still there

Sohoplus5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Sohoplus5 on Feb 6, 09 5:34 PM
I have unistalled and reinstalled, even went to my control panel to unistall, restarted the computer, then reinstalled and I'm still getting the same thing. I still can't get on certain islands I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what else I need to fix the problem. I feel like an idiot. Does anyone have an idiot proof way of fixing it?

[Post New]by ozarklaker on Feb 7, 09 7:22 AM
This new "fix" is crashing. I had no problem with the previous version I had but since reinstalling this new one it locks and crashes. I had uninstalled and reinstalled again and it does the same thing. If you try to go back to an island (was trying for Beetle island) it goes black - this fix has really fixed me alright.

[Post New]by dunindoxies on Feb 7, 09 7:42 AM
im haveing a lock and crash problem too. i am also haveing a problem with the find items not loading properly. on worship island i had to quit and go back several times to get all the fruits and now im having the same problem with comet crash site. i also cant go back to past islands

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Feb 7, 09 7:58 AM
New version is causing same problems. Can't go back to 3 previous islands. The game locks up black screen with just the name of the island, or it shuts down and goes back to the desktop.

This sucks becuase the game is a great time consuming game with enough fun factor to keep ya playing. Kinda hard to go back and complete islands after you gain buildings when you can't get back into the islands.

I'm hesitant to talk with tech support because I will get the same run around as everyone else. I have a top tier computer with all the latest and greatest drivers, I.E. Directx, Vid drivers, and chipset drivers. This game should not have these problems.

[Post New]by dunindoxies on Feb 7, 09 8:45 AM
i agree navey. my computer was just updated by my hubby and his tech buds so it works great. i love the game but so mad right now i could throw my computer out the window. i just want to play it thru. this is the only game from bfg that i have problems with. i bought 2 other games the same day and they all work fine.

Kzlyh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Kzlyh on Feb 7, 09 2:20 PM
I have the same issue, submitted request to customer service. I haven't tried all the items but I do know that Frozen Vale and Skull both cause the game to lock. I thought maybe it was the games at the top of the map but I was able to red-visit Mist without an issue and I've also re-visited Dolphin and Lonely Island without a problem.

I've uninstalled and re-installed (supposedly the new build) the game today and still have the issue. I play the game in windowed mode now so that if it locks up at least I can End Task versus turning off computer (which is bad for Windows).

nita797
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by nita797 on Feb 8, 09 10:57 AM
well I have some news. I have not downloaded the new version and have discovered that now that I have passed shark archipelago I cannot go back to certain islands without getting the black screen. So it is not just the new version it is an existing problem within the game.

[Post New]by ferg648 on Feb 9, 09 5:16 PM
So what is the solution? I enjoy the game a lot but am stuck because I cannot complete Scorched Island until I go back to Frozen Vale which keeps shutting down.
>

Go to: