[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jul 25, 12 12:04 AM
Any comments fishes?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Todays DD July 25 2012

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 25, 12 5:16 PM
It's the only type of this kind of game I've bought and played. I enjoyed it, had no tech problems.

Sorry can't give an in depth comment on it, as it was ages ago I bought and played it. Got it as a DD.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Jul 25, 12 7:06 PM
I bought it today. It's a fun game. This is my first review on the game forums...

I've played it pretty much nonstop since about 3 am (The DD shows up at 2:00 here.) and so far, no glitches. There are 7 countries in all. I'm in Italy, the 6th one.

Widescreen - Yes

Sound - Good

Graphics - Very nice and crisp

Music - I've switched it off as it's a bit too "jazzy" to suit me.

Relaxed Mode
- No

Challenging - Yes, but it's not extremely hard to get first place after replaying a level if you don't get it the first time.

Trophies/Awards/Uniform Upgrades
- (Love this part!)

Voiceovers - No

Storyline - Good - Interesting enough for me to stop and read the characters' dialogue/quirky...

Recipes
- There's a recipe book that you can use to make the dishes at home and after finishing each country, you get a printable recipe. I haven't printed any, but it's nice to know I can go back into the game and check the book anytime.

After I finish this game, and if there are no glitches, I will play the demo for the original. This game is definitely worth the money. I'd probably pay $6.99 for a game this fun and of the same length. Nice replay value.

There are 8-9 levels for each country. One contestant is eliminated after each country's contest ends. The story has some funny parts with a little mystery thrown in. Overall, this is a solid game. I haven't experienced any problems. You can use a custom cursor. I'm using the system cursor as I feel that it's easier to navigate with. The game cursor is a carrot. Very cute but a little awkward.

Uniform upgrades help with your speed/increase the patience of the judges/earn more points for each dish cooked. You can change any time you wish. There are upgrades for the skillet/grill, blender, and oven.

I'm not an expert TMer and I don't find this game too hard...yet. Even if you don't win at least 3rd place each round, it looks like you can still continue to play. There's a replay and a continue button. I've only used "replay".

Edit: Wanted to add that the H0 gameplay doesn't consist of dark junk piles. Ingredients are spaced out on the countertops and shelves. You can easily memorize where each one is and queue your tasks. I am burnt out on HOGs and this part of the game hasn't bothered me. Mini-games are not too hard. I like that they help you gain a few extra points before the more challenging levels. Happy gaming!

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 7:18:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Jul 26, 12 6:05 AM
I finished the game without any glitches. Hope others can enjoy it as much as I did.

Go to: