bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Live Novels: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 25, 12 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Live Novels: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice technical issues here only

[Post New]by Stevecps on Jul 25, 12 2:58 AM
My screen froze in the tutorial when told to pick up the large hook. I managed to pick up another item on the list but couldn't get past the tutorial screen or pick up the large hook. Unable to play the game from this point.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Post any Live Novels: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice technical issues here only

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 25, 12 3:55 AM
Hi Stevecps,

If you go back and enter a new profile and don't use the tutorial, it will likely play.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 25, 12 3:57 AM
Heya Stevecps,

I'm so sorry to hear that you can't continue the game already in the tutorial.

Our newer games sometimes require that your computer is running with the newest software that's available for it. To make sure this is the case you can have a look at how to update your graphic card driver in this help article:

If this doesn’t help our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 25, 12 3:59 AM
Stevecps wrote:My screen froze in the tutorial when told to pick up the large hook. I managed to pick up another item on the list but couldn't get past the tutorial screen or pick up the large hook. Unable to play the game from this point.
That happened to me also. I had to exit the game.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Jul 25, 12 4:29 AM
Me too, this is too bad, have now deleted the game. :-(

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jul 25, 12 5:01 AM
Me too I deleted the game

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Jul 25, 12 5:21 AM
Stevecps wrote:My screen froze in the tutorial when told to pick up the large hook. I managed to pick up another item on the list but couldn't get past the tutorial screen or pick up the large hook. Unable to play the game from this point.

Another me too. Too bad, I was so excited to see this game. Love Jane Austin's novels.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 25, 12 6:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to hear that you have had this trouble with the game crashing after picking up the hook!

To combat this, I would suggest updating those elements that run your game using the help article below:

If the error persists after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Jul 25, 12 6:53 AM
I recieved a down loading error, so I can"t play. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Stevecps on Jul 25, 12 7:11 AM
I have been a member of BFG for several years now and I certainly have everything up to date on my computer. I own dozens of games bought on this site and have never had this problem. I really have no desire to contact technical support to get a trial game to run on my computer but I did want to let others know I had this issue. My game froze before I could pick up the hook.

birds110
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by birds110 on Jul 25, 12 7:12 AM
I had the same thing happen.. the game froze so I went out and did another profile and didn't use the tutorial.. and it was fine for a couple min.. then froze again..
And my computer is brand new.. all upto date soft ware... so its the game not the software....
Tried 4 different times and still freezes...

Too bad.. looks like a nice game

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jul 25, 12 9:42 AM
Ditto on the freeze cannnot pick up hook but I can go to menu and exit
which is different than most freezes where you have to use ctrl- alt- delete to get out
I will try new profile and not use tutorial didnt like it anyway dont like it when you have to use a hint when you dont want to

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 25, 12 9:51 AM
Hi LOLOVESHOG,

Depending on the type of error you saw while you were trying to download the game, the suggestions in this help article may help:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

But if you try those and the game is still not installing or launching correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and see how best to get everything resolved for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 25, 12 9:58 AM
Hi again Fishies ~

For those of you who are experiencing that same freeze issue in the hidden object scene, please send in a Dr. Felix Report to our Tech Support team.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgMonongahela

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 25, 12 11:40 AM
I'm surprised the devs released this to BF without fixing this problem - they've known about it since it was released on a different site a few weeks ago. Bummer; I kind of liked it.

[Post New]by confused9988 on Jul 25, 12 2:21 PM
It froze shortly into the game. I was enjoying it until then and would have bought it.

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jul 25, 12 2:22 PM
My computer also froze up during the tutorial when trying to pick up the hook. Using task manager I closed out the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Next I created a new profile and started over skipping the tutorial and I was able to pick up the hook with no problem.

Once I am finished with this comment I am going to follow the instructions listed above from one of the moderators to update all my drivers to see if that helps.

Once I was able to pick up the hook from the fountain, I continued playing and was in the home of the people after one of the characters got sick. Everything was going great until my mouse froze up. I opened the task manager to close the game out, and before I could click on the name of the game in the task manager, the entire computer screen went to a dark blue blank screen. As everything was shut down, I had to do a hard shutdown.

After restarting the computer, I had my sister look at the computer. She went into the Event Manager within the computer to see if there was an error code listed. The error code listed in the Event Manager is 7009.

It appears this game is having issues.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 25, 12 4:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry this game is giving you trouble with error codes and freezing. However if you get in contact with our Customer Support team a rep will be happier to take a closer look with you and it will help us better track any issues.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

ntm76
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ntm76 on Jul 26, 12 11:25 PM
Add me to the list of not being able to pick up the hook =(

Go to: