bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Live Novels: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 25, 12 12:48 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Live Novels: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Live Novels: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 12:49:01 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Live Novels: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 25, 12 12:48 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 25, 12 12:59 AM
sorry big fish, this game is horrid, you can move the screen side to side,to search for items. Shame you have a blue halo all around the boarders. This halo makes items very hard to see, NO BUY here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but fishies judge for yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lasted 10 min..............I know some will say didn't give it enough time, but I think 10 min was to much..............

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Jul 25, 12 1:09 AM
The storyline, to me, was just too sappy.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jul 25, 12 1:15 AM
Morning Saphhire and all you other fishies,
Totally agree with Saphhire's comments. Not a big fan of scrolling screens and some of the fragmented objects are very hard to see. HOS are very cloudy/hazy and the music is annoying. I understand that they are trying to achieve the old fashioned Victorian look, but it doesn't work for me. I lasted 25 mins and uninstalled. Give it a go anyway because this game will appeal to some.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 25, 12 1:21 AM
Terrible game.

Graphics are below standard.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is, however, stretchscreen.

Many items you are looking for are silhouettes.

Sometimes you have already another set of something you need to find in your "Find" box, but you can't click on the items yet, and if you do, you are told that you don't need them just now.

Often when you click on something that is not in your "Find" list, up pops a speech bubble, telling you that this is not what you are looking for.

The screens scroll sideways.

While I was looking for bits and pieces belonging to a dress, my screen froze. That's when I decided it was time to get out of there.

--- --- ---

If you thought the last offer of Pride & Prejudice was badly done, have a go at this one. You may just start to like the other one.

Oh, and there is only 1 gameplay mode.

--- --- ---

Forgot to say:

Welcome to the Pond, Biwa!!

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 1:46:13 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 25, 12 1:32 AM
This game has the misfortune to follow "Pride and Prejudice-Hidden Anthologies". It's only natural to compare, and this title is the loser in every imaginable way.

I'm not going to list every little detail by which this game fails----it would take too long, and a game this poor will tell its own tale, anyway. (Bad graphics, poor gameplay, loading for each and every screen, repetitious music, etc.,etc.)

Two quirks I found:
-being the 2nd consecutive game from these devs, I see that the Big Fish screen and the dev screen are presented in Widescreen, and the games are not. That makes me think the games must be quite old----they certainly look it. And these devs, though I haven't seen them in a while, have certainly been around long enough to have some very old titles in their basement----and I think we've just seen a couple of them.
-if you use interactive help, you can not pick up the first object it points to in the first HOS, so I went back and declined any help and it did ok----strange, but glitchy.

Poorly done, poorly designed----no buy here.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jul 25, 12 1:35 AM
Morning All

Yes Valdy I was thinking of the last offering of Pride and Prejudice it was awful and so is this one, such a shame 'cause when I see the title my heart skips thinking its gonna be a delightful game.

Never mind we have got Surface to look forward to and I'm just replaying the first one and loving it.

Have a good day everyone.

Linda

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Jul 25, 12 2:38 AM
Yet another Big Fish FLOP!!!!!

[Post New]by Stevecps on Jul 25, 12 2:52 AM
I agree with previous reviewers. Disappointing game all around. [Removed by Moderator] I don't understand why there is a blue halo when I scroll from side to side, Very distracting. I can't buy what I can't play. No buy here.

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 4:13:04 AM PST

[Post New]by Trigthewig on Jul 25, 12 3:09 AM
Hi - I just want to add my comment about what a truly awful game this is. As a long-time Jane Austen addict, I was interested to download the trial. I lasted 5 minutes - the scrolling screen and blue halo are so distracting, and the music is cringeworthy!

Another point for the devs at the risk of being pedantic - Pride and Prejudice is a Georgian, not Victorian novel - it was written more than 20 years before Victoria came to the throne! Anyway, I'm off to uninstall now...

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 25, 12 3:20 AM
oh dear, yet another sad little game.
What is really a shame is that the artists have really done a nice job with the background and graphics..the software gameplaying is really aweful. The scrolling is so old and so irritating, the game is constantly telling you that you don't need this and that that you found but your list of fragmented pieces are out of site, out of mind. The story is famous but I find the lusting after some unknown man simply because he's single and moneyed without anyone even meeting him pretty distasteful now a days. I can see how it is appropriate for the time..but I can't imagine thinking that way about my daughter.
So, Big Fish..you are letting us down again..please let the developers know that these old games need to be free online and that is that.
kris

tlonestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tlonestar on Jul 25, 12 3:22 AM
ME? I'll Just re-read Jane's original novel........thank you very much! HEY BFG you are starting to SLIP again ......please some quality!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 25, 12 3:34 AM
Scrolling screen is nearly unforgivable but could have been acceptable if it were a better game.

I was asked to find the parts of a necklace and all of a sudden I had at least two other FROGs to find as well. If I had been told anything about those, I missed it. Along the way yet another FROG was added. I would have expected to be able to see several of these pieces but some were too small, too dark, too well blended into the background or otherwise too hard to see in some way. There were beads I could see but could not retrieve because other items were needed. No problem with all these pieces parts if I could just see some of them.

The only thing I like about this game is the pretty art work. Too bad the items were mostly too hard to see and the screen scrolled. No Buy for me.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 25, 12 4:21 AM
Well, another terrible game this morning. This one is stale, flat, and uninteresting. My cursor froze on the hook, so I got out and back in with another profile, and it worked then. So annoying. All those pop-up boxes with conversation are annoying also. HOS was just okay, since I played only 20 minutes I found just one. The fragmented pieces are so blended into the background I had to use way too many hints to find them. When a game annoys me, it's time to dump it.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Jul 25, 12 6:10 AM
I have watched this movie several times,and loved it. I laughed and cried and would watch it again. As far as the game goes , it was a mess. The thing I hated the most was the book "loading ". To me it seemed like it took forever. A sure no buy for me.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 25, 12 6:18 AM
Although this is not one of the top games, I'd still like to play it. I think it would be great if had games like this on sale for $1.00. They could call it "Daily Dollar Deals". And this would most definitely be a game I'd buy for "Dollar Deals". It move to slow and is very hard to find or see the objects. I do like the storyline, although the dialogue is some what corny.

But, like I always say, give the game a try for yourself. I would buy it for $1.00 just for the storyline and graphics. I think it's worth that price. We can only hope there will be some better games coming out soon.

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Jul 25, 12 7:04 AM
Sorry. I don't like the scrolling screen. I did not like the story.
The graphics are nice though. I played for about 10 minutes, as someone else did. It was truly enough time.
Just did not like the game all around.
Not a buy for me.

Nypthes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Nypthes on Jul 25, 12 7:09 AM
The message "that doesn't look like part of a dress" was the final straw for me in this very old very slow game. I don't need to have a pop up in my way every time I miss click on the blurry scenes. Sorry Big Fish but this one needs to go in the trash heap.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 25, 12 7:27 AM
Review after about half of demo (got to where I needed to find pieces of a broken umbrella):

The background scenery looks good. I had no technical difficulties at all while playing (although in one H0 scene, I had to move a lot of things around to be able to pick up scissors and a thimble but did manage it). I did not recognize the names of some objects so they were harder to find, but that is just me.

The H0 scenes are a bit harsh on the eyes and some items are well-blended or partially hidden...but findable - sometimes with a hint. I absolutely did not care for the music AT ALL! I didn't like the "book loading" after finishing a scene. I did not like the "cut out" appearance of the characters, especially when they would jump onto the screen. Too much dialog (but I guess necessary for the story?) and was continuously clicking to close the boxes.

I found that I needed several fragments of different objects in different scenes at once...I don't care for that...but hovering the mouse around showed silhouettes of objects that would be needed so I started checking pretty often to see if I needed to find fragments in other scenes. Also, I found that if I just left the cursor at the edge of the screen, the screen would scroll itself at a pace I could see fragments (if I remembered what I was looking for!).

Overall, I would most likely buy this game as a "filler" if it were on sale. I guess I am used to the more difficult and more complicated HOPAs and FROGs which are my favorite games to play.

Go to: