Jigsaws does not open!

[Post New]by littletow on Jul 26, 12 3:20 AM
Error code 126 reads "missing, corrupt or wrong files" the game downloads ok but will not open!
- dll32 files work on some of my games as old as 2008 plus my microsoft guide states that all dll32 files will run on 64bit machines!
any suggestions,anybody anywhere PLEASE.

Re:Jigsaws does not open!

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Aug 4, 12 3:37 PM
Not sure, but it sounds like you are referring to the openal32.dll file which the game uses for its sound effects. I believe this file was made an optional part of the BFG install and I'm guessing that you disabled this part of the install.

You can either reinstall the game (this time don't disable this part of the install), OR, you can right-click the game's icon to locate its install folder, then just open (run) the oalinst.exe file that you find there. This will install just the missing openal32.dll file and you are all set.

In case you are wondering, OpenAL is the Open source Audio Library distributed by Creative Labs. It is a well respected library used by many applications to play sound effects.

~ David

[Post New]by sullerino1 on Apr 14, 13 9:52 PM
I have had this game 2 weeks. It played fine until a couple of days ago. Then I could not open it any more. I get the same message. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. So what happened?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 18, 13 12:19 PM
Hi Fishies,

Error 126 is normally caused by a missing or out of date version of DirectX, a program required to run most games. If you'd like, you can check out our help article here that goes over that error in more detail:

Error 126

You can also get in touch with our Tech Support Team if that isn't working and they'll be happy to help.

We also have a dedicated technical issues thread for Jigsaws Galore, so I'll go ahead and lock this discussion. Please feel free to post any problems you encounter with the game here in that thread.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: