Great Little War Game Technical Issues

[Post New]by GoneFishing on Jul 27, 12 12:40 AM
I start this thread as I need to bring up a Technical problem:

There is a need to change the graphics that the game uses BEFORE it starts, because as soon as it starts I get a black screen and the monitor floats a message about incompatible resolution.

This kind of message I get when a game uses a graphics frequency other than 60 that my monitor uses and when this is changed the game usually works fine.

So how can I change that in this game? What file need I ti edit and how?

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Great Little War Game Technical Issues

[Post New]by dueler on Jul 27, 12 1:55 AM
Hi, Problem here also, said to download direct X (i did this although i have the latest version).
The game loaded ok, all the usual stuff ,eg options etc,etc, clicked on play and the screen opened up with two soldiers talking and a speech bubble but there was no written words in there, clicked play again and i got a screen with a black silhouette of some sort, lots of small energy bars (green through to red) which must be where the soldiers should be but arnt, then another banner came across the screen saying soldiers are being deployed to certain positions and why this was going the background scene was moving very slowly.
Had nowhere to exit the game so had to Esc+Ctrl+Alt, managed to get to the games manager and click uninstall but it would'nt let me as it said the game was running, so had to shut down pc and reboot.
Went back to games manager and uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again but i still got the same problems again so i just uninstalled and left it.
I thought these games were tested by the developer and BFG before they were put on the site, obvious there not.
running vista windows (64bit) Quad core so should work shouldnt it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Great Little War Game Technical Issues

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 27, 12 2:41 AM
Hello Fishies,

Sorry to hear about your display issues with the game!

Sometimes a game needs the computer to have the newest drivers installed before it can be played. You can find some steps on how to check your drivers here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn’t help our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

Also, as we now have our usual technical issues thread here, I'll go ahead and look this one so we can keep all feedback together.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Go to: