bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Great Little War Game technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 27, 12 2:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Incredibly frustrated

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jul 27, 12 6:21 PM
This game is so unresponsive it took me 10 minutes just to quit.
Five clicks to get any response at all on any command. I have never had such a bad game experience at BG! I will try to uninstall and see that helps, it looks like game I really enjoy. If one could get anything move.

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Post any Great Little War Game technical issues here only

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Jul 28, 12 3:44 AM
No luck here. Every time the general finishes "talking" via empty white cartoon bubbles with only the faintest words in them--and the game is actually about to finally start! Boom! Access violation.

Sigh.

Does anybody test these games, or do ya'll just post them and wait for all the complaints? Seriously--I would really like to know!

If you don't bother to test them, why should I? It doesn't help my computer to keep force quitting all the time. It's a pain to have to do this, but if you DON'T test them, I'll just have to start waiting a couple of weeks before I try each game, and check the technical issues for each of them in the forum first.

(So much for "tomorrows game today . . .")

So, do you test them?

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jul 28, 12 4:45 AM
Hi TRD, had the same sort of issues, why they locked the other "technical issues" page i'll never know and then let gamers open another one is beyond my comprahension (only the BFG mods know!).
Everything is working ok on my PC and i asked the same question as you, do they test these games before releasing them, i suspect not as never got a reply to that question.
Still there loss not mine, more saved money by me and less in theres.
Maybe, just maybe we will get an answer.
I dont buy the games to find issues, i buy them to enjoy.
Sort BFG.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jul 28, 12 5:46 AM
No-one could possible test a game on every possible different computer configuration out there. It goes way beyond just which operating system you are running and no 2 computers will be exactly the same.

Dueler: If 'sort BFG' means you want them to get it working with your own specific computer setup (since this is not a global bug affecting all computers), you'll need to contact CS and give some detailed tech info about your setup (as the mod told you in the other thread).

But, personally I'd try her help links first: It's surprising how often something as simple as updating a driver makes a huge difference - I've been caught out in the early days thinking everything was covered under automatic updates but found things I need to manually seek out updates for, even when a comp brand new).

Even if it did turn out to be the game at fault, not something needing updating on your comp, it would be the game not working only with certain specific setups. How are they supposed to fix that without some detailed information on which setups it doesn't cope with so that they can investigate which bit of software it isn't coping with (or which isn't coping with it)?

I agree the 1st tech thread should have been taken as the official one when the official one wasn't up until over 2 hours after the game released and a tech thread had been started (different when someone starts one after the official one, I can see why they lock then).

But what do you mean by 'and then let gamers open another one?'. The only other thread opened by a gamer so far (apart from one asking for gameplay help) is the comments one which I started. If you look at the official posts at the top of the review thread, you'll see that we are invited to start a comments thread for any general comments that are not necessarily reviews (and are not tech issues since they want those all in one place).

Basically we are allowed only one tech issues thread (but I agree, if mods late starting one, should go with one already started by gamers if there is one and add their instruction post into it - they could always edit the OP to get the title to be what they want it to be), one reviews thread, one comments thread and then whatever gameplay requesting help or offering gameplay advice threads we want/need.

----------
I get really disappointed when a new game won't run for me too . I hope CS can help you all

Edited on 07/28/2012 at 5:56:43 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 28, 12 12:13 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing access violation errors and problems getting the game to run smoothly. We have a couple help articles here with recommendations on troubleshooting steps you can take that may help:

Access Violation

and

If those recommendations aren't working, you can let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to help. Sending our Tech Support team a Dr. Felix Report will help them greatly in solving the problem as well.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jul 29, 12 4:26 AM
Hi Daisy, thank you for your comments.
Firstly i know that every computer is set up differently but i would think the developers of said game would have been puting this game together on different computers and then put it all together on other computers to test the final outcome of the game, so all in all they must have used quite a few computers.
Secondly never had this problem with other games and i've been buying from BFG for a number of years now.
Thirdly i didnt know that the first one wasnt the offical tec thread, my apologies for that, as you said there should'nt have been two tec threads, so BFG should have when puting games out make sure an official tec page is up and running at the same time and not lag behind.
And lastly just to add was that just aimed at me or was it too the other gamers that had the same issues as me, would like to know if they resolved the isses and hopefully let us know what they done to do this.
From the

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jul 29, 12 1:49 PM
Hi again Dueler

None of it was aimed at anyone as in meant to get at anyone, I'm sorry if it came over that way .

The explanation about how all comps are so different that devs could test it on many, many comps and still not cover all the possible combinations, was to anyone who was querying had the game been tested at all.

Then I addressed a section to you because it sounded (from the 'sort BFG' and hoping you'd get an answer bit) as though you thought BF could maybe sort it just from your post and I wanted to point out that (and explain/justify why) you need to give more detailed info if you want BF CS to help get it working on your specific machine. But the first steps they would consider are the ones outlined in the help pages so, personally, I'd try those before going to CS.

But yes the post was to anyone who has a problem on their comp that not everyone is getting because I'd not expect anyone to be able get a solution specific to their setup from BF CS without providing more info first.

I mentioned the help pages because I have often solved something myself following advice on the help pages and that has saved me having to go to CS, run Dr Felix etc. because the help pages do cover several different frequent causes of such tech issues.

You don't say in your reply whether you tried following the links the mods gave. If not I'd strongly suggest trying them - you'd maybe have the game running in no time at all.

Edited on 07/29/2012 at 2:02:53 PM PST

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Jul 30, 12 7:43 PM
Yep, this game is so unresponsive to the point that it is unplayable.
Nothing was happening and clicking any of the settings, it took clicking over and over again. I'll be uninstalling. I actually COULD NOT even get the game to shut, I had to use my task manager.
I'd like 10 minutes of my life back please..

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Aug 2, 12 7:11 PM
I don't get any error messages. The game just doesn't seem to load properly. No filled in word balloons or going to the battlegrounds...

Silvana85
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Silvana85 on Aug 3, 12 3:23 AM
Not working for me
I hear the first drummroll and get a black screen..
Can't play at all ... too bad..

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 5, 12 1:35 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like some of you are experiencing the game freezing on you even before you start playing.

First, please try the troubleshooting suggestions in the help article I'm linking below:

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve in to how that game is working on your particular system and can suggest more specific things for you to try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Aug 5, 12 8:49 PM
Well, this happened to me on the demo so i won't be buying the full game.

tinaw1732
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tinaw1732 on Aug 27, 12 5:23 AM
whenever i click on lower part of screen where toll bar should be game shuts down also sometimes hard to manouver screen when playing on edges of map, also danger of fits if playing to long the way it jumps around map ? go to settings skip upkeep and battle zoom speeds up game and much easier on the eyes

Edited on 08/27/2012 at 5:32:55 AM PST

tinaw1732
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tinaw1732 on Sep 7, 12 4:39 AM
where is holiday from hell i have completed all games with gold stars and still no next level, come on bfg force developers to come up with a fix or return money as game not complete, such a shame as great game

Go to: