bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Infected: The Twin Vaccine

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 28, 12 12:50 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Infected: The Twin Vaccine? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Infected: The Twin Vaccine page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Infected: The Twin Vaccine

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 28, 12 12:51 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 28, 12 12:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

I was just swimming by and wanted link to the reviews for Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition in case that may help.

Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition

Also, to see more reviews, you can also visit the game page here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 28, 12 2:20 AM
Morning, all...

I bought the CE and had a great time with this game.

I don't know where to start, because there are so many things you can change in the menu/options setting, I will have forgotten half of them.

You can change most of the settings to your specific liking:
how much sparklies you want
how quickly the hint and skip buttons should fill - both separate
which difficulty you would want to play.

There is also an option for widescreen - didn't work for me though.

There is voice-over.

There are real people and images shown in some of the cut scenes.

The iHos (interactive hidden object scenes), although terrible junk piles with dreadful graphics, are highly entertaining and fun.
Each item you find has a specific use, and goes into a separate compartment.
You can zoom into places within the HOS and use those items on objects to get other items.

Graphics on the whole are a little on the rough side (especially in the HOS) - the only downside of this game.

There are gold coins you can collect throughout the game, which you will need a little later on to buy things with. So keep your eyes peeled.

There is a Diary at the left. Inside is a Map, which shows you where you are, but can't be used to jump to different areas.

--- --- ---

I had both the Hint and Skip buttons set all the way down to Easy, and got INSTANT fills.

Despite the rough graphics and junk pile HOS, I bought the CE, because I very much enjoyed the gameplay, and had no regrets.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 28, 12 3:42 AM
I got the CE version and it's a wonderful game, probably my favorite of the year. There was a sense of urgency when you play thanks to the really intriguing story. The graphics are well done, the actors and voice actors were amazing, the puzzles were all organic and didn't take you out of the story and the whole thing was a lot of fun to play. The extras in the CE version included a behind the scenes look with the developers that showed green screen acting, real life locations modified for the game and other interesting little tidbits. Highly recommended.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 28, 12 8:12 AM
Another day, another bust no real new game.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jul 28, 12 4:33 PM
When I went around the building to see if there was a way in around back, there was a door lying on the ground that, when clicked, brought up the message "It's locked." So it's locked? So what? It's lying on the ground! If it weren't locked, it wouldn't be of any use anyway.

That is the kind of rock stupid comment that will kill a game for me right away. The door is on the ground. Is it a door from the building? If so, then there should be a doorless opening. If not, it is totally irrelevent to the game.

I felt like I was wandering around with no particular purpose, even though I'm supposed to be looking for a missing girl. SPOILERS "Let's search this van. Oops, even though it's daylight and it's parked in a type of carport, let me search a train for the keys to a tractor so I can use the headlights." And have to figure out how to get the train emblem down and all I got for that was a flashlight and a radio message playing over and over. And please, no more bee hives/hornest nests. At least most games get it right--use smoke. spray water at a hornets' nest and see how fast they get you.

I did demo this game as a CE and actually considered I might get the SE, but playing it this time made me feel like time was standing still.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 28, 12 5:49 PM
I didn't buy the CE. I waited to buy the SE and I wasn't disappointed, loved the game. The dev are looking to satisfy our craving for something new, well I think they have the right idea with this game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just needs some work.....................................this game is well worth the money.........................good luck fishies

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 29, 12 6:43 AM
There are real people and images shown in some of the cut scenes, and we love that about a game so it is a buy for us.-----------doug & lisa

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Jul 29, 12 1:33 PM
Just bought it. I had been waiting since it was a CE. I already know I liked it the first 10 minutes I played it, when my demo was over, I couldn't wait for it to come out as a SE.
My Sunday evening will be well spent.
Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by CSTYLE on Jul 29, 12 4:33 PM
I just finished the game & I really enjoyed it! At first the HOS were a tad confusing, but after the first one, I got the hang of it & it was very entertaining. I like the realistic characters & the voice overs..it was a little short but overall, this is a thumbs up for me!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 30, 12 5:43 PM
I'll have to give this one a 4.75 . A lot of fun to play and with some really interesting and enjoyable HOGS. I almost looked forward to them and there were not a lot of them, just enough to be fun. Mini games were also enjoyable. Not hard, but fun. A way a game should be. Only issues were you had to really be sure you got the inventory item on the destination really well or it kept popping back...this got a little frustrating. I adjusted for quick hint and skip button so was able to move right along. Only problem with the hint button is if you were in the right area to do something, even though you didn't have the tools to do it, it would keep pointing you there. Had to ignore that sometimes. Journal was useless, I think I looked at it once as was the map.

Unless I started to demo this game at one time, the first part of the game was so familiar I even knew where all items were and how to solve them. Odd if they started a sequal out the same way they started the original game. This game is very obviously set up for a sequal...should be interesting if it ever comes out.

Definately worth every penny even though it was not all that long...just long enough. Waiting with bated breath for the sequal.

what a great game!!!!

[Post New]by grannybiehl on Aug 1, 12 1:38 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It was a bit hard at first in the HOS, but I caught on to it
I have never played a game with (live people) in them. What a fun game. This game will be played over again. When I like a game, I will play it until I know the whole game.(I try to play them without any help). Any way you have to try this game it's a BLAST! Have fun

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Aug 2, 12 4:39 PM
I liked this game. Finding the things in the HOS scenes was difficult at times but I stuck to it. The story was frightening...to me anyways cuz that could really happen.
The music was spookyish and the characters were a real treat. I give this a .

Kittos
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Kittos on Aug 3, 12 2:59 PM
Excellent game!

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Aug 4, 12 8:34 AM
A very different game that I have played..it was fun once I got the hang of it..thanks BF

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 4, 12 10:51 AM
I started playing this game late at night and became so engrossed in the story that I did something I rarely do - I played 90% of the game, using the Hint Button the entire time (and only actually playing when I had to do so in the HOS), so that I could find out what happened. I've never had another story grip me as much as this one.

So I cheated but I knew I could not go to sleep if I didn't know what happened.

Now I hope to forget the game so that I can go back and play it properly.

Besides the plot, what I love about this game are the excellent graphics, the voice-overs (which aren't dragged out but almost sound as if they are a bit fast), and the HOS which are interactive and nothing like I have seen before, though a bit like those in "Enlightenus." Some of the objects can't be found without first finding other objects. I like that and I wish that this was the norm. I'm tired of trash pile HOS where I need to find a horseshoe, an umbrella, a belt (what is it with horseshoes, anyway?).

The player can pick the level of play using a sliding scale - not only for hints but also for skipping games. I chose the easiest. Next time I will try to play without any help at all (I've already received an awful lot of help).

I absolutely love this game and hope there is a sequel.

Edited on 08/04/2012 at 10:53:34 AM PST

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Aug 6, 12 3:13 AM
I have to agree with Jurinne, I thought this was an excellent game. The story was intriguing, the voice overs were like normal speech, and I loved the character of Carl so much I had to watch the credits twice to see who played him, and who did his voice! Great game!

as for these two comments:

"by VTCT on Jul 28, 12 8:12 AM

Another day, another bust no real new game. "

I wish VTCT would have given some kind of review as to what he/she didn't like about the game, as this is not really a review.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 12:26:33 AM PST

[Post New]by Margret_G on Aug 6, 12 4:08 AM
Great game!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 6, 12 5:46 PM
Review after finishing the SE:

I absolutely loved playing this game! Very nice graphics and wonderful voice-acting with appropriate inflection where needed. Background sounds, ie pilots, etc very well done. I like games with "real" character acting also as it makes me feel as if I am part of the game. Puzzles weren't difficult at all - which is good for me as I have a hard time with puzzles sometimes! I didn't skip any of them. The journal is nice as is the hint button - I like directional arrows if I get lost...not "nothing else to do here" or "search elsewhere". There is a fair amount of "back and forth" but not too much.

I had no technical problems at all - which is good considering I am waiting for two games I have recently bought to be "fixed" so I can finish them. I am not sure about this, but at the station I'm told I need 2 access cards but really needed only one. I may have missed something in the dialog though. I even watched all the credits at the end of them game - which I usually don't do - just to see who was so creative!

I am going to read the CE forums and see about the bonus chapter...I might just upgrade to that since I enjoyed the game so much!!

Go to: