Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Hints & Strategy on how TO KILL TOTALLY the OCTOPUS!!!

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 6, 09 7:26 AM
I almost done it, after spending 4 hours, I was able to kill (as I suppose) the Master Octopus, but it reflenish his life at a half, in short, it never dies!!!! What happened!? Please help me... I will be crazy... It happened 5x already! I am tired already... Please help....

Edited on 02/06/2009 at 7:27:33 AM PST

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

Re:Hints & Strategy on how TO KILL TOTALLY the OCTOPUS!!!

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 7:46 AM
Now, I don't know what you aren't doing, but when I beat the stupid thing the first time, I had destroyed the purple (I think) columns that are near all the mouths. There are a total of 6 (?). When you click all of them, the columns surrounding the Alien blow up. As far as I know, it can be taken out because the 6 columns are protecting it.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Feb 6, 09 11:53 AM
yeah, you have to blow the crystals up, that is mandatory. after that make sure your army is completely made up of shamans and archers (also hunters if you want to, but I tend not to build them because the sounds of the traps going off bugs me). Make sure you have all the upgrades researched to your units (*hint* you can tear down the building after you've completed the research and the bonus still stays with your troops). Also have your builders build three arrow towers just south of the monster (I've also heard lightening does well.. but I've seen the arrow towers in action and swear by them). The towers will help kill off the baby aliens so your shamans and archers can go to work on the big boss. You also need to build the temple building (cant remember the name of it right now, sorry) and keep researching the 'battle fury' spell. This helps your guys do tons of damage to the boss. Other than that, just sit back and let them do their job, and make sure you keep repairing any buildings that start smoking (and pay special attention to the ones south of the big boss - I ended up building a house right below them so I could make sure there were always two guys available at all times).

Good luck!

Edited on 02/06/2009 at 11:56:21 AM PST

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 12:56 PM
Ok, you almost make it sound easy.....but I know its not. Going back for my fourth try. uuuggggg.

Edited on 02/06/2009 at 12:56:34 PM PST

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 12:58 PM
By the third time, I just edited all my fighters, shamen, etc so they hit harder. Killed in 2 minutes.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 1:01 PM
hummmm, edited huh, shame on you cyber.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 1:05 PM
Hey, after beating it twice I wanted to see how it would be to totally dominate the game. MUHAHAHA. I wonder if I can dominate someone's eatery? What do you think Soy?

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 1:08 PM
Only if your prepared to go against a few sharks and orcas cyber.

When you first get into the comet, What do you build?. The first time I had no problem with the little rock guys, but the second and third time they destroyed everything before I even built up the tribe. I can't remember what I did to help agains their attack.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 1:10 PM
From what I know, build on the right side of the crater. The closer you get to those purple rock spires the sooner they start attacking. All I did was build a couple of huts, barracks, workshop, did all the research. It might be random when they start coming out. Hmmm, maybe I should look at the programming on the level to see the trigger.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 1:12 PM
Wondered if their was a reason for those purple rocks. I will try building away from them.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 1:16 PM
SOY, congratz on Dolphin!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 1:31 PM
Thanks again cyber,

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Feb 6, 09 4:37 PM
Just try to get those towers up as fast as possible (like I said, I go with arrow towers). I put them up in the south first since thats the closest to where my heros are wandering around. I ended up with 13 down there and had the attack flag further north where one of the rocks spawned. While I'm busy building the towers up in the south my army is fighting the one guy that pops up up north. If you put 13 arrow towers down, they almost instant kill the rock that spawns in the south (which is why I'm a fan). I think I got to about four in the south before I started building in the north. Make sure you keep repairing your buildings since those rocks drain them pretty fast.

Next thing I do is build three huts for my builders (This is only so that if they get killed they will be able to respawn, plus an extra two guys for faster building speed.) I try to build them close to center where we started the level. after that I plunk down a scout building and let them wander around, along with any required buildings that I need to get my researches. It's important to get the upgrades for the arrow tower, since they make the towers hit harder. In between building those needed buildings, repairing the towers and researching, make sure you keep building more towers in the north and south.

Like I said previously, get both the north and south towers up to 12 or 13, then you can release your attack flag and let your army all wander around without worrying about the rocks attacking anything (Although checking the towers every now and then wouldnt hurt).

Once you get to that point your next focus is going to place more towers along the cave walls and putting down shaman tents and archer buildings (with the extra towers I spread six towers out along each corner, unless they were really close to the large groups of towers, then I only put 3 or 4). Remember that you can demolish unneeded buildings once you've researched everything you need and put more tents or buildings down.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 6, 09 10:04 PM
Thanks guys!.... I already shattered all the purple obelisks or something around the Octopus coz, I already found all the corresponding purple things in diff. places. But it always the same, after, draining all life meter of the OCTOPUS, it will reflenish once again not full but at a half... I already downloaded the updated version, but it is the same... Did I miss something? The only thing that lacks me is that, I only have 90 percent of gems, and lacking of Relic of Prosperity, which I never reach because I dont know the passage to the Guardian Moon... Stillllll! I need help... Please... Help will be appreciated... Bummmmmmm!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 10:32 PM
Once you get 100% gems the Guardian Moon appears.

Some places where you might have missed some gems.

Lost Temple there are 3 chests of 7 gems each.

Worship Island you get 4 gems for pressing on each of the 3 pyramids several times.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 6, 09 10:38 PM

Thanx, Cyber... I'm enlightened... Now I have a homework: to find all those gems so that Guardian Moon will appear...

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 10:41 PM
I was just helping my wife find the last gem. I had to go into each of her level's data files and found out missing gem was on Island of Worship.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 11:00 PM
Ok, so where does it tell you the % of gems you have collected? I look on the page that shows the gems and the coins and mask....am I missing it.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 6, 09 11:01 PM
Put your mouse on the rainbow bridge. It shows you what percentage of gems you have collected.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 6, 09 11:06 PM
Thanks cyber. Knew you would have the answer for me

Ok, Starting game 2 tomorrow. beat the first finally but did bad on gems and items. Only 330 gems and 71% explored which seems strange to me. Not sure where I missed over 25%.

Go to: