bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 31, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 31, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 31, 12 12:49 AM
[Removed by Moderator] but glad its not there what a horrible game.......................I found myself clicking away. I got as far as the woman standing in the gambling parlor, can't figure out what to do tried giving necklace and putting cards on the table, nope no dice. In this game if you don't click on the obj in a certain way you can't pick it up.....................click click click tried for pencil no dice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thought maybe wrong use hint and guess what it was the pencil I was trying to pick up NO NOTHING IN THIS GAME play for yourselves but me NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBUYYYYYYYY

Edited on 07/31/2012 at 5:32:22 PM PST

Alpaca210
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Jul 31, 12 1:16 AM

Edited on 07/31/2012 at 5:36:05 PM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 31, 12 1:45 AM
Well, I can say that this a better game than the last Titanic game we saw come to Big Fish----but that's not saying much at all because they're both big-time losers.

It is simply a straight hidden object game if you are interested in that and nothing more, with a very silly story attepting to hold things together. (There are a scant few puzzles thrown in that are quite easy.)

Graphics are quite poor, the mechanics are poor, the music is repetitious, and the overall game play is horrible.

I can't imagine the number of games that the Titanic 100th anniversary will generate----of course there are a slew of books, the worldwide Titanic exhibits, the countless TV specials, the fascination in going to the wreck site, etc., etc.----but you would think that one really outstanding game would show up considering the talent that's out there. Unfortunately, this isn't it. This is one that will sell to the many, many people who will grab anything involving the Titanic, especially with the tremendous amount of renewed interest in the tragedy in this centennial year.

What these and other devs don't understand is that games like this that are just slapped together to make a quick bit of cash just diminishes the whole subject, but if a truly good game were created it would go the other way. Just ask James Cameron about that----a great movie and curiosity and interest soared, and still persists. But games like this are just bottom-feeders of the glut of material about the Titanic, and quite frankly, are an insult to the legendary ship itself, and to the countless number of people looking for something relevant, interesting, and intelligent that will satiate their prodigious appetite for all things Titanic. This game is a total failure.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 31, 12 1:56 AM
Hi there,
Whilst as a, I suppose, experienced gamer, this game does not appeal to me, it might be good for beginners.
There are lots of HOS and lots of repeat items to find so it could be a good family outing so to speak.
And the use of younger eyes might also be of great assistance to read the text in the conversations as it is very grainy to say the least.
An older style game that could have some appeal. But not the sort of game that many of us choose to buy these days.
Cheers

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 31, 12 3:44 AM
we've had some lousey games in here, but Big Fish is overdosing us on them..the norm is becoming mediocre to bad games..what a change!
This poor little game starts with a technical challange. For some reason, the developers decided that not only is small items are good, but make the whole scene small is better. I had a framed scene with tiny hidden objects that I couldn't care too wiffs about on my screen with a huge picture of the titanic filling the rest of the screen. Why isn't the HOG scene filling the whole scene? What the heck? I checked the options, I had whole sceen cheked..but it's a screen within a screen. Terrible terrible.

Once again, packing people up who have too much stuff. IT's just aweful, don't even waste your time downloading, I'm uninstalling now.
kris

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 31, 12 5:39 AM
I have to say after reading the previous reviews I was expecting some unplayable horrid game! It really isn't all that bad

You are part of a family taking a trip on a ship that somehow resembles the Titanic. You keep going back in time from your current ship to being your great grandmother on the Titanic.

To start with you are offered a choice of languages through flags. None of which are American! Although I did find it strange that there was an American flag in a HOS. ??

Oh! And don't choose the wrong flag! I did. Just to see what would happen. Ended up in German ( I think) and had to exit the game and come back to get English

Yes it is pretty much Hidden Object with almost no interaction but there are puzzles to be solved. They are overused and easy. M3 - slider - Word Search - Matching Pairs....
There are also some HOS that are a bit annoying. In some a footbal is a soccer ball and in others it actually if an American Football When asked to find flannel I was looking for a flannel shirt or material not a wash cloth

I played the demo in timed mode and never needed more time or the hint. I did try the hint and it refills very fast. Same with the skip on the mini games.

For anyone who has played Clutter: He said, She said you will recognise a majority of the hidden items from that!

This is to easy for me to play but I have a friend that would love it It also would be a good game for younger hidden object fans. Just not enough adventure and interaction for the more experienced fishies

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Jul 31, 12 6:24 AM
borrrrrrrrring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Jul 31, 12 6:25 AM

Edited on 07/31/2012 at 5:34:06 PM PST

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jul 31, 12 6:51 AM
Sure, it may have been the biggest ship of its time, and it was a tragedy when it crashed and sunk with the remainder of its crew and passengers, but, to make an HO game out of it (not once, not twice, but numerous times) is ludicrous!! Likewise, because it was an actual incident of the past, if the storyline doesn't follow the facts then it is unworthy of even being considered. Personally, I feel all HO games should be based upon fictional events, which may mirror some sort of reality, but in a nonchalant sort of way. A perfect example would be Eternal Journal: The New Atlantis. Developers, get the facts straight or go with a different story-line. Additionally, for me, factual events within the realm of Casual Games is like bringing a donkey to a horse-show!!!

Edited on 07/31/2012 at 6:52:53 AM PST

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Jul 31, 12 8:27 AM
Well, I'm going to buck the trend and say I liked this game. I'm a huge fan of straight HOGs. I've gotten to the point I don't even look at HOPAs anymore, as I really don't like games where you go back and forth trying to figure out what to do.

I liked the storyline. I'm interested enough that I bought the game to find out how it ends.

This is straight hidden object scenes with an occasional puzzle to keep things interesting. So, for fans of the Mystery P.I. series or the Escape series, try it out.

Nana

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 31, 12 9:00 AM
Like this makes the 5th Titanic game to come out this year. Again, BF, what is so great about the Titanic? This and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice games are being offered once per week. I realize this is the 100th anniversary, but really, this is just too much. No, I am not going to purchase this game even with a coupon. Why do you offer games when you know they are not going to be well received? Just asking. A real bomb. Guess no one is listening to us. Starting to look at other sites for games. The CE's are great but the SE's are horrible or retreads of CE games. Horrible!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 31, 12 11:43 AM
OMG! Full speed ahead... right into an iceberg. LOL

Sorry... no, I'm not sorry. This looks like it was slapped together by an amateur, game builder user's group.

I'm just glad it didn't long to figure out...

Oh, this is a no-buy.

lsfr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by lsfr on Jul 31, 12 9:12 PM
I agree with Nana. I also liked this game and am going to buy it. I like straight HOGs the best because they are relaxing. I don't like the ones with a lot of going back and forth or if there is alot of things to figure out what to do in one scene. If I listened to all the negative reviews about games and didn't try them, I wouldn't have as many as I do. Most of the games people don't like, I do like.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Jul 31, 12 9:38 PM
Gets a bit boring these games that relate to theTitanic.....let it rest in peace!!!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 1, 12 5:10 AM
this game is very boring,and was not developed good at all. it is a no buy for us.-----------doug & lisa

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Aug 1, 12 7:16 AM
This would a great game for my 5 year old grandaughter. She would love it. Not so much for me. Too easy and boring.

How do I get back to the flags to choose English.

[Post New]by Debauras on Aug 1, 12 11:42 PM
I'm stuck in Dutch or something and I exit and reopen game and it won't take me back to the page to choose language. How do I do it?

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Aug 2, 12 11:26 AM
I played the demo. While I enjoy HOGs, I chose not to buy this game, primarily because it was giving me eyestrain. "Widescreen mode" is technically an accurate description, because the game fills the screen ... but it does so by slapping a wide frame around the actual game. This leaves the items you're looking for too small to see easily. (And for the record, I've never had this much trouble seeing the items in the MCF games.)

Go to: