bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 1, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee technical issues here only

[Post New]by tinybubles on Aug 1, 12 11:15 AM
After day 8, it tells me to buy caramel machine. I already have caramel machine and I can't go any further because it wants me to buy caramel machine. Have to shut down to get out.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Aug 1, 12 11:40 AM
the graphics keep flickering. sometimes actual items in the shop flicker like the signs on the walls flicker on and off. the dialogue boxes flicker making them hard to read and sometimes i don't see any dialogue in them at all just a box. this may keep me from buying which is too bad because i kinda like this so far but all the flickering and graphics issues are annoying. i'm running windows xp pro and geforce 8400 GS. i'm assuming someone will tell me i have a graphics card issue but i'm all up to date on my drivers and directx and everything else and i have no problems with the hundreds of other games i've got from here.

Edited on 08/01/2012 at 11:40:21 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 1, 12 11:49 AM
tinybubles, I would recommend trying to uninstall then reinstall the game to see if that helps. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

mendolyn, flickering graphics are usually related to software programs and drivers, but since you mentioned having them all updated already, I would recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to assist you further in providing some things to try.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

mask316
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mask316 on Aug 2, 12 9:18 AM
I have purchases the game and since then I can not add new equipment. It wants me to buy the whipped cream machine and even when I try I can not with more then enough money. I then have to force close it. I have uninstalled and re-installed twice. Even downloaded a fresh install. I can play as long as I do not hit the equipment button. But because I can not upgrade it is not as much fun. Please give advice on anything else I can do, or please update with a fix.
Thank you

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 2, 12 9:32 AM
Hi mask316,

I'm sorry to this game isn't working right for you. Since you said the game freezes and makes you force close it, you might first try the suggestions about updating your video card and graphics drivers in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help get things straightened out with the equipment button, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve in to what's going on with the game and see how best to get things resolved for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Prttyysadms
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Prttyysadms on Aug 2, 12 10:41 AM
I am having the same problem that tinybubles is having. Everything was fine until I purchased the game, it keeps telling me I have to purchase things I have already purchased and then it will not let you exit the screen. I have to exit to windows and then shut down after leaving the game that way. I loved the game but am disappointed very much after purchasing. I just want to get my credit back if possible.

mask316
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mask316 on Aug 2, 12 11:12 AM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi mask316,

I'm sorry to this game isn't working right for you. Since you said the game freezes and makes you force close it, you might first try the suggestions about updating your video card and graphics drivers in this help article:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158>Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

Let me explain this a bit better. When I hit equipment button it wants me to buy the whipped cream machine. It is not in a freeze in the classic sense of a computer freeze it won't let you do anything else but buy the machine. However it won't place the machine either and now your stuck. So minimize the game right click close on the icon. Open game and it is now unstuck and you are fine to play as long as you do not hit the equipment button and try buy anything. You can hire. You can restore just not upgrades to equipment.

Right now I am testing the no time play trying to re create the error and so far nothing. Next I will try to run the time mode and instead buy all equipment in the order the game lays them out because I am thinking it might be a tutorial issue. Before I purchased what I wanted and I want to see if that created an issue since the error happens when the game is specifically asking you to purchase something specific. Drivers and such all updated.

I am a member have been for a long time. longer then I care to mention. If I can recreate it I will let the tech guys know if not I will ask for there help.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and offering help

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 2, 12 11:21 AM
Hi Prttyysadms,

Based on what you're describing, it sounds like the game is having a hard time activating as a purchased game. That can happen for a couple reasons, but you can view our troubleshooting steps for activation problems here on our help article:

Purchased Game is Still in Trial Mode

If the troubleshooting steps there aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Dominguez2000 on Aug 4, 12 10:34 AM
I am having trouble with the game. I played the free, one-hour trial and then decided to purchase the game. Since then, I can't get past the "tutorials." First I got stuck on the game wanting me to buy caramel syrup, which isn't even offered in my equipment list. I couldn't cancel out, click on close or play, or even click on "menu" to exit the game. So I control+alt+deleted, and started the game back up. Next, I am stuck with the game telling me to hire a barrista. I already have one, and I've upgraded him, and the other barristas are "locked." So I tried, once again, to click off the "help/tutorial," but could not skip past the big green arrow directing me to hire a barrista. Quite frustrating, and to use up a game credit....

[Post New]by Dominguez2000 on Aug 4, 12 11:14 AM
Still having trouble with the "time to purchase caramel syrup" equipment upgrade. I had already bought it, but the game won't let me purchase any other equipment. Just stays stuck telling me to purchase caramel syrup. This game needs an update. Very disappointed. If I don't see an update soon, I'm going to see about getting my money back (or, rather, my game credit that I wasted on this game). Was fun on the free trial though. I am going to try playing it on another PC and not purchase any upgrades until the game tells me to, and then see if I can play through. We'll see.

[Post New]by trogers on Aug 4, 12 2:35 PM
Twice now my battery has died while playing the game and both times my saved game was lost.

[Post New]by dtjordan on Aug 4, 12 7:37 PM
This game is a nice game to play, however, my only problem is while I am playing it will shut down my computer and once I restart it and go back to the game all progress is lost. I spoke with customer service or the tech department on Friday ad they did offer a coupon but there should be some type of fix that can be applied. It's very tiring and come Monday I will be talking to someone for a refund.

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on Aug 5, 12 8:16 AM
Buying a game after a trial? What I do is uninstall the trial game and then go back in and buy it from scratch. That solved a problem for me once and now I always do that.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 5, 12 12:48 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear this game isn't working right from you!

If you're having trouble with the game not saving your progress, or not working correctly at certain points, it can help to run the game in Administrator mode. This will ensure the game has all the permissions it needs to run properly and create save files. You can read about how to make that adjustment in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can work with you directly to get everything resolved. And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will help us pinpoint where it's coming from.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Miekemom on Aug 7, 12 7:24 AM
I keep getting error code 809. Im on month 3 already, everytime i get the error code, i lose all the saved file. I have to start all over again. Is there something i can do? If not, i want a refund if possible!!!!

[Post New]by mysticfoxxx on Aug 9, 12 4:01 AM
I'm having the same issue as Mendolyn. The screen flickers badly enough the game is not playable. I have to guess where things are located and at times can't even see the order from the customers.

I've made sure all of my graphics drivers and everything are up to date.
Is anyone else having this problem? Were you able to solve it? I submitted a ticket through the green envelope last Friday, but still haven't received any response

I still haven't purchased this game, but sure would like to.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 9, 12 12:38 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in with some info I hope will help!

Miekemom ~ Error 809 usually means another game is running behind the scenes. This will also sometimes happen if a game takes a while to load and the "Play" button is clicked more than once. You can read more about that error and some things you can try to get it resolved in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and see why that error keeps coming up for you. You can get in touch with them through the Contact Us page.

mysticfoxxx ~ I'm sorry you haven't heard back from Tech Support yet! I would go ahead and resend your message, just to be sure it definitely came through. I'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as they can!

If you Fishies are Big Fish Game Club members, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by greenpeeps on Aug 12, 12 2:10 PM
I'm having the same problem as some of the others when playing this game. It shuts my entire computer off. When I go back in, I have to start over. You can't save your progress if you don't know it's going to shut down now, can you?

I know, I know, contact the techs on Monday and I assume for this problem, they'll just offer a refund, but I'm hoping they come out with a fix since there are so few TM games offered that are even worth playing now, and it's all the "spooky" HOGS. Sad when we get one and can't even play it.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 12, 12 3:34 PM
Hi greenpeeps,

It looks like you're already going to contact our Customer Support team, but in the meantime you may be able to run the game or the Game Manager as administrator. I've found this can help when a game is crashing or not saving:

Game Not Saving
Run Game as Administrator

If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do each. I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Go to: