Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 1 August 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Aug 1, 12 3:23 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD 1 August 2012

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Aug 1, 12 6:07 AM
Just tried the demo. The game is quite different from the junk we got offered off late although it was released in 2010. I'm of to buy!

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Aug 1, 12 6:25 AM
didn't think I would like it at first but was hooked after 30 minutes!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 1, 12 6:59 AM
For anyone who is put off by the nancy drew in the title, it's nothing like the other type of ND games, such a different type of gameplay.

It's lighter, more fun, bit easier, replayability is great as depending on who you accuse you get a different ending. There is also a score at the end (which you can ignore if you want) but you can try and get a good score.

It's fun, different and I think a must buy or at least a try! I love love the two dossier nancy drew games.

Edited on 08/01/2012 at 7:00:58 AM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Aug 1, 12 7:01 AM
Proven concept of finding clues in a scene and matching them up in pairs, mixed with minigames. Great for those who think the adventure games too complicated and too much running around.

Warning: The phone minigame can be frustrating. Personally I found the God statues more tiring.

Unfortunately it's also the final game in the series, since Personal Pronoun Interactive canceled it. Apparently not too many were interested. Buy it anyway, it's a great game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 1, 12 7:46 AM
Unfortunately it's also the final game in the series, since Personal Pronoun Interactive canceled it.
In the middle of developing the third, I gather.

Edited on 08/01/2012 at 7:47:19 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Aug 1, 12 8:04 AM
i bought nancy drew this morning ( today`s DD ) just gone to play it and it just flashes on and off on my screen any ideas anyone ??? much appreciated

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 1, 12 8:53 AM
The first Nancy Drew Dossier game has a timed scene (remember the crows?) and I was never able to finish the game. Is there a timed scene in today's game? Because if there is, no buy for me.

DutchJames
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by DutchJames on Aug 1, 12 12:07 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Unfortunately it's also the final game in the series, since Personal Pronoun Interactive canceled it.
In the middle of developing the third, I gather.

The game developer has shelved the project and has no immediate plans to work on the third game in the series. All hope may not be entirely lost, but it does not look good.

DutchJames
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by DutchJames on Aug 1, 12 12:10 PM
Euskalduna wrote:The first Nancy Drew Dossier game has a timed scene (remember the crows?) and I was never able to finish the game. Is there a timed scene in today's game? Because if there is, no buy for me.

There are various bomb defusing mini games throughout the games, that are timed. They get harder as you go along.

There is also the challenge of manning the phones. If you lose too many calls, you will have to start it again. It is very frantic to a lot of people.

Edited on 08/01/2012 at 12:10:55 PM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Aug 1, 12 12:50 PM
I too LOVE the two Dossier games (SO much easier than the other ND games). After buying these two I contacted the developer directly and was told that they had indeed given up the idea of a third game as sales were so disappointing. I mentioned that they should have marketed them differently - I only tried either one after reading of them here on the forums. Prior to that I hadn't even considered them as I just find the ND games too frustrating. Such a shame that they aren't going forward with it, as these are two really nice, fun little games.

By all means if you have not yet tried this, give it a whirl. It's a steal at 2.99!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Aug 1, 12 3:15 PM
Not my cup of tea. Too much talking and I hate the multiple choice dialogue. Also dislike any sort of timer. I play games for fun, not to be stressed out by trying to beat a clock. Gave the demo a fair shot but the game is just too boring for me.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 1, 12 5:26 PM
DutchJames wrote:
Euskalduna wrote:The first Nancy Drew Dossier game has a timed scene (remember the crows?) and I was never able to finish the game. Is there a timed scene in today's game? Because if there is, no buy for me.

There are various bomb defusing mini games throughout the games, that are timed. They get harder as you go along.

There is also the challenge of manning the phones. If you lose too many calls, you will have to start it again. It is very frantic to a lot of people.

Did I miss something here because during the demo, I defused 2 bombs and I never saw a timer on either one of the scenarios. The thing that I HATE about this game is its refusal to save what tasks you've completed (DESPITE FINISHING THE CHAPTERS) although this game WILL recognize the fact that the profile name that you're RE-INPUTTING is one that said game already has but will NOT allow you to use again WITHOUT overriding the work you've already completed. Of course, if you input ANOTHER profile name, you're STILL FORCED to start the game over again so you're screwed either way.

Being such a long game, I don't know if it's possible to even complete this game in one sitting and personally, even at the DD price, consider this a waste of money.

MEnr56

Edited on 08/01/2012 at 5:28:26 PM PST

[Post New]by chris122049 on Aug 1, 12 7:38 PM
Darn! Am I right in assuming that there is a snake in the garden? I have a phobia and this looked like a game where I didn't have to worry about snakes popping up.

There's one in the garden, right? Darn............

ausbill
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by ausbill on Aug 1, 12 8:43 PM
i was pleasantly surprised when i got this game yesterday.i only got it to fill in a bit of time waiting for tonights ce. what a great game.the puzzles are new and thought provoking. when i started i thought i wont be able to do this but i got involved very quickly. well done bfg.i will still get the ce, [ i always do]i am glad i got this game.i hope we get some more of them.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 1, 12 11:36 PM
I like the game and bought it. It's fun and different.

Go to: