can u help me pls

[Post New]by suemal on Aug 1, 12 7:06 AM
i was messing trying things in the houses n i made 3 people homeless now i cant get em back in !!!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:can u help me pls

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 1, 12 7:29 AM
Heya suemal,

I'm sorry to hear that some of your people are homeless!

To be able to add them to the house again you have to try and connect the rooms with each other. You will notice that whenever a room is connected correctly it will have a bed and other belongings in it.

On the left side inside the house you have a list of the rooms you have and also the possibility to purchase additional rooms.

I hope this help!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by suemal on Aug 12, 12 4:55 PM
no am sorry it doesnt. also mainland sent master of all n cant house him or get him to work on town hall think i will have to delete this game, really dont want to!!!!!!!!!!

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Aug 14, 12 3:19 PM
What Biwa said should work. Are you sure you have all the rooms you have bought in place and there are beds showing in all the rooms?

For the master do you need to buy more rooms or build another house?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 16, 12 6:07 PM
I thought I was out of rooms too when a new guy popped on the scene. I talked about this on another thread, but I held him up while I got resources to build another house, the Forest one. Later I was out of them again and my mistake was I had failed to click the med house to see empty spaces there. I could have bought more rooms for that rather than starting the Forest home. Later I happened to click the first small house and somehow rooms got rearranged so that the doors weren't lined up. Oh well, got those rearranged, and room count went up again, and again finishing the med house. Had I checked back I wouldn't have had to build the third at that point.

I think maybe the game is programmed to not send a colonist without you having room enough, so back up and make sure your houses are in order with the max rooms AND the doorways match up not leaving one room brown.

btw I find my colonies play much easier with just 20 or less people. It is onlly if you want all gold medals you must take all 50 max people. This requires all houses including Lake and Mansion on the cliff. On my 7th game replay I went ahead and built all the houses with just 20 people, only so when I got to the end I could bring them over fast 4 at a time, give them a job we didn't need til I got 50 and gold for max pop. If not interested in the various challenges you can skip them and still get to the end puzzle. I also skip that, not good at those kind, worse than sliders. After that, you can still go back and continue playing as long as you choose, build what youskipped before but not for gold.

[Post New]by MCelia on Aug 17, 12 3:46 PM
You just have to keep trying to arrang the rooms so that the doors line up. Have you tried to buy the medium house? It's on the scond page of buildings. Y have to arrow over.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: The Plight of the Homeless in the Promised Land

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 19, 12 2:26 PM
The game is NOT programmed to avoid sending colonists without you having room enough.

If you commit to one or more when the ship sails, they come on the return voyage, even if you haven't been able to build a room for them yet.

If you finish a task whose award includes a new colonist, they appear.

There is, however, no actual harm caused. The homeless just stand around hanging their heads--and eventually eating--until and unless you provide for them. I've never caught one talking to cheer themselves up (perhaps they're too depressed for that?), but they do eat w/o prompting from you.

Go to: