Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Message to the devs

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 2, 12 9:28 AM
I am really pleased with this game and, recognising your name from the splash screen, I went to see what other games I must own by you.

I knew I'd seen your name recently on something really good & I was going to comment in the review thread about how it's great to see devs who still concentrate on download TM or Strategy games when so many are turning away to social gaming and/or mobile platforms instead (for example, my favourite dev of all, the Cake Mania creators, were bought out by a social gaming/mobile platforms company ).

So I'm sure you can imagine how my delight at seeing a sequel to this game already showing on your upcoming games list, turned to huge disappointment when I saw that it's to be a social game .

If you are planning to try to keep a foot in both markets, then fair enough but, in that case, I suggest that if you make a similar game for the social gaming area, that you shouldn't name it as if it is a sequel to a (hopefully!) popular download game. If you must keep the Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee name on it, to make it part of a franchise, then perhaps you could at least call it something that implies a spin off from the download series rather than a direct sequel to this one. (Wouldn't social gamers also be confused to receive a sequel game when they hadn't seen the original?).

To others who feel the same way: I hope you will not let this post put you off buying this game because my intent in posting this is to point out to the devs how I feel about this, in the hope that they will consider making a downloadable sequel. I believe that refusing to buy this one in protest at those plans for the sequel would actually shoot that intention in the foot because surely the best chance of the devs seeing a benefit to making a downloadable sequel would come from good sales of this one.

I'll still be buying this one (& keeping fingers crossed for a downloadable sequel eventually).

Re:Message to the devs

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Aug 2, 12 6:12 PM
Agreed.

I have no interest in social gaming and am sad to see TM games going in that direction.

Or worse, release a TM game the way the new Emily game is being released by that other company.

[Post New]by FishForever on Aug 2, 12 6:49 PM
I also loved this game and i totally agree with you! I looked up on their website and noticed that they're the developers behind hit games like Rescue Frenzy, Spooky Mall, Toy Defense, Virtual Farm and Farm Frenzy! And in the coming-soon section, they already putting up Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee 2! So happy

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 2, 12 7:25 PM
I would like to say that this is the best TM game I have played in a very long time - and the more I play it, the more I like it. I will be very disappointed if the sequel is not offered as a downloadable game.

Edited on 08/02/2012 at 7:27:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Game_addict_01 on Aug 3, 12 2:12 AM
Agreed.

I noticed straight away that the graphics were similar to Spooky Mall and so couldn't wait to start playing. The one thing I would ask the Devs is to please please please add is some form of highscore table so I can compare my times(or money earned) the next time I play the game.

DutchJames
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by DutchJames on Aug 3, 12 6:25 AM
Persistent_Cat wrote:Agreed.

I have no interest in social gaming and am sad to see TM games going in that direction.

Or worse, release a TM game the way the new Emily game is being released by that other company.

Agreed, social gaming is something that a lot of people will be interested in, but to me that doesn't mean developers should turn their back on loyal PC players (like the developer of the Diner Dash series did).

I also agree on the serial format for the new Emily game. I hate having to wait for another Friday to be able to play two more levels and a bonus level. I wish they would just release the full game and offer players a chance on how they want to play it. Not sure the entire is actually finished either, since they have recently started a fourth beta.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 4, 12 10:49 AM
I agree on the new Emily format - ends up being very expensive to play the whole series (although I haven't tried it out yet - are the episodes longer than the other versions?).

[Post New]by WaveBreaker on Nov 18, 12 2:43 PM
I also agree and wish to add my name to the list.

PC Games are the majority played in this household. Please continue to support us too.

Milo13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Milo13 on Dec 20, 13 3:07 AM
I've been having issues with this game on and off. I've learned it's best to uninstall then reinstall the game until you can proceed with the game.

Thanks for the addictive game play. Some suggestions:

- Have the decor be changeable to each players' taste rather than just to proceed to the next level. There's some lower level decor I prefer to the ones I eventually have to change it to in order to advance.

- A trash can would be helpful. The holding table does not allow scrolling (although its appearance would suggest otherwise), thus one is unable to choose what to throw out or keep.

- Holding more than one type of order, such as coffees, pastries, coffees, would give much more freedom and range in game play strategy.

- Having the baristas and waiters gain experiences over time would be refreshing, like being able to hold more than one object at time, becoming quicker/smarter with combos

- The moveable screen is a distraction because it mostly happens inadvertently and causes other areas to be inaccessible.

- The toppings are a little too close ,and when you're clicking fast it's easy to click the wrong object.

Go to: