bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 3, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kunfusa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession technical issues here only

[Post New]by kunfusa on Aug 3, 12 8:28 AM
I bought the game. It was going very well until I went into the second part of the game. The witch. Got into the house sawed the door and the game went blank. I uninstalled and reinstalled. the same thing again. I turned off my firewall also. So now what do I do. Does anyone have the answer. My computer is also compatiable with the program.Will all these gliches be fixed?
Thank You

[Post New]by 2005ridout on Aug 3, 12 11:05 AM
The same thing is happening to me but I get error message "game terminated 0x0059E4F1 tried to read 0x0A591184" might as well be gibberish for all I understand! Help anyone please.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 3, 12 12:09 PM
Hi 2005ridout and kunfusa,

I'm sorry to hear those problems are occurring. Those types of issues may have similar causes, so I recommend taking a look at our help article that has some troubleshooting steps you can try here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If updating your software programs and drivers isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know what you're experiencing so they can assist you further.

I hope that helps and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by momof62010 on Aug 3, 12 8:27 PM
my gamewas doing fine until i got to putting the snake to sleep ive turned and turned the knob on the radio and it wont go to sleep

[Post New]by wanderer_722 on Aug 3, 12 8:28 PM
When I first start the game it says "corrupt file, cannot be read" Then it will play for awhile, then it says its been terminated and go off. It has done this on the last 4 or 5 games I've tried to play. Anyone else getting this?

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Aug 3, 12 11:58 PM
Likewise. Part way through the trial my screen went blank and it did very strange things to my computer. I was enjoying it and thought I may buy it but I certainly wont buy till glitches fixed. Such a shame.

[Post New]by KaitK2889 on Aug 4, 12 9:34 AM
I also cannot put the snake to sleep, I placed the radio and the station and no matter how many times I turn the knob music won't play and it won't go to sleep

netking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by netking on Aug 4, 12 11:12 AM
I cannot find the picture of Mario. I clicked on the photo in the garage but the only photo went into the notebook and I don't have any photo to put into the frame on the wall.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 4, 12 11:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing corrupt file errors or notice items missing, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know. Telling them what you've tried already is a huge help for them to suggest things to try next. Including a Dr. Felix Report is also hugely helpful in figuring out solutions to problems in the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 4, 12 11:42 AM
Game was doing fine, then when i had 15 minutes left of free playing it kicked me back to the beginning of the game. without the name I picked. I dont feel like playing the game from the beginning.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 4, 12 11:53 AM
Hi lauder,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. If you want to give the game another try, you can first ensure that the game has the correct permissions to save your game data. We have a help article here that covers some steps you can try for games that aren't saving your progress:

Game Not Saving

If that isn't working, you can let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Aug 4, 12 1:36 PM
I had many of these issues, but kept exiting the game and then going back, and managed to carry on. Not an ideal situation, but apart from that, I did enjoy this game.

[Post New]by sheilawalshe on Aug 6, 12 1:11 PM
I have had a couple of problems with this game. Mouse in box, game almost unresponsive and took ages to put the cheese in the box. Then got blue screen. Tried again and got as far as snake, when game again became unresponsive. After 5 minutes of edging radio onto carpet, I managed then to get code onto radio. Blue screen again. This is what I got when I rebooted: "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 6153

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8000339C848
BCP3: FFFFF8800691E8A8
BCP4: FFFFF8800691E110
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080612-24351-01.dmp
C:\Users\Sheila's new Acer\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48719-0.sysdata.xml

[Post New]by cammi40 on Aug 7, 12 12:23 AM
I had the Mario photo problem !!!!!! i went out and re-tried under a different name but the photo just goes to the notebook not my inventory WHY ?????? I paid money for this game as after the hour free trial i thought it looked really gd but i now don,t know because i can,t go any further !!!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 7, 12 5:00 AM
Hi cammi40 and sheilawalshe,

Considering the issues you both have experienced with this game, I feel the best thing would be to get in touch with our our Tech Support team so they can provide some dedicated support to you both.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, we would then be able to provide advice right away.

Best of luck to you both,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/07/2012 at 5:00:40 AM PST

[Post New]by salembob on Aug 7, 12 6:12 AM
Everything has worked fine untill I got the photo of mario and it went into my notebook not the inventory. you can't proceed without it. Please help or refund my money

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 7, 12 2:19 PM
salembob wrote:Everything has worked fine untill I got the photo of mario and it went into my notebook not the inventory. you can't proceed without it. Please help or refund my money
Wrong photo - the photo you need is in the car behind the sun visor.

cruet42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cruet42 on Aug 7, 12 10:23 PM
I can't get past the snake issue. Evidently if you don't follow the walkthrough and get the mouse first before you even pay attention to the snake, you are sunk. Can't get the mouse, the rug, the plant, etc. because I went to the person first. Do I have to start over again?

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Aug 9, 12 6:14 AM
does anyone but me have curser and jerky game performance when playing Elephant games? Usually I have very view problems with most games but almost always to some degree , I find I have problems with theses games. Just wondering if anyone could help me figure out how I can fix these problems? I bought a new grafic card and have checked for updates to drivers. I love their games and hate having to fight with my computer to play but I do because I like them so much! Any help would be so appreciated.

Go to: