bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 3, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 3, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 3, 12 2:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

I was just taking a dip here to link to the reviews for Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession Collector's Edition in case that may help.

Reviews for Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession Collector's Edition

Also, to see more reviews, you can also visit the game page here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 3, 12 8:24 AM
love this game, we bought the CE and it is a great game. this game is for all HOS lovers. once you play, you are hooked--------------DA

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Aug 4, 12 5:34 PM
I assume I finished the game today.
**POSSIBLE SPOILER**

There was the end cut scene and then my screen went blank and took me to the menu screen. I wasn't sure what had happened so I clicked PLAY and was told thank you for playing our game. Say What????

If this was the ending, then it is a sad state of affairs when you have no idea your game is over.

The graphics were good. The cut scenes were good. I do not run flash player and this game played flawlessly on my game machine.

The puzzles were somewhat simplistic but enjoyable. It was nice to finish each section within that section and not have to go back and forth within many screens.

But again, I must question the ending of the game. Did I miss something? If you are going to continue on within another game, it would be nice to have a heads up to that effect. This abrupt ending was a true disappointment.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Aug 4, 12 6:02 PM
Breezeie66 wrote:I assume I finished the game today.
**POSSIBLE SPOILER**

There was the end cut scene and then my screen went blank and took me to the menu screen. I wasn't sure what had happened so I clicked PLAY and was told thank you for playing our game. Say What????

If this was the ending, then it is a sad state of affairs when you have no idea your game is over.

Hear hear Breezie. This just happened to me, and I was very disappointed! Great game up until then.

[Post New]by pynettle on Aug 4, 12 9:03 PM
I agree with tha other 2 reviews i read. I did not no what was happening. I did not know i was at the end of the game. Was really enjoying it till then

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Aug 4, 12 9:47 PM
Same here, I really enjoyed this game, it was quite different w/a lot of seek and find and interesting twists on the HOS................and then the ending..........not nice from a developer I used to like. Grim Facade:Venice was much better

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Aug 5, 12 1:30 AM
bellissimo gioco.....ho giocato tutto di un fiato.....molto intrigante e ,nello stesso momento ,anche semplice....bellissimo tutto la storia,la grafica, questa serie è molto bella......speriamo anche in un prossimo....

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Aug 5, 12 7:17 AM
After completing the demo, which I didn't run into any technical issues with, I read other reviews regarding the ending and the technical issues others were encountering and decided I didn't want to take a chance purchasing this game.

Didn't find it all that "gripping" in the demo...not enough to take a chance on a bad ending (I hate those no ending endings) and all the other technical issues players are encounting. Hope the developers are reading these and rework this game.

patyaris
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by patyaris on Aug 5, 12 8:34 AM
I agree with the other fishies , this game has a rubbish ending, is it because we didnt buy the collectors edition? and this is a great game from great devs, what a disappointment.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Aug 5, 12 10:06 AM
Great game! Graphics are above average, music appropriate, puzzles interesting; BUT................as with you other fishies, I just sat here saying "WHAT!!!" when it got to the end. I know there will be another game coming that will pick up where this one left off, but the game could have said something when it kicked me back to menu screen like "to be continued" or something. Wow, talk about abrupt no-ending. I did have one time of game freezing but when I went out and back in, it played just fine.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Aug 5, 12 11:54 AM
I was wanting to buy the SE today, especially since it it a bonus punch weekend. However, after reading about the ending in the SE, and how the bonus chapter in the CE was needed to have a proper ending.

ERS, this is quite disappointing from such an accomplished developer. If this is going to be a trend with your games, you have lost this gamer as a fan.

Now, off to buy a game from another developer.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Aug 5, 12 1:45 PM
I hate it when a game leaves me hanging. Everything I was going to say that can be printed has been said by the others.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 6, 12 11:39 AM
ER yes .....what happened ??? game over. I have played many ERS games and loved them , as usual the gameplay was good , puzzles good , graphics good, and story line good until it fell apart by that abrupt ending , I guess I wait for sequel !!!!!, Which I would purchase as I really enjoyed playing this game until I was cut off !!!!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 7, 12 3:07 AM
I always ENJOY a HOG + Puzzle game. Its easy and slightly challenging at the same time. Good graphics, sinister story line, great game.

4.5/5

* If u have a free stamp go BUY it!

Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on Aug 7, 12 1:43 PM
As all the others here I loved the game until the final cut-scene - the maid did what?? and why?? and then blank! At least a little explanation is in order here - a voice-over - something....

I thought the game had frozen me out - but then I came here and found that it was just a really LOUSY ending to a pretty good game.

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Aug 7, 12 9:12 PM
What??? The maid did it instead of the butler? Why??
Had I known how bad the ending was, with no explanation and no reason (as well as no hint), I would have saved my money. This is a really bad game. I also didn't like the idea that the fans were only in the hidden objects. This game seems to be hurried through development.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Aug 8, 12 12:51 AM
I must say I did exactly the same thing Breezie did, clicked play to see if I had been thrown out due to a technical glitch. If you're going to have a sudden ending, at least give us time to read or see the things leading up to that ending. I had no idea what had happened, just that the maid was the villian all along. Very dissapointed in the ending.

LizFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by LizFish on Aug 8, 12 10:15 AM
The same thing happened to me. But I played a CE version, and the story continued in the bonus play as if nothing had happened!! I didn't "suffer" but i really think it's an impudent way to end the SE game.
Unless of course it is a mistake from the developers ERS. Perhaps it is. I normally respect ERS very much.

Go to: