Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

SE vs. CE?

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 3, 12 1:50 AM
Does anyone know if the bonus gameplay in the CE version makes it worth the higher CE price? Does it add to the storyline? How long is it? Is it available to play at the end of the game, or is it incorporated into the body of the game like the bonus play for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice was?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

Re:SE vs. CE?

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Aug 3, 12 2:43 AM
G'day!

Have you read the reviews & comments of the CE? A couple of people mentioned that the main game ends abruptly & the bonus game clarifies the plot. I bought the CE due to those reviews & while the bonus game is ERS length, it does give the story a 'proper' ending.

BTW the bonus game is available to play after you've finished the main game.

Hope this helps

K

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 3, 12 2:55 AM
Hi there,
if you weren't sufficiently impressed with this game when it was released as a CE, then play the SE. You will have a free WT after all if you need it.
That said, if you have enjoyed yourself and feel that you would like to upgrade to the CE version, do so and contact CS about your upgrade and they will organise a reimbursement for the SE version (PC Credit with no expiry date I believe).
Of course you will have to DL and start over again as they are treated as two different games here.
The decision is yours.
Cheers

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 3, 12 1:10 PM
I thought the end of the main game in the CE was very confusing. I'm not sure that a whole lot was explained by the bonus, but at least it was a bit easier to understand. So, I would recommend the CE if you are trying to choose. It was not my favorite game...bonus or no bonus.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Aug 4, 12 10:54 AM
Couldn't wait for the SE to come out. I nearly always buy CE's but right now I cannot due to financial constraints. It ended so abruptly that I have to say I cannot wait for things to change so I can "Trade it in" for the CE and get a credit back for this SE because I think it would be worth it and after reading what everyone else is saying I would have purchased the CE if I had the money right now. As it is I'm buying games on gift credits sweet fishies gave me.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Aug 4, 12 9:43 PM
I enjoyed the game except for the abrupt ending. I don't want to play the whole game over again just to get to the "bonus" game. What a ripoff, I am very dissatisfied BFG

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 4, 12 9:53 PM
The only real difference is that by the end of the regular game you know who did it. In the CE you actually apprehend the person. It doesn't really explain everything in the bonus and in some ways makes it more confusing. Also being an ERS game the bonus was short.

hive83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by hive83 on Aug 12, 12 11:14 AM
JUST BECAUSE YOU BUY THE SE YOU DON'T GET AN ENDING. FIX IT AND I WILL BUY IT.

Go to: