sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Level 14

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Aug 4, 12 5:02 PM
What am I missing. It says "build market with 90 customers". I achieved all the other goals but it still says I need 81 customers. Everything is maxed to 3 stars.

stchrissie
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Level 14

[Post New]by stchrissie on Aug 4, 12 5:06 PM
You probably used low capacity high rent houses.

Typically the houses with the highest rent have the fewest inhabitants meaning you don't get much income from your commercial premises. You need to build townhouses to up the population.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Aug 4, 12 5:31 PM
Thanks. I didn't look at it that way.

katiewatts
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by katiewatts on Aug 4, 12 5:33 PM
I am stuck on this level too!!! It's really getting on my nerves.....I have tried so many times! I've even had about 6 Nice Townhouses & I still can't get the customers up?!?!?!

stchrissie
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stchrissie on Aug 4, 12 5:36 PM
katiewatts wrote:I am stuck on this level too!!! It's really getting on my nerves.....I have tried so many times! I've even had about 6 Nice Townhouses & I still can't get the customers up?!?!?!

Maybe it's a bug then? Are you sure you are building a market and not a grocery store?

katiewatts
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by katiewatts on Aug 4, 12 7:17 PM
Yes I managed to do it in the end...just need to get expert now.

s2_design
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by s2_design on Aug 4, 12 9:26 PM
Same problem here. I surrounded the market with apt bldg's but, and my overall population is high, but the market never gets the population it needs. On top of that the Yeti gets increasingly aggressive. I can't get through the level at all

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 5, 12 6:10 AM
Same here.

I have a population of 91, upgraded the market to full, even tried buying more. added parking lots the works and i still only have 11 people shopping.

I know we are in a recession but this is ridiculous.

Also, the walkthrough says I need a whole army of upgrades, but there are no snowglobes to be found ( I have 2)

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 5, 12 6:22 AM
Yep tried some things differently.

Firstly I managed to get the required 5 snowglobes, but only by coming in and out of game 14.

I bought the ski resort but the walkthrough says I also need the Airport, Museum of Archeology, Concert Hall, Movie Studio, Bridge, Stadium, and Hotel. all of which are still locked

I got my population up to 155 and my shoppers up to 65. I tried increasing the beauty and I think that helped a little.

Completely baffled on how to get the upgrades needed when they are not available, unless you have to play on first,

But I HATE moving on unless I have got gold in all my TM games.

Advice will be appreciated.

[Post New]by jetsetter76 on Aug 5, 12 9:21 AM
The trick is to make sure you bulldoze all available lots. There are two premium lots at the top right of the screen; build two estates on those and then build a crap load of nice town homes and parking lots. This will get your population up enough to fulfill the market task. Also, upgrade everything!

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Aug 5, 12 2:23 PM
I cannot get Gold on this level and it's starting to drive me insane. There's just not enough time to build everything that I need!

Does anyone have any tips before I throw my computer out of the window in frustration?

Thanks,

Nicolle

stchrissie
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stchrissie on Aug 5, 12 2:43 PM
nicrox wrote:I cannot get Gold on this level and it's starting to drive me insane. There's just not enough time to build everything that I need!

Does anyone have any tips before I throw my computer out of the window in frustration?

Thanks,

Nicolle

Waiting at the start for a good bonus goal to come up is my top tip.

That part of the game is untimed so it can be a bit tedious but it helps a lot.

[Post New]by searcy68 on Aug 5, 12 2:59 PM
I can tell you how I got Gold but I am not sure if everyone can do it so forgive me if it doesn't help.

I waited at the beginning and happened to get the "reward" of "Build an Estate with 2 stars to get $100,000" I built it on the premium lot already available and upgraded it two times to get the money in time.

Then I demolished everything next to the townhouses that already existed and put the market as far up towards to the top as I could. In the mean time, I got rid of the snow. I built nice townhouses all around the market including up at the top where the curved road is.
In between I had to build an office and upgrade it several times - and I think a diner). I repaired the estate already there and built another estate down at the bottom where the bicycle racks are. Upgrading all three estates 3 times.

The key, I think is to build the market first - before you build around or buy the townhouses next to it because I had zero occupants whenever I built townhouses or bought anything else nearby first.

Hope something in there helps.

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Aug 5, 12 3:56 PM
I would never have thought to wait for a good bonus! That's genius, thanks. Will go and try that now and see if it works.

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Aug 5, 12 4:34 PM
I did it! I used your tips and managed it first time.

Thank you!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 6, 12 1:00 AM
Thank you so much Searcy. It worked after a few tries !!!!

I am a bit peeved with the walk through though.

Now for level 15 with a clear conscience

[Post New]by defloweredrose on Aug 11, 12 11:32 AM
If you start by building the estates and just a grocery store in the beginning you need to demolish the grocery store once you build the market then all the customers will be using the market.

[Post New]by punkinthekid on Aug 18, 12 10:41 AM
What are snowglobes and how do you get them? This post is the first I've heard of them.

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on Aug 23, 12 7:44 AM
ugh thanks for the tip about demolishing the grocery store - I couldn't figure out why my market attendance fluctuated so much! Got this gold no problem with that in mind!

[Post New]by Arieannah on Nov 28, 12 12:38 PM
Thanx, thanx and more thanx for the tip about having lots of townhouses!!! I was about ready to ask for a refund on this game after trying to get thru this level so many times. Got up to a population of 127, but couldn't get the Market pop up past 37 ... ugh .. so frustrating!! Especially with the Yeti getting more & more aggressive!
Tried one last time after reading the forum tips .. put in mega townhouses & demolished the grocery store after building the Market .. another great tip, btw! Yup, yup, yuppers .. it worked .. so tyvm!!

Go to: