Playing fairway solitaire on two devices (iPhone and iPad)

[Post New]by Jadrax on Aug 5, 12 9:56 PM
I recently bought Fairway Solitaire and its a fabulous game. Great job

I started playing on my iPhone but recently bought an iPad and wanted to play the game on it. I installed the iPhone version on the ipad and connected using my game center account. It detects my profile correctly but when I load the game on the iPad it starts me back at level 1. Is there a way to transfer my save games on this new device or even better sync the game between my two devices to play on either one. If I need to play only on one device I would prefer to use it on my iPad.

Let me know and by the way you can use technical language

Let me know

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Playing fairway solitaire on two devices (iPhone and iPad)

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 7, 12 2:53 AM
Hi Jadrax,

Welcome to the Pond!

I am glad to see that you are enjoying Fairway Solitaire, it's one of my favourites too!

You can save your Fairway progress in the Game Centre however, the progress is not transferable between devices I'm afraid so you would need to start over using the iPhone version.

I am sorry about this, it is a great suggestion to be able to do this and so I will be sure to pass this on to our developement team.

In the meantime, you might want to check out our new service
Big Fish Unlimited
which saves your progress in a way that is accessible on many platforms!

Finally as this is a game specfic tech query, I will pop this over to the Fairway Forum and lock it up to keep things tidy but I hope this information is helpful!

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Jadrax on Aug 11, 12 11:25 AM
Thanks for the answer. Since save games cannot be ported from one device to the other is there a way I could transfer my purchase to the iPad version and just start over ? I really prefer playing this game on the iPad not the iPhone. It has not been a month since I purchased so I would like to know if I could get refund for the iphone version and apply it to the ipad version.

Thanks.

[Post New]by Jadrax on Aug 15, 12 5:00 AM
An answer would be appreciated

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 16, 12 5:14 AM
Hi Jadrax,

I'm so sorry for the wait!

I just checked with our crack Mobile Team and they have something we can try!

Apparently, you can try to install that iPhone purchase on the iPad, it may be possible to play that version on the iPad. It may not work, as a rule it doesn't but it is worth a shot!

You may need to make some adjustments to how the game displays at first but as I understand it, it has been known to work for some players - particularly with Fairway!

If you give that a try and it doesn't work, you would have to contact Apple to see if there is a possibility of them swapping those two games out as I'm afraid we have no control over purchases in the iStore.

I hope this helps and I have my fins crossed that this will work for you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by MimsyFromMars on May 6, 13 7:40 AM
Hello,

I wanted to ask a similar question but don't think a new thread is needed.

So far I've been playing the free version of the game on my iPhone 4. Today I bought the paid version and installed it. I was thinking that since it's a game, part of Game Center, then it will transfer my progress immediately from the free to the paid version (the device is the same, just the version is changed). It didn't though. I haven't deleted the free version - it's still on my phone together with the paid one.

So my question is: is there a way to transfer my progress from the free to the paid version (I worked hard for 900+ stars and 400+ trophies so I really don't wanna start all over again)?

[Post New]by AngelAmidala on May 9, 14 6:34 AM
I had an additional question...

Though I would be sad if I had to start over again to gain stars/trophies, it is not the worst thing in the world. What I am concerned about is the gold clubs I have purchased with physical money. Is there a way to transfer that? I currently am playing Fairway Solitaire on an iPhone but will be upgrading to another phone within the next few weeks and was curious about the paid with U.S. dollars part of the game.

Thanks so much!

Go to: