shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for The World's Legends: Kashchey the Immortal

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 7, 12 12:36 AM
Hello fellow gamers! I am hoping for some positive reviews on this one Will check back later and compare notes.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Comments for The World's Legends: Kashchey the Immortal

[Post New]by tishythree on Aug 7, 12 12:47 AM
would love to be able to say its a wonderfull game but it seems to be another flawed offering it seems that all you can do is the same scene over and over its been a lean week and i was really looking foreward to having a new game

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 7, 12 12:52 AM
Hello Tishy! This is bad news. I bought it from another site two months ago under the name "DeathMan" and it was glitchy then. It appears that in two + months the devs have managed to make it worse and not better. It's too bad... I was hoping to finish playing it sometime this year. LOL I definitely think these developers who made this game better beef up their quality control.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 7, 12 12:58 AM
I am laughing SOOOOOOO hard at this one.

It started off promising. Voice over, telling an intriguing folklore story. OK graphics, I was so looking forward to it.

Then i started playing LOLOLOL.

I don't count this as a spoiler at all. but it does contain the first 3 actions.

Pick up sack, open curtain, pick up 1 of 5 keys needed. Open cupboard play hog get crowbar.

Pick up sack, open curtain, pick up 1 of 5 keys needed. Open cupboard play hog get crowbar.

Pick up sack, open curtain, pick up 1 of 5 keys needed. Open cupboard play hog get crowbar. The hogs are identical each time.

use five keys to open casket.

etc. go back to casket and get locked out of game.

re enter game, open door play puzzle dads gone get gloves, end up in bedroom. Pick up sack, open curtain, pick up 1 of 5 keys needed. Open cupboard play hog get crowbar.

open door play puzzle dads gone get gloves, end up in bedroom. Pick up sack, open curtain, pick up 1 of 5 keys needed. Open cupboard play hog get crowbar.

open door play puzzle dads gone get gloves, end up in bedroom. Pick up sack, open curtain, pick up 1 of 5 keys needed. Open cupboard play hog get crowbar.

I have 8 crowbars and sacks, more gloves than hands, this game is LOLOLOL.

(But not very good)

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 7, 12 1:05 AM
Maybe this game should have been renamed "Groundhog Day for Kashchey the Immortal".

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Aug 7, 12 1:10 AM
These responses tell me all I need to know!! lol!! On the downside, this means I have to mow the lawn, instead.

Thanks fishies!

Have a great day, everyone

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Aug 7, 12 1:17 AM
je_peche wrote:These responses tell me all I need to know!! lol!! On the downside, this means I have to mow the lawn, instead.

Thanks fishies!

Have a great day, everyone

he he, yep you said it all je peche, happy lawn mowing!
I was downloading and even that kept stopping for no apparent reason, after reading all this i deleted it and have decided to wait until its fixed.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Aug 7, 12 1:17 AM
Hi all, when you're in the room where the czar was, hold mouse to left side and the arrow changes allowing you to go left. Once you do, you give the key to guards which lets you go outside. From there you have the stable on left, armory in front/top of screen and to forest at bottom of screen. I played this when it was Deathman before and so far, they have ironed out all the kinks. It does repeat HO scenes but you get different items each time. Make sure to move the mouse around to find all the question marks, magnifying glasses, etc. If all fails and you don't know where to go, use the hint button and it will change to arrows showing where you should go.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Aug 7, 12 1:18 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Maybe this game should have been renamed "Groundhog Day for Kashchey the Immortal".

lol DLO! its changed its name once i believe, so i vote for your choice for the next one!! lol

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Aug 7, 12 1:24 AM
This game should shame BFG,what about your good reputation? sorry to offend anyone but did anyone beta test this game?

The name of it should be Glitches Galore!
Oh my gosh, I had all the same issues as the people who have already written we just keep doing the same things after we collect a item it is as if we never did it!

I just wasted 1 hour of my life thinking it will get better but it does not. Shame,shame,Shame on you BigFish for not making sure this game works without major glitches.

The graphics are beautifully done, the hidden object screens well done, the story line is interesting. I was disappointed the voice overs are only at the beginning but I could have overlooked that part and still bought it except for the major glitches in the game.
I spoke to the Father he disappeared and returned only to repeat the same dialogue as if I NEVER had spoken to him. If you clicked on the chest in the bedroom it made you do the same hidden object as if you never had done it in the first place,and this goes for all the puzzles all the hidden object screens.

I suggest the game is pulled and fixed this game has so many glitches it even crashed my computer when the first time I gave the key to the guards to go outside. CRASH !

I may buy it in a DD after it is fixed but far too angry with wasting a hour of my life trying to relieve stress and only getting more stressed out.

I give BFG credit they do have beautiful collector games that have seldom give me glitches so at least they use beta for those games. I seriously warn people before you buy try the demo game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 7, 12 1:29 AM
Lilac13 wrote:Hi all, when you're in the room where the czar was, hold mouse to left side and the arrow changes allowing you to go left. Once you do, you give the key to guards which lets you go outside. From there you have the stable on left, armory in front/top of screen and to forest at bottom of screen. I played this when it was Deathman before and so far, they have ironed out all the kinks. It does repeat HO scenes but you get different items each time. Make sure to move the mouse around to find all the question marks, magnifying glasses, etc. If all fails and you don't know where to go, use the hint button and it will change to arrows showing where you should go.

Thankyou for this information Lilac13. I hope you have also posted this elsewhere so others can take advantage of this advice.
Maybe there is hope yet.
Cheers

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Aug 7, 12 1:30 AM
Lilac13 wrote:Hi all, when you're in the room where the czar was, hold mouse to left side and the arrow changes allowing you to go left. Once you do, you give the key to guards which lets you go outside. From there you have the stable on left, armory in front/top of screen and to forest at bottom of screen. I played this when it was Deathman before and so far, they have ironed out all the kinks. It does repeat HO scenes but you get different items each time. Make sure to move the mouse around to find all the question marks, magnifying glasses, etc. If all fails and you don't know where to go, use the hint button and it will change to arrows showing where you should go.

No I do not get different objects after the hidden object screen I had at least 5 crowbars and 8 gloves! This game is Glitches Galore and I did find the armory and the stable and the stump who wants a toll to pass into the forest. Moving around is not the problem it is doing tasks and than the game acts like you never did them and keeps demanding you repeat the same thing. What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. I did that for 1 wasted hour of my life.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 7, 12 1:33 AM
Wow, was looking forward to spending time today inside with a new game but I've got so many crowbars I'm gonna spend it outdoors breakin' stuff.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 7, 12 1:49 AM
Good graphics and I like the story, but the controls are delayed, which makes it too much on the slow side. Could turn out to be rather long just because of that. I didn't have the multiple items problem and was going along quite well when it suddenly crashed with an Access Violation. It's not a HOG, but a HOPA, though it is chock full of HOGs, way too many. After I had to cad it, GM didn't show that I had played any time at all, still 60 mins and I had played for almost the full hour.

Not really sure what to do with it. I'll try un/re and see what happens.

I decided to press play again before the above and it opened up just fine so I finished the demo and bought it. Been playing for about another hour now with no problems at all. In fact, the lagging has stopped as well now and it plays perfectly. The hint button is super fast and very helpful outside the HOGs, always pointing out what I've missed or showing me which direction to take. Music is a little oppressive, but I've turned it down.

It sure it strange how I experienced none of the problems that so many others did. Cannot understand that at all. For me, it has to glitches whatsoever, apart from that one crash, which could have been anything really, but obviously wasn't the game's fault since it never happened again.

I'm enjoying it. It's interesting and colourful and although there are multiple HOGs, they're interactive and it's a really good game.

Very weird indeed. Anyone would think we were playing different games.

Edited on 08/07/2012 at 3:54:44 AM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Aug 7, 12 2:24 AM
Youch! Started the d/l and when I came to the forum and saw more "technical difficulty" posts than reviews I bailed on that. Looked like a fun premise (Baba Yaga in the screenshots!), but I'm giving this one a pass.

[Post New]by amnesiachild on Aug 7, 12 2:35 AM
I have the horse in the stable saddled, the map and pass have been handed to the tree spirit guy after giving it the bag of money, now I am looking for weapons. I have not had the multiple clone hidden objects, but the game has frozen several times. I used the keyboard Escape key and reopened the game and went on playing.
Try clicking on the bottom of the closet in the bedroom. Then the top center drawer of the bureau. In the throne room there is a cabinet behind the small chair which will have a puzzle. If you can find these things and continue you may leave the clone HOS behind. I never saw the Tsar again after he left. I went to the cabinet and played the puzzle where the game froze (system cursor showed up) and I pressed the Escape key. The one that almost never does anything but it did in this game.
Using the hint button pointed the bureau to me but as it never did anything I did not try again until as a last resort. Then the top drawer opened to a HOS and I went on from there. Things do not open until you need them so keep clicking on things when you get stuck. In the HOS you will need to combine 2 pieces to get one object but either one can be picked up to combine to the other when you press them together. I downloaded the game at around 12:30am on BigFish.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Aug 7, 12 2:37 AM
I haven´t had any problems at all.
But it was irritating with the long loading times.
The positive: the hint button refilled quickly and told you where to go.
No misclick penalty.
My trial was over when I was going out to save my mother and I had 9 minutes left.
No buy.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 7, 12 2:40 AM
LadyLark wrote:Youch! Started the d/l and when I came to the forum and saw more "technical difficulty" posts than reviews I bailed on that. Looked like a fun premise (Baba Yaga in the screenshots!), but I'm giving this one a pass.

LadyLark, I have given up with this game, but bfgBaikal says they will post on the forums when a fix is found. It really seems a great little game after the bugs have been sorted.

Edited on 08/07/2012 at 2:41:38 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 7, 12 2:49 AM
I bought this game months ago and than it did not working very well. I wrote the devs when the fix comes. I heard nothing from them. They did't not fix the game.
Shame!

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Aug 7, 12 3:14 AM
Game worked perfectly for me. I found it relaxing and easy to play.

Probably would buy it with a free coupon.

Go to: