Pink block with mouse pointer

[Post New]by prabs99 on Feb 6, 09 7:10 PM
I installed this game on my computer and I get a pink block along with the mouse pointer. I am running WinXP SP3. I am not sure what is wrong. It does not happen with anyother game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re:Pink block with mouse pointer

[Post New]by okietig on May 14, 09 1:19 PM
You know I was having the same problem. I like to play the game but its real aggravating when ya got that pink box in the way. Im not sure what the problem is either. Im using vista and still have the problem. I uninstalled it because I wasnt sure how to remedy it. so if anyone ever finds a solution id love to know too so i can play it again.

fruttipie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fruttipie on Jun 20, 09 7:14 PM
UMMMMM EXUSE ME???

lifelines34
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lifelines34 on Jul 6, 09 2:20 AM
I have the same problem as well & I downloaded it from another site. It's really annoying.

[Post New]by jmitch47111 on Aug 18, 09 12:17 PM
I used RealDrawPRO5 to fix the problem. There is a folder called "assets" in the SpongeBob Diner Dash 2 folder in the Program Files. Using RealDrawPRO5's "File" tab open up the cursors (they are PNG files), click on them when they appear in the RealDraw window, click on the "Bitmap" tab, then click on "Adjust", then "Hue and Saturation". When this window appears click "OK" then save the corrected image.

pootsy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pootsy on May 29, 10 10:48 AM
Have the same problem. Annoying to try to play this game. More annoying that I paid for this game. Didn't happen in the trial version for some reason.

dago57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dago57 on Jun 10, 10 5:32 PM
THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME IT IS SOOOO ANNOYING!!!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 21, 10 9:56 AM
Same for me & then the cook never showed up. Guess this is an old enough game that nobody cares to fix the glitches in it.

pootsy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pootsy on Jan 9, 11 5:08 AM
I have had success with two different solutions.

1. Locate the game on your hard drive. You will find a folder called 'assets'. Within that folder is another called 'cursor'. Inside the 'cursor' folder is the .png files that control the cursors. Delete them. When you next play the game, it will simply use your standard Windows cursor. Easy and no more pink box.

If you like the animated cursor then ....

2. Locate the game and the folder called 'cursor' as above and once again delete the files. Now here's the tricky bit. I have a number of Diner Dash games. I found that Diner Dash 2 and Flo on the Go both have the same 'cursor' folder and those .png files will work. If you have one of these games, locate it on your hard drive and simply Copy and Paste the .png files to Spongebob 'cursor' folder and you will have animated cursors without that annoying pink box.

Don't panic if you have deleted the files and you want them back for some reason. You will find them in your Recycle Bin and from there they can be restored.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on May 29, 11 2:57 PM
This worked for me! Thanks very much.

[Post New]by Ninelivescats on Feb 25, 12 12:44 PM
Pootsy, thank you! I also have Flo on the Go and copied the cursors over to the Spongebob and no more pink box. Really appreciate this very easy fix.

[Post New]by simslover045 on Jun 3, 12 4:00 AM
I did what you said and now my game is fine, thank you very much!!

[Post New]by Firebaby1967 on Dec 20, 13 9:46 PM
Yes it works! Thanks!

Go to: