bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available today! 14th August 2012

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 8, 12 2:25 AM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! We now have a new PC version of The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal that fixes the following:

• Duplicate items and scenes that hindered progression

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If your game is still giving you problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 4:16:03 PM PST

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New Version of The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Available today! 8th August

[Post New]by prchalpn on Aug 8, 12 4:32 AM
Thank you bfgBaikal!!
DL"ing now. I hope they fixed it.

ETA: Well so far it plays great. No more problems with duplicates and repeat HOS. I ran out of time on the demo, so I've went ahead and bought it. Hope It stays bug free.

Edited on 08/08/2012 at 6:14:04 AM PST

Emmail
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New Version of The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Available today! 8th August

[Post New]by Emmail on Aug 8, 12 5:12 AM
I just installed the game about 20 minutes ago - it stinks. I can't get out of the first room. If this is the new version, there is a definite problem.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 8, 12 5:22 AM
Yesterday was fine for me to play. But I am afraid that when I now buy the game there are problems.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Aug 8, 12 5:30 AM
I do hope the update fixes the issue completely. I managed to replay past the first problems by keep going into bedroom. I got to the wizards house and played quite a while then the game crashed and, 'surprise, surprise', when I restarted it all kicked off again....groundhog day all over. It is completely unplayable now.
By following advice from BF I checked the ' Run as Administrator'. Guess what? same as last time I followed this advice the game wouldn't open. My genius computer veteran Hubby said 'right click Deathman.exe and check 'play as administrator''.
That worked. Trouble is, every time you leave the game you have to go through this rigmarol to open the game.
OK, so windows Vista is pretty rubbish and permissions info way too complex to understand but I must have 100s of games from BF which don't have a problem.
Bottom Line...I'll reinstall and if it still doesn't work Shame, no bomb emoticon.

Apart from too many HOS this looked a good game and was really enjoying it.

Edited on 08/08/2012 at 5:33:24 AM PST

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 8, 12 6:01 AM
I did the same thing Elirana so I could get the game to play right but what a pain every time you want to play. Hope the new version put out today fixes all the problems and thanks big fish for getting on this so quickly!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 8, 12 6:15 AM
I only installed the game today, when there was an updated version.

It plays fine, except that twice so far in the demo the custom cursor got stuck and a system cursor appeared. Once in a HOS and once when I was doing the map puzzle.

Although when I exited the game via Task Manager and went back in to the game, I had no problems the second time when I came back to the HOS, I won't be bothering doing the same now with the puzzle.

It looks like there are still some glitches where the cursor tends to freeze and shows the system cursor as well, so I won't continue with the game.

This is quite an interesting game, but I keep playing in anticipation that the cursor will once again freeze at some point, so I decided to give this one a miss.

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Aug 8, 12 7:24 AM
Yay, it worked! Thanks so much

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 8, 12 7:50 AM
Since I used over 40 minutes of demo time trying to get
around the loop-de-loops, the time remaining on the
update, isn't enough. so I will have to look for a demo
on another site to see if I want the game.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Aug 8, 12 10:25 AM
Same here/ too bad bfg didn't give us regular trial time on the updated version. I don't like downloading from an unknown site.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Aug 8, 12 2:21 PM
Yes Cathy. Was a real pain but started again for the 3rd time and just finished.
Valdy, it froze 4 times with the fix. It was a runtime error. I task managered out first time and found the error window and it exited clicking the OK so just went to desk top
and hit error window after that.
It was annoying as the cursor was sluggish and I think that was the problem but the windows cursor didn't have the hand or other action cursors.
It was a pretty good game except for the interminable HOS. I think the Devs must be pretty new as I noticed a lot of things which point to inexperience. One item per HOS and back numerous times for single items. Got a bit boring.
On reinstalling, my save games were there but with all the probs accumulated so had to start yet again. Not much in the way of puzzles. There is free games but they are HOS and I sure had enough of those.
Off to continue todays TGT.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 14, 12 4:14 PM
We have a new PC version of The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal up and ready for you now. This update:

• Allows players to create multiple profiles of the same name
• Fixes game crashing when player exits while obtaining a hidden object item
• Fixes freezing that can occur in the first hidden object scene
• Allows players to press F10 during hidden object scenes to reveal hidden objects

To get the newest version you'll just need to uninstall and reinstall the game. For help with uninstalling and reinstalling check out this help article here:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling

If you still have trouble after the update, just get in touch with our Customer Support team for help. One of our reps will be happy to help!

Happy gaming!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 4:16:25 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available today! 14th August 2012

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 16, 12 12:35 PM
Sadly, my saved game from the other version still won't play in this new update, so I guess I have to start over. But I did like the game, especially the puzzles, so it's not a complete tragedy. However, this time I'm backing up my saved game before getting too close to the end!

Update: I did finally finish the game (after starting over). I still had a few errors where the game locked up and I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to the Task Manager to kill the game, but the game picked up where it locked up, so it's all good. For the developers info, the errors were always right when I triggered a cutscene.

Edited on 08/25/2012 at 9:09:18 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 22, 12 4:38 PM
September 22...Downloaded trial today, and game is STILL UNPLAYABLE .

Guess the fix didn't work for this game, such a shame because I might have purchased this one, IF you could play it, but not the case.
In all of the years I've been a BF game club member, I have never came across a game that runs so badly, between the sticky mouse, and lag time with every move made, I mean so S-L-O-W, that it is just impossible to play this one.

That makes 2 games today, that I just had to give up on and delete, this one and the Good and Evil, M3 game, had to CTRL+ALT+DEL as soon as that one opened, to get out of the game, because it was also in S-L-O-W motion.

Oh well, better luck tomorrow I guess .

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Oct 25, 12 9:21 AM
This is what I wrote in heading 'stuck in cabin'

I have just finished the game and had one glitch. In the cabin the screen went black. Had to escape using Control,Alt,Del. so therefore it rebooted. This time instead of going back to the game via Game Manager I used the computer. It worked!! Don't know whether it would have done via the GM. but as I have tried this before and had it work, I did it this time. Curser a bit sticky in places but at least no more glitches...

Try it it might help.....

Go to: