bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 8, 12 2:56 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by fabes on Aug 8, 12 1:11 PM
I want my money back i bought game when used the saw on door got access violation, uninstalled reinstalled still violation on saw tried uninstalling again same problem then followed instruction for access violation problems did everything still didnt work did idt again nothing,finally gave up untill i saw that apparently the issues were solved with the game program so reinstalled it and now the game wont even open, so i uninstalled and reinstalled still the game wont even open up, so what ever i did to fix game first of all wont allow me to open it now.I far as im concerned this game program sucks and it has screwed me out of my money. Why are games allowed to be put out if all the bugs arent fixed, is it just to get money out of us. One pissed off and unhappy customer. By the way my computer is totally up to date so that is not an issue. So why wont game even open up? Still super pissed off for spending money on a collector edition and it failing because of program failures.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 8, 12 1:39 PM
Hi fabes,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening after installing the latest update. In regards to troubleshooting the game, you can contact our Tech Support team with a Dr. Felix Report if you'd like. They'll be able to help further to see why that's happening, and if they're unable to get the game working, we can certainly replace it for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hopefully we can get the game running for you.

bfgSeine

[Post New]by hershey75 on Aug 8, 12 6:17 PM
I want my money back too having the same trouble nothing works

what a piece of **** game that wont work BLAH

[Post New]by Islandphish on Aug 8, 12 7:23 PM
Despite the other posts since you put out the fix, I wanted to say thank you for fixing the problem of the entry to the library in the judge's house. Once the repair came through, I was able to continue - although I haven't yet gone right the way through the game, so might again post any other problem. For the time being, though, I am having a great time with this game, which is now living up to the ERS standards we are all used to. Again, thanks.

liamboy007
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by liamboy007 on Aug 9, 12 10:46 AM
well I"ve done all I'm capable of doing. Got on live chat but can't keep up with all I need to do to fix it. Already installed the update. Didn't fix it.. Wasn't wanting refund . I wanted to finish the game!

laura
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by laura on Aug 9, 12 10:52 AM
same here, stuck with the trunk in clocke room was loving this game

laura
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by laura on Aug 9, 12 10:53 AM
has anyone created a new profile? wonder will still have same problem?

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Aug 9, 12 12:00 PM
laura wrote:has anyone created a new profile? wonder will still have same problem?

Hi Laura,

I created a new profile before the update, and it still stopped at the judge's library. After the update, I got right in the room. Depending on your computer system and how current your drivers are, as long as you have installed the update, it should work without having to create a new profile.

It's a great game and the bonus chapter is as long as the other chapters in the game. It's well worth the cost and the patience.

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Aug 9, 12 12:02 PM
laura wrote:has anyone created a new profile? wonder will still have same problem?

Hi Laura,

I created a new profile before the update, and it still stopped at the judge's library. After the update, I got right in the room. Depending on your computer system and how current your drivers are, as long as you have installed the update, it should work without having to create a new profile.

It's a great game and the bonus chapter is as long as the other chapters in the game. It's well worth the cost and the patience.

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Aug 9, 12 2:47 PM
I installed the new version of the game today. It worked until I got to the ship...then it began to freeze up. The developer obviously needs to go back to the drawing board and get these problems resolved.

[Post New]by hershey75 on Aug 9, 12 5:53 PM
I uninstalled then reninstalled today with the new verision tried to play from old profile still same problem asscess violation code so I deleted my profile and started all over again this time the game loaded so lets see how far i get last time it stopped in the 2nd portal with the man in the swamp was able to get to the judges house and such thats when things quit so I,m hoping it keeps going this time

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Aug 9, 12 9:00 PM
I'm having issues too. I installed the fix before I even started playing the game. So whatever the fix is for, it doesn't work for the rest of it.

I got the "blue screen of death" access violation and my computer wanted to go into safe mode. I told it to reboot and it took forever to recover everything. I was in the second phase of the game; I had already acquired the first stone and was nearly to the end of the second part for the next stone. It was after I received the tower key when my computer froze then dumped me out of everything. The game has been intermittently freezing up but recovering, but after it crashed, I lost my profile because it was "corrupt". I had to create another profile and I didn't get far at all before the game just froze, and then it took me forever to get my curser to respond so I could exit the game.

I'm VERY disappointed in this game's performance. The bugs need to be worked out before a game is sold. I loved playing the game before all this happened. I really would like to finish the game, but at this point, I cannot even play it period. Please have the developers fix these bugs. I'm not happy as alot of others are not either.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 10, 12 4:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing issues with the game following the update, I would first like to say how sorry I am to hear that. I really do appreciate how frustrating this must be for you all.

I would encourage trying the suggestion that firekat7 offered, if of course, you don't mind beginning the game afresh.

Unfortuantely, the advice we can provide via the Forums is very limited and hence for further troubleshooting the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Support Team so that they can provide advice specific to your system or offer an alternative to you.

Hoping this information is helpful and wishing you all the best of luck.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by NancySusan on Aug 10, 12 6:11 AM
After uninstalling and reinstalling and not creating a new profile, I was able finally to get into the judge's library and beyond that point, but I haven't encountered the ship yet, so I will have to see how it goes. So far the gameplay is a bit slow, some scenes load fairly slowly, but I have been able to play. If I encounter any other freezes I'll post about it.

I just got back to the game after a long break and now that I'm at the ship, i.e., the third part of the game, everything is beyond sluggish, can barely get anything to happen. So it appears virtually unplayable. Very long lags to do anything. I gave up on it and exited.

Edited on 08/31/2012 at 6:03:36 AM PST

[Post New]by rdhowell71 on Aug 11, 12 1:52 AM
You know I really don't want to sound like I am ungrateful or being hateful but it seems like Big Fish has one of two standard responses. Either update all of your drivers, files, etc or either delete your profile. I am sorry but when I have updated everything as far as I can go, deleting my profile is not an option. I mean I am way into the game and Big Fish expects me to start back at the beginning. Sorry but I don't think so. Why can't someone just say there is a possible bug in the software. Come on people it happens. Computer code is written by Humans. We can and always will make a mistake somewhere. It's a fact of life. Or it's just the fact there are so many different configurations of computers and operating systems there really is no way to tell if a game will act properly or not.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Aug 11, 12 7:55 AM
Or it's just the fact there are so many different configurations of computers and operating systems there really is no way to tell if a game will act properly or not.

Bingo. Lately, most of the games I have tried have had some type of bug or glitch that has prevented me from playing them. There are a few exceptions, but far more that are unplayable for one reason or another.

I mentioned in another thread that BFG needs to expand their beta testing program. I signed up for it, but haven't been offered a beta test in over a year. And in my 4 years as a "fishie", I have only beta'd three games.

In addition to that, the reports that beta testers relay should actually be read by the devs. There was a game offered not long ago with a serious glitch in the display (full screen mode did not work). In the technical problems thread, more than one beta tester stated that this was pointed out in their reports but never addressed. It was eventually corrected, but not until the game was offered up here and people were complaining about it.

With all of the different currently supported operating systems, graphics cards, installed memory and other programs/hardware configurations etc., it makes sense that some might encounter problems where others wouldn't, but having a comprehensive beta testing program allowing open communication between the beta testers and game developers might catch and correct these things before the games are issued for general release.

After reading about all of the problems people are encountering with this particular game, even though I encountered no problems during the trial, I won't be purchasing it. In the past, I may have been able to get away with an offering that caused problems for others, but as of late, if more than a few people report an issue, it's almost a guarantee my computer will experience it as well.

Edited on 08/11/2012 at 7:57:38 AM PST

[Post New]by cccgina1 on Aug 12, 12 6:18 PM
This game has a HUGE bug. I did three of the 'scenes' if you want to call it, I had three soul stones. I somehow got lost in the graveyard after the third scene. I clicked on the guy in the boat and he told me I needed two more stones. I walked around the graveyard some more, looking for my next place to go and ended up back where the guy with the boat is.

I clicked on him again thinking he might give me some advice. He said, you still need one more stone. I was like, what the heck? So I clicked him again to see what would happend and he said, you have found all five stones, I'll take you across now. And took me across the river and the game was over!

So now my only option I guess is to start from scratch if I want to finish the game!

I thought it was a neat game and this was the only problem I encountered.

[Post New]by freyja44 on Aug 19, 12 11:21 AM
I just purchased this game yesterday and the problems as listed above with it. I assume the update is in the game since it is after Aug. 12. It's terrible when you have to restart a game all over again.
I find this has been happening a lot lately with Big Fish Games, many of them very sluggish or not playing properly. Too many games being produced (collector's editions) almost every day. Big Fish needs to get after the developers to start doing a proper job or they will start losing business. For heaven's sake DEVELOPERS, start taking the time and produce a good game that actually works!!

As of now, I will not continue to play this game.

[Post New]by Pagan22 on Aug 19, 12 12:02 PM
I'm with the others here. This is the third game in fewer than 6 months that I've bought with a glitch that renders it unplayable. The first one of those was over a year old and the forums were FULL of complaints! I made it through to the "Dead Lake" or whatever, finished that story, the gem dropped on the ground and then disappeared. Now I'm stuck and can't finish the game.

Come on, BF! I thought you were better than anyone else! Why are you putting out games with glitches in them? You have a Beta team, but you can't possibly be using them. If you're using your customer base as the Beta testers, you need to at least give us the games for free!

I shouldn't have to add "Check Tech folder in the forum" to reading the reviews and playing the demo to decide if I want to buy a game.

Go to: