Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Comments for Farm Girl at the Nile

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 8, 12 4:10 AM
I played it and expect to be buying it once I have figured where the rest of this months punches will be coming from - which means waiting to see if enough games that I want come out this month to complete a card. I have one punch already, don't want to end up wasting more than that.

The gameplay mechanic is not quite the same as usual so I suggest paying more attention than usual to the tutorials (which are thorough). I didn't and, as a result, didn't get as far as I would have liked during my demo.

So, to try to help others get further during the demo than I did, I have posted even more gameplay detail than usual in my (forum) review.

I'll be interested to hear from others how the game progresses further on.

ETA I see the one star review on the game page compares it to Farm Mania, but IMO it's not trying to be that kind of game.

Edited on 08/08/2012 at 4:32:44 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Comments for Farm Girl at the Nile

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 8, 12 11:24 AM
Hop on your tractor and grab your pitchfork it's Cleopatra meets little house on the prairie This is another one that you shouldn't let the simple cute graphics fool you this one is another challenger but very fun. I've played the demo and was really taken by surprise once more. The layout is your basic farm layout in the top left corner you see the seeds that need to be planted, below that you'll see your camel which will take your goods to be sold and also go and get supplies that you need to purchase, in the middle you have your store house, and to the right of that will be your goal for the day. Again with this one there is no little farmer character running around. When you are ready to plant something there will be a red circle outlining where you can plant and you can only plant seven things at a time on the field, once you plant then you water and then harvest your product. In the demo I had to purchase two buildings a paper factory and typewriter factory and these were two factory's that I've never seen before in a farming game. There are two modes of play easy and normal. There is a tutorial which will show you the basics of the games there are three levels of the tutorial and then your on your own. The clock runs very quick and isn't that generous for you to get the gold but you can always go back and replay the day if you want to. Your shop has several types of buildings and other things you can buy and there are some levels that will require you to have a certain type of building etc. before you can advance to the next level. The graphics are really cute and colorful all in all this is a very nice little farming game and a solid time management game.This is a new developer to me I've never seen anything else from them and they did an excellent job with this one so congratulations on a job well done and keep up the good work. I've already bought the game and look forward to playing the rest of it. Give it a try it's at least worth the demo. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for another great game.

Chiefcook
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Chiefcook on Aug 8, 12 2:43 PM
I found this game hard - one second my plants were fine but then I couldn't water them so they kept dieing so I am sorry but I deleted it after 10 minutes.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 9, 12 5:29 AM
Hi Gmac Seems we have the same taste in games but I guess we had already figured that out . I'm looking forward to playing more too - I'm wondering if I'll end up giving in and not waiting for this one too, same as I did with some other recent games .

Chiefcook - it sounds as though you skipped the same bit of the tutorial as I did (at first). I saw explanation that clicking on the watering can symbol waters the plants and clicked to continue without reading the rest of that popup (which tells about the well).

It's quite simple once you know - your can gets empty after every so many waterings and you to have to refill at the well (which costs 20 coins).

The easy way to spot if your can is already empty before planting is to glance at the well.... if you still have some water, there will be a watering can sitting next to the well. When you've run out, that disappears.

If I see that this can has disappeared from beside the well, I always refill before planting anything else. That way I can't accidentally plant something that I can't afford to water yet.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Aug 9, 12 5:59 AM
Only real complaint I have is that there should be a number showing above the well so you know how much is left as it won't let you refil unless its empty and hovering takes way too much precious time

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 9, 12 6:06 AM
Hi EPF I agree that it would be useful to see at a glance how much water left in the watering can.

I was finding that really awkward too until I realised that I could at least see at a glance when it was completely empty (without having to mouse anywhere near the well).

Before that I was only finding out by trying to water something only to have no water.

ETA Thanks for the spoilers btw . I don't want to read them yet, but once I buy and start getting golds myself I will enjoy finding out if you got better times by different methods .

Edited on 08/09/2012 at 6:12:38 AM PST

aggy5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by aggy5 on Aug 13, 12 10:24 AM
I feel like a dummy, but I can't understand how the shop works. I went up to $1200 on the growing and selling side, but when I went to the shop I only had $32 and
couldn't buy anything I needed. And I also must have missed the relaxed and easy
mode choice. Please help.

Go to: