[Post New]by cleoladycat on Aug 10, 12 12:13 AM
Any comments fishes?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Todays DD 10 August 2012

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 10, 12 8:29 AM
This is really the 3rd part of one game, which is why I recommend playing the first two in the trilogy to fully appreciate it, get into the plot. But it does give you sort of a recap so it's not vital.

The main plot in the triolgy is you play as a man who has lost his memory and is trying to get back to his wife and child. In the first part/game he wakes up in a jungle and has no clue how he got there. The second seperate game follows immediately from the first and he finds himself in an office. Here in this game, it's set in the past. I loved the plot aspect of it and the end was satisfying.

You aren't going to get the whole experience just playing this game but for a DD it's a good deal if you have played the others, or at least the first part.

Edited on 08/10/2012 at 8:30:46 AM PST

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 10, 12 8:42 AM
I cannot imagine having the third game in a series as a DD because the only ones who reallly benefit are the people who have played the first two. Nobody is going to purchase the first two games and play them in one day to get up to speed on the story, and how well can they boil it down to "the story so far..."? Maybe a lot of people will go for it, but I wouldn't spend money on a DD for a second sequel when I never played the first two games. It seems a very odd choice for a DD. The second game in a series I could understand, but not the third.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Aug 10, 12 8:50 AM
I checked with my list of games and saw that I haven't gotten around to playing the first two, which I have, and I don't have the third one to finish it up. Which is why I never played it through I bet, cause I wouldn't remember it if I played the first two and then later played the third one. So for me, it's a buy, and now I can play it through start to finish. So for me, this is a buy. Thanks BFG!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Aug 10, 12 12:49 PM
I really enjoy these games although as most have said, they are mighty short! Like an adventure game for those who don't care for the Large File Adventures. This one does have a few HOS and I don't remember the others having them, maybe I forgot

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Aug 10, 12 12:59 PM
crowtrobot wrote:I cannot imagine having the third game in a series as a DD because the only ones who reallly benefit are the people who have played the first two. Nobody is going to purchase the first two games and play them in one day to get up to speed on the story, and how well can they boil it down to "the story so far..."? Maybe a lot of people will go for it, but I wouldn't spend money on a DD for a second sequel when I never played the first two games. It seems a very odd choice for a DD. The second game in a series I could understand, but not the third.

The Fall Trilogy (original) was DD on 10 Jan 2010 and the second game in the series was DD on 31 Aug 2011 so they have released them as DD's in the correct order.

I remember demoing the first one and couldn't play it because of the 360 movement. I cannot recall there being the option to turn it off. Maybe I missed it.

I didn't demo the 2nd one because I thought it was the same gameplay.

I've just demo'd the 3rd one and whilst I did enjoy what I played, I got to almost the end of chapter 3 which means this game is going to be very short for me so it's a no buy.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 10, 12 2:24 PM
It opens up with the nausea inducing ( ) 360 automatically, you have to go into menu options to change it to point and click.

As Julie Jay said they have all been DDs but I don't know many who would wait and buy one at a time, they would be very patient.

It is very short, if I did it today I'm sure it would be under 3hrs, I was quite slow when I played it.

The hidden object scenes are in all of them but it's a different type, not list but find 20 'x' type.

Re puzzles you have an option to make them easier (I wish all devs would do this as then it will please everyone - those who love hard puzzles and those who like easy ones!) you can skip them even in harder mode.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 10, 12 3:35 PM
My notes on this series shows me I didn't buy the first one
because it was finding tiny pieces. (Probably an early
frog, a type I don't care for.)

Didn't buy the second one because while there were no
tiny pieces, just didn't care for the game. (Could be
because I didn't finish first one.)

Didn't buy this one when I hit the HO where you looked
for 20 pieces of charcoal in a cellar, plus had a jumpy
cursor.

For those who enjoy them, I'm happy for you, but not for me.

Go to: