COMMENTS

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

COMMENTS

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 10, 12 12:39 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this. I don't like the look of anything about it.

I hope I'm wrong and it will be another lesson in not judging a book by it's cover.

It just looks off.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:COMMENTS

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 10, 12 1:12 AM
I played the beta of "stolen beauty", and this game beta too.

I think the graphics here are better, and the plot is more interesting. It doesn't mean that I won't grab the "beauty" when it will be posted - I will! But I think Heritage is done with the same high quality tools, and it worth a try...

...And I hate the phrase "same old, same old" - each game has it's new aspects, with old and new format. I feel the "same old" as in my twenties, but I have "new look" in my old age... I am the "same old" person, but have many new approaches to life...

Happy gaming

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 10, 12 1:38 AM
My bad feeling was completely off. The Absent Minded Professor has struck again because I now remember I beta'd this game a few months back and really liked it.

It's wide screen and the graphics are good. There are a lot of HOGs which are not interactive, but they're quite easy. There's nothing much to say about the story and the witch is rather feeble, but the controls play smooth as silk and that is a big plus for me.

I enjoyed the demo and found it an interesting play.

Apart from one or two minor details, I don't think many will find fault with this on the whole.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 10, 12 3:03 AM
First, that 55 Chevy rocks lol. It looks like one, but then seeing the back emblem on it, ummm not too sure lol. This game grabbed me right from the beginning. Stunning graphics, the story grabbed me, yes I bought it. The voiceovers are very well done. The music fits the game beautifully. And I loved the way the ghosts were done with the electricity around them. Really cool looking. Kudos to this teams first game. They done a superb job.

Edited on 08/10/2012 at 3:10:03 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 10, 12 3:40 AM
This isn't their first game...although it is their first iHOPA. This developer did the very successful Season Match - Match 3 series of games. I believe there are 3 games in that series.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Aug 10, 12 4:20 AM
I'm afraid I did think "same old", "same old" when I first started this game and having played the demo, still think that. OK, a slight variation but not enough to make me buy it. SAME OLD, SAME OLD and a no buy from me.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Aug 10, 12 4:53 AM
Played the demo 37 minutes and got hooked. This is a definite buy for me. The graphics are well done, and although there is nothing really new about the story, it is entertaining. I really needed a good game right now, so I'm pleased to see this one.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 10, 12 5:12 AM
When I started the demo I thought Oh great! Here we go again

After 10 min or so I realised that this is going to be a good game! Yes it's another overused story but it's very well done. When I think a story line is overused I then try to think of what I would want to see in a game. It always comes right back to this line

I found the HOS very simple in this but the mini games give you a real run for your money.
The graphics are great except perhaps in the HOS where everything seems to be the same color
Voice overs are done well and interesting.

I played the demo in casual but when I buy will play in a harder mode.

The one thing I found that I don't care for in any game is that the hint is only useful in HOS.
As much as I enjoyed this I do have a few that are waiting in my manager that I want more
Absolutely will be buying at some point

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 10, 12 6:47 AM
This game has the feel of the Redemption series right down to the graphics. I don't think these are new devs (unlike the devs a couple days ago) the game flows too smooth and the story follows a very logical pattern. I do like it but their really isn't anything new about it including the types of puzzles offered.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 10, 12 7:23 AM
I don't think this game as a CE is worth it. It has nothing different from other games so I think I'll pass.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Aug 10, 12 7:40 AM
I just started playing Black Mirror last weekend and this game, at least in the beginning, is the Black Mirror story.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Aug 10, 12 8:29 AM
Downloading now but looking at the screen shots the picture with the owl looks very similar to a scene in Theatre of Shadows, shed on the right, puddle on the ground and sparkly scene on the left, hmmm Looking forward with a

Finished the demo with 9 minutes to spare. I always play in casual mode and skip minis that would take too much time until I purchase the game. Not fond of the stretched screen look on my 14 inch laptop as it makes it look fuzzy instead of that crisp clear look I enjoy. If this is this devs first game, I have to say congratulations. Not sure about buying this CE after playing Theater of Shadows I'm pretty spoiled. That was so worth the money and in my case I got it with a pc credit Think I'll wait until the ones that purchased it spill the beans! Happy Friday everyone

Edited to respond after actually playing the demo instead of just looking at pics

Edited on 08/10/2012 at 9:43:25 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 10, 12 9:01 AM
I am really enjoying the demo...nearly finished with it but wanted to read some others' comments and reviews before I click "buy".

I think the graphics are very well done and just beautiful (even the broken down mansion). A fair amount of back and forth thus far so a map would be useful! The H0 scenes are not too difficult but some of the puzzles are! (I skipped a couple to be able to see where the demo was leading but will restart the game from the beginning once I buy it and take my time on the puzzles.) Not sure I "like" the graphics of the ghost - seems a bit "jerky". I like the ability to "click through" the dialog as I read it. I prefer an arrow to set me on the right path rather than "search somewhere else" or "nothing left to do here".

I just loved the classic 1957 Chevrolet in the opening of the game! I had a black one and wish I still had it!

Overall, I do believe this will be a "must buy" for me.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 10, 12 9:09 AM
yes the story is near by black mirror,but this game is not black mirror!not worth a ce!no original puzzles,straight ho(no interactivity in)average game for me; this try from this dev is too shy in story and graphics,puzzles,etc!please,next time unbridle your imagination
i was much delighted with theatre of the shadows whic tale us a cursed story also but in different way,with many different world to visit!this game was worth a CE statue!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 10, 12 9:32 AM
For the "criminal investigators fishies" - the plot is developing to be very tense...

You can find here more corpses than in every Hitcock film... I already found 4, and I am only on page 27 (out of 42). Only God (er...developer) knows who else will be found.

Stay tuned...

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Aug 10, 12 9:50 AM
The woman who disappears in the beginning of the scenes looks like she needs to pee! She holds her hands clenched in front of her and jumps up and down, "please, hurry, get me to the bathroom!"

Edited on 08/10/2012 at 9:50:30 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 10, 12 10:06 AM
I'm on the fence with this one. There seems to be a few too many hidden object scenes. The scenes are dark and my old eyes have trouble seeing the objects. The game play is smooth and the graphics are beautiful albeit dark. I think I will wait for a sale. Try it for yourself and make your own decision, and don't let the wicked witch scare you.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 10, 12 11:21 AM
Hi there,
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the last two "really new" games should have been reversed as SE/CE?
This one, whilst OK, it is very straight-forward (even on the most difficult mode) and probably doesn't need a SG. Whereas I suspect there were more people "checking out" the WT for Theatre of Shadows as the story and game play appeared more complex. It also had both an interractive map and interractive HOS. (I notice the SG was offered when the game became TNT.)
If this is the first game of this type for these devs, its not a bad effort overall (and I like being told simply that I found a lighter, or whatever, instead of being told "this might be useful"! ). The game did not exactly have me on tenterhooks with "shock, horror", so please use some less dramatic music in the future.
Again, HOS filled with some really nifty items, but we are still asked to find the same things - umbrellas, feathers, pocket watches etc (I have seen an hourglass or two and I suppose it will only be a matter of time until it becomes an item on the Find list). It would be really great if the devs of these games decided to ask us to search for more unusual things - I'm sure we would get the "hang" of it.

@PowderMonkey - yes, the ghost's wiggle is interesting. LOL

Well, kettle boiled, off for and then back to find more bodies.

Cheers

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Aug 10, 12 11:44 AM
Hello dear fishies, I really love this game. But I had to buy a new pairs of sneakers. An interactive map would be really helpful. Happy gaming

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 10, 12 11:48 AM
I really liked the music. It kept me upbeat. In some of the bigger devs they have poor music imho sometimes too, and not fitting for the game. I also been running into original mini games. That one puzzle is a Tanagram, but they put a twist to it too where you have to match the wiring as well.

Edited on 08/10/2012 at 12:00:53 PM PST

Go to: