momrocks71
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

LEVEL 38 Help!

[Post New]by momrocks71 on Aug 10, 12 10:17 AM
Can anyone tell me how to keep the rats away or atleast minimized? I can't get ahead. They a many more attacks then at other levels to the point where I end up slamming my mouse in frustration and getting off the game. I've added hedges and other decorations but still its ratmageddon.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:LEVEL 38 Help!

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 11, 12 7:40 AM
Hi momrocks71,

From playing this game I can see that there is no permanent way to deal with the rats, clicking to remove them is an added task as you progress through the game that ramps up the difficulty.

Improving your surroundings with decorations does help though, as the more run down an area is, the more frequent the infestations.

A tip for getting rid of them when there are multiple buildings attacked is to click as quickly as you can on the first one or two to reduce their presence, then go over them again to fully remove. Sometimes if a number of bulidings are infected at once, you will lose one or more if you click to remove fully on the first attempt.

I hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/11/2012 at 9:33:46 AM PST

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Aug 11, 12 9:11 AM
Hi,

I've found that if you always make sure you build lots of fountains every time you build a large condo and keep the environment score in the green you don't get rats. It's really hard to do but possible.

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Aug 11, 12 9:27 AM
It helps if you build a subway station and bus stops too - they have more appearance points for some reason.

I manage to get the rats under control but I still can't reach all the goals in time, the quickest I've done it is 32 days. Does anyone have any tips to get the gold?

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 14, 12 4:46 AM
Hi. I just did it in 27 days after trying many times and many strategies.

I started deleting the bushes, the trash, signs, the verical roads in the middle, the upper left road and hedges /pavement with bushes.

bought and sold a couple of buildings but didn't rush to sell them only when I needed the money for another purchase or if they started to demand a mega mall

I placed 2 fountains in the upper left cleared space (later i used the remaining 2 spaces for the train stations) and waited for my first order. (Luck) and started building a mega mart, and all the buildings in the middle row. I left spaces between them to fit in bus stops etc. I also built quite early on a second mega mart that is needed.

I think the secret to this level is :

Keep in the black

Update your shops to max ASAP ~ in proportion to your residents ~ (Revenue) and don't waste your money on buying more buildings once you have started to.

I found i was missing out on gold because of the money goal, but when I switched to concentrating on upgrading the gym & restaurant etc the money sailed through and gold came a lot easier.

HTH Jojo

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 4:47:24 AM PST

Go to: