Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 20, 11 5:50 PM
My Internet Security Program (Kaspersky) popped up on this game and said that it was a "Potentially Dangerous" appplication. It has NEVER done this with a game from BFG ever! I also says that this applicatoin apeared more than 1/2 year ago & it was used by less than 1000 particiapnts of Kaspersky 0 percent trusted this application ????? Wow another new low for BFG or What?

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Jun 23, 11 10:32 AM
Love the game. Finally completed it except for one minor thing, I didn't collect enough clover to do the extra game play. That's what happens when I don't play the game to finish at once. No biggie though, the game is fun and interesting enough to start again. At least this time I was prepared for the shocking, scary stuff (to me). I won't play it in one sitting again so, who knows, I will probably forget to get the clover and be here again next week.

Bessie Mae

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Jun 25, 11 8:34 AM
This was a terrific game, nice & long, high quality, great gameplay. Grab it while it's cheap!

Rooobeee
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Rooobeee on Jun 26, 11 1:20 PM
This is an AWESOME game! I decided to try it out because it was only 2.99. Normally, I'm not a big fan of Hidden Object games, but this game had a great story and a good mix of Hidden Object scenes and puzzles. I loved how the story paralleled Hawthorne's death with one of his own stories. The journal was very helpful and the puzzles had a mild level of difficulty. I only had to check the walkthrough a couple of times when I got really stumped on a puzzle. I was able to find at least 50 of the clovers needed to unlock the unlimited Hidden Object scenes and discovered there was a bonus scene. All-in-all, this is a great game. I'm going to get the other two Midnight Mysteries game this week as well.

Edited on 06/26/2011 at 1:21:47 PM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jun 30, 11 3:34 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I recently purchased it after looking at the current Midnight Mysteries game and decided to play them in order. Now that I've finished the Devil on the Mississipi, I thought this game was way better (I will post my thoughts on the DM game in its folder). The graphics in this game were excellent. Voice overs would have made the game even better, but you can't fault the drawings. A couple of times I got scared, which is kind of fun, but overall the game is pretty tame. Excellent mix of adventure and hidden object scenes.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Jul 22, 11 1:24 PM
I read the reviews on how much a lot of people loved this game over the other Midnight Mysteries series and I didn't love it or hate it.
I felt there was an awful lot of backtracking and normally I do not mind this, but after awhile it got on my nerves.
I wish I had bought this for 2.99 like some others but I used a credit for it. I think most would like it, this isn't my normal review. I was just hoping for a little better than what it had appeared.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 13, 11 7:54 AM
AWESOME game. I bought this game Sept of 2010 and loved it. LizzieK gave an excellent review on June 12, 2010. Well, I just finished playing it again and it's still a great game. It's a game by John Newcomer with Mumbo Jumbo studios. I believe they were ahead of their times. What I mean is, some of the games I play from a year or more ago, seem out-dated, I get bored with them and quite often un-install. But certainly not this game; it's held its own and is right up todate.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 17, 11 8:43 AM
I wasn't sure about trying this game because I tried Devil on the Mississippi and didn't finish the trial version because I got sick of the endless conversations with Mark Twain.

I read the description of this game and it talked about Nathanial Hawthorne. Hawthorne lived from 1804 to 1864, and the Salem Witch Trials occurred in 1692. So what does Hawthorne have to do with it? (I suspect that this game is going to have endless conversations with Hawthorne like Devil on the Mississippi had with Twain)

Maybe the game explains the Hawthorne connection, but they lost me when I saw the screen shot of the train. Don't recall there were any trains in 1692.

Not only a no-by, a no-trial either. Do not like the Midnight Mysteries series. I don't want to spend half the game talking to ghosts or anybody else. I just want to play!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 24, 11 3:32 AM
crowtrobot wrote :

Not only a no-by, a no-trial either. Do not like the Midnight Mysteries series. I don't want to spend half the game talking to ghosts or anybody else. I just want to play!

You may not like Midnight Mysteries, won't complain about that, each one has his/her tastes BUT then don't complain about dates, inexisting trains, etc, if you don't play the demo, it's obvious you will not understand. You dind't try the game, so what's the point of coming here to make a negative comment ? Negative and positive comments are worth it when they're based on something.

I bought this game when it was issued and forgot all about it, I only rediscovered it today and played it.

This game is a grand game, with beautiful graphics, good H0 (no junkpile), clever mini games and a good story. The music is god too. An excellent game and I've enjoyed each and every minute of it.

Thanks Devs., thanks .

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 24, 11 3:33 AM
bfgHondo wrote:Just swimming by to make soblessed57's link clickable

-bfgHondo

Thanks for doing that

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Nov 17, 11 7:29 AM
I liked the first adventure with the ghost of Poe, & this is even more fun . . . ! Awesome scenes & artwork . . . Hawthorne, the dear departed soul, would approve, I think . . .

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 5:24 PM
Ghost stories are one of my favorites, so that is why the Midnight Mysteries are right there in my list of most have games.

I like the story the scenes and it was a good game to play.

doziedoats
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by doziedoats on Jan 17, 12 1:59 PM
Wow! I am so pleased with Midnight Mysteries 2. I actually bought the game about a year ago and didn't think I was going to like it that much. I went back to it yesterday and couldn't stop until I finished. It is great. I will probably at some later date play it again so that I can see how many more achievements I can do. I only got 5 out of 12. Now I have to see if I can do better.

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 2:00:34 PM PST

tjwilson
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by tjwilson on Jan 22, 12 12:37 PM
I just finished playing this game, and for the most part I liked it a lot. The only problem I had was that it seems it has too much story for one game, or for a game of that length. You really have to reach to come to their conclusions. The game could have been made longer to account for that. But, all in all, it deserves to be part of the Midnight Mysteries. My next purchase will be the third one, Devil on the Mississippi. Looks like fun!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 23, 12 7:30 AM
Review based on the complete game.

This is the second game in a series of now 4 games, preceded by a story about Edgar Allen Poe. This time it's about a man named Hawthorne, which I - unfortunately - do not know.

But everything that made Poe a great game is back. You are approached by a ghost, who drags you into the story. The trademark raven is back. The lantern is back.

Graphics are very good and clear, the story intriguing. In addition to the completion of the story you can collect items and finish achievements.

Bottom Line: A very good installment of this series; you will get a CE version for the price of a normal game. (If you count achievements as CE material.)

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 23, 12 10:37 AM
this is a very good game, we love getting the clovers. the game will keep you on the edge of your chair.---------doug & lisa

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Aug 11, 12 6:06 PM
Ummm....not quite sure about this game. I can't give it a great review but, in all fairness, I can't give it a bad one either.

I did like the graphics and special effects. There were a few shocking effects that were pretty cool. Story line and ending were good also.

There are a few things in a game that will make it or break it for me. The biggest one is the Hint button. Sometimes I felt like I was so intent on finding the ravens to get hints, that I missed other things. To be honest, the Hint button wasn't all that helpful anyway. In the HOS, it will only show you the shape of what you need to find. During the game, the Hint button can only be used to drag an inventory object to it to find its use.

There weren't that many scenes in this game, so it should have been easy for me to find my way around. Somehow I kept getting lost. There is a map with your journal, but it could have used some bit of identification.

Don't know if I'll try any of the other Midnight Mysteries games. We'll see.

MsDee_1968
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by MsDee_1968 on Aug 10, 13 4:41 PM
I tried this game on a whim after reading some of the reviews and enjoyed it so much, I went out and bought it commercially. I'm a sucker for hidden object games and this is one of the best I've seen. The storyline is engaging and the graphic are just incredible. I did a report on Nathaniel Hawthorne in high school, so I was curious just how historically aaccurate the game would be. Not 100%, but pretty close. I especially liked that the game touched upon Hawthorne's friendship with Franklin Pierce. Kudos to the developer!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 31, 13 10:18 PM
I thought this game was going to be about the Salem Witch Trials. Instead it's about solving Nathaniel Hawthorne's death -- interviewing the ghosts of Hawthorne, Franklin Pierce, and others that have nothing to do with the witch trials. And now somehow there's this train that seems to belong to President Lincoln. Whaaat? Boring, boring, boring. If I wanted history, I'd read a history book.

Other negatives:

I haven't found a way to lock the inventory open. Hovering your curser over it half the time gets you the arrow to go back. Huge pain. I have yet to get through an HOS without using two or three hints. Some of the items are so small you'd need a magnifying glass, but one isn't offered. Outside of the HOS, the hint system only works by showing the raven an item you have in your inventory, and then it will tell you where to use said item. Pointless if you have more than one item.

And oh, yeah... it locked my computer up on the very first screen and I had to do a hard reboot.

If you want to play a game about the Salem witch trials, this isn't it. I'm really, really sorry I bought it.

Go to: