Spidercat222
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by Spidercat222 on Aug 2, 10 7:03 PM
Let me add my own "Wooohooooo" to an already long thread

Beautiful graphics, nice solid story, good challenge and a good game length too. Up there with the best, Dire Grove, Return to Ravenhearst and the like

chooky35
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by chooky35 on Aug 3, 10 2:17 AM
Loved this game. Got addicted quite quickly

Bought it even before finishing the trial

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Aug 3, 10 8:29 AM
I only got half way thru the 1st chapter before my hour demo ran out. And that was casual mode. Seems like this will be a really long game. Probably longer in advanced mode? Am seriously considering using my credit for this. Ive played lots of games and getting tired of the same old stuff ya know? This game seems worth it to buy. Any idea? Opinions very welcome!! I already own various HOGs plus Dracula, Nostradamus, both Ravenhurst, Drawn, both Azadas....cant wait for more Drawn and Azada!!

Spidercat222
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Spidercat222 on Aug 3, 10 11:36 AM
ksdickinson wrote:Ive played lots of games and getting tired of the same old stuff ya know?

Both story and graphics felt like a refreshment, so I really wouldn't say this is your regular "same old stuff". This game met my expectations and more. And if you haven't played those yet I would also recommend Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials, both PuppetShow and of course Dire Grove.

Hope that helps

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 3, 10 11:59 AM
I think it's about 7 hours in advanced - more if you don't skip puzzles or use the walkthrough for anything. [ETA I used the screenshot for the chest key puzzle]

I didn't play the regular version first.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 12:19:55 PM PST

[Post New]by Karebella on Aug 3, 10 3:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I loved this game. Can anyone suggest games that are similar to this type of game?

lkwriter
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,914 Posts

[Post New]by lkwriter on Aug 3, 10 3:45 PM
Karebella wrote:Hi everyone,
I loved this game. Can anyone suggest games that are similar to this type of game?

Hi Karebella! I just bought this one based on a short trial, because it has such a wonderful feel. A few pages into this forum, there is a thread on other games by the developers - http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/107639.page

I don't know if the games themselves are similar, but you may want to check these out. Good luck!

Nephelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Nephelle on Aug 3, 10 5:26 PM
I truly enjoyed this game very much. The artwork was gorgeous. I was involved in the story, which actually managed to build a feeling of tension and mystery --- I wasn't sure whom to trust. The hidden objects were nicely done with no "cheating" by the creators (--- you know, no red apples made gray so that they blend into a rock face ). This game also had the best integrated puzzles of any game that I have ever played.

Kudos to the creators! And thank you.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 5:27:41 PM PST

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 4, 10 1:52 AM
thumbs up for sure...loved it.

[Post New]by graf124 on Aug 4, 10 3:35 PM
I recommend this game...engaging and challenging!

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Aug 4, 10 3:40 PM
Spidercat222 wrote:
ksdickinson wrote:Ive played lots of games and getting tired of the same old stuff ya know?

Both story and graphics felt like a refreshment, so I really wouldn't say this is your regular "same old stuff". This game met my expectations and more. And if you haven't played those yet I would also recommend Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials, both PuppetShow and of course Dire Grove.

Hope that helps

I did the demo for Salem Witch Trials and own Dire Grove....just finished it actually. Havent tried Puppet Show. I have 1 credit so Im trying to decide what to get. Probably "Elixer" . Like you said...definately not the 'same old stuff'...

.sorry for typos....Im in a bit of pain and dont think clearly then.

Luna_71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Luna_71 on Aug 4, 10 6:52 PM
great great game BF!

thank you ... sweet graphics, good plot and storyline that moves along nicely, unobtrusive music, minimal voice acting and what there was was good, puzzles difficult but not too difficult - and skip and hints recharged fast in "casual" mode.

very very nice!!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Aug 4, 10 9:47 PM
Great game! Challenging with very good graphics. Very good story line....made me want to find out what happens next! Great interaction and it really made me think. Good length, too!

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Aug 4, 10 10:55 PM
I played the Demo liked it. Bought the game. It has good clear crisp grahics and the sound is right for the story. A Good story it had everything I like and I could have played on and on if they hadn't ended it. Maybe a sequel?

aneleh12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aneleh12 on Aug 5, 10 7:38 PM
Played the demo and decided to get it! Enjoyed all of it, minigames included, (just skipped one ). Beautiful graphics and actions.

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Aug 6, 10 7:12 PM
Really, REALLY enjoyable game.

I have a nitpicky comment, and that is the presence of so many typos and grammatical errors. I just think that someone should have at least read through the journal entries for that kind of thing, as everything else is so well polished and definitely worthy of the price.

[Post New]by dwpony on Aug 7, 10 10:59 AM
Didn't even do the trial. Just bought the game. It was great. I love doing HOG's where you have to combine the objects found. Graphics were good I could even tolerate the music. If you like running around and not getting bored by going to different spots and new areas this is the game for you. Thanks BF good choice!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 7, 10 11:14 AM
MariposaMorada wrote:I have a nitpicky comment, and that is the presence of so many typos and grammatical errors. I just think that someone should have at least read through the journal entries for that kind of thing, as everything else is so well polished and definitely worthy of the price.
I agree with you entirely. It really is a pity that the English isn't as polished as the rest.

I rate this an 8 out of 10 game - 9 if the English was as good as everything else.

[Post New]by Heudem on Aug 7, 10 12:05 PM
Best game ever, - it started a bit boring, though. Just hang on and you'll have many hours of excitement. Bravo!

[Post New]by SquareKitty on Aug 7, 10 2:46 PM

Great game, interesting story and beautiful graphics! A real winner - really hope they do another story within this realm. As a newbie to BF Games, this was a definate buy-however, too many lovely games and not enough cash stink!

Game was colourful and bright, loved it!

SquareKitty

Go to: