Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by fisheyenomiko on Sep 14, 10 1:01 PM
Hi! This is my first post on these forums, so I'm a little nervous...
I really love this game! It's challenging without driving you nuts (the hint button helped a LOT the first time through, as did having the map highlight were you need to go), looks wonderful, and I really, really like the plot! I'm all for just playing a game for the game play itslef, but it's always nice when the story draws you in as well. I really felt bad for Viggo;I remember playing it for the first time (I'm on my third time through now ), and being afraid something bad was going to happen to him... Well, it kinda does, but you get to rescue him. Yay! I also remember being suspicious of Charles, especially when he can open the rec room door but you can't... I was honestly a little disappointed to find out he's exactly who he claims to be!
Anyway, I'm really wanna thank BFG for bringing us this great game!

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 1:03:54 PM PST

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Sep 20, 10 10:55 AM
Sheer genius! I have played a lot of IHOGs and this one is a new favorite. If I had anything negative to say, it would be about the conversation pop-ups that you are confronted with often. Graphics and music ! Highly recommended!

loonylimey
Clownfish
Clownfish
522 Posts

[Post New]by loonylimey on Sep 20, 10 4:16 PM
One of the best games that have ever played. This is the first game that has ever creeped me out. Much better than the sequel!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 24, 10 10:21 PM
I like to play games in windowed mode rather than full screen. Don't know if that is the cause or not but this game resizes and moves all large open windows so I have to resize and move them when I exit. As much as I like the game, it's a NO BUY for me at retail price. Maybe if it's a DD I'll consider it.

[Post New]by SheWolf65 on Oct 5, 10 9:57 AM
I have never done this before so bear with me please.
I am having trouble now, I cant work out how to fix the tv. I cant work out the name for the ID card and so cannot get into the pharmacy.
How do I get some help?

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Oct 7, 10 12:01 PM
SheWolf65, whenever I'm in a bind, I'll look at the walkthrough to get the solution. I would try that if you're stuck.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 17, 10 2:13 PM
This was such a great game! Everything about it was excellent - the graphics, adventure elements, suspenseful story and smooth, logical flow. Also, the voice acting was very well done. The difficulty level was perfect for a relaxing, but somewhat challenging experience. Overall, it was very enjoyable and one of the best of its kind. I thought it was quite an improvement over Curse of the Opera, which I also enjoyed. I look forward to more like this one!

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Oct 26, 10 1:24 PM
silverink wrote:This was such a great game! Everything about it was excellent - the graphics, adventure elements, suspenseful story and smooth, logical flow. Also, the voice acting was very well done. The difficulty level was perfect for a relaxing, but somewhat challenging experience. Overall, it was very enjoyable and one of the best of its kind. I thought it was quite an improvement over Curse of the Opera, which I also enjoyed. I look forward to more like this one!

Yes, Silverink, I think the same. Almost as good as Ret.toRavenh. Good story, graphics, voice sound very well done and lots to do without having a nervous breakdown. It is one of my best game for 2010 so far.

tlight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tlight on Nov 6, 10 9:32 AM
I am running the demo version on a Vista 64-bit system and I am having a bear of a time with the dialogue sections. They are laggy and jerky and if you click one too many times, you lose the whole series. Argh.

I did like some of the aspects of the game such as the progressive action goals, the walkthrough map in the diary and hidden inventory items. But the sparkly sections really dumb the game down. I would have enjoyed it much more without this version of hand-holding.

Another negative is the blatant hint button. I prefer it when the hint offers you a quick clue or a little section of brightness. Here the item is circled in red and highlighted. I like a little mystery in my mystery.

Overall, I think I will skip this one. It doesn't seem to have much repeatability. I like to go back and play the games such as the Mystery Case Files over and over. They have a good creepy feel and a real artistry. This was one was good but just not outstanding IMHO.

xpetch
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by xpetch on Nov 7, 10 3:09 PM
Just finished the game, another great one. I can't remember Opera since it's been so long since I played it, so off to play that one again!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Nov 13, 10 10:37 PM
Finished this game a few days ago; and for what little it may be worth, here's what I thought:

Overall Impression: A well-done, iHOG/Adventure blend. A couple of times I felt like you had to do a little too much back-tracking, but overall it was fun and challenging.

Media Description: Although the atmosphere of the game was definitely dark and creepy, the graphics were nice and clear for the most part, not fuzzy or hazy. There were a couple of HOG scenes that were a little too dark; but they were the exception, not the norm. The music seemed to fit the mood.

Storyline: The storyline was well-developed and made sense. There was a decent build-up to the ending rather than just being sprung on you out of nowhere. I liked that. I also liked the way it tied the game into its predecessor.

Gameplay: The gameplay was pretty intuitive and straightforward. As I said earlier, there was a bit of (in my opinion) excessive backtracking at times, but it wasn't enough to cause a lot of frustration - at least not on my computer. Someone with a slower computer might find it a lot more frustrating. It was also a bit linear in that there were some things that you were required to do before you could do others. You weren't free to just wander around and do whatever you wanted whenever you came to it.

HOG Scenes: The HOG scenes are junkpiles, but they're not so difficult as to be impossible. The cursor glows red and is disabled for a few seconds if you have too many misclicks in a row.

Minigames/puzzles: The minigames fit into the storyline for the most part. I don't remember having any trouble with any of them.

Hints: The hints are unlimited, but hey do take a few seconds to refill.

Will Probably Appeal to: Those who like iHOG/Adventure blends and those who like eerie/creepy games

Will Probably Not Appeal to: Those who prefer straight HOGs or those who prefer lighter themes in their games

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Nov 19, 10 5:51 AM
Overall, this game was really great. I liked the story, that Victor guy was super creepy! The voice acting was fine and I liked the interaction with the other characters - I haven't seen much of that with other games (but I don't play that many). I really liked the length of the game and all the scenes to explore.

My only gripe is that I found the **** scenes too easy. I usually flew through the scene and I wish it had been a little more challenging. The puzzles were pretty good. I actually skipped a couple because they got tedious (the circuit one comes to mind) but maybe I was just in an impatient mood. These are just minor gripes - the overall game is wonderful. I really enjoyed playing it.

[Post New]by nique_09 on Dec 6, 10 8:30 PM
MSJMOM wrote:
daestwen wrote:
apricotbiopot wrote:Downloaded the trial,cant get the door knob from the hall and the hint just keeps saying get the doorknob from the hall so that's that.. game over cause I cant get the doorknob,you would think the hints for these games would be helpful but no,so many games only provide the same hint and if it doesn't help your stuffed,game over and one definitely wont buy the game!!

It's in the door in the hall... the one leading into the toy room. You take the screwdriver, remove it from the door, and use it in the next door. It even sparkles in the screen and tells you that you should remove it...

Ok, but where's the screwdriver???

Im having that same problem. I need the screwdriver to remove the rectangle mirror and its not in my inventory.

trickydon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by trickydon on Dec 21, 10 6:13 PM
This was the best HOG I've ever played. It went on and on and had so many things to find and use. Story line was interesting too. I thought if this game was so terrific, the sequel Nightfall Mysteries: Opera would be just as good. I tried the demo and was disappointed...so I didn't buy. If you are a big HOG player, you have got to try Asylum Conspiracy.

[Post New]by story1357 on Dec 28, 10 11:50 PM
Can I add to all these positive reviews that AC has the best soundtrack of any AHOG I have played. Really great and fitting music, relaxing, not too intense.
I love RTR and enjoy the soundtrack-but it gets louder and really intense at times and I thought I was going to be killed. (In the game)
AC 's music is even in volume.
That is just 1 example of soundtrack problems. The music in a game should not 1.Break your concentration or 2. Be annoying with repetitive creaking, groaning and footsteps noises playing over and over and over for 5 hours.
The AC soundtrack is not on a short loop either. There are different songs for each room or area. I found myself returning to certain rooms just to hear my favorite songs.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 11:50:37 PM PST

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Jan 1, 11 1:17 PM
I will be buying this game after I leave the forum.

It is everything everyone has written. Even though it is creepy it keeps your interest and is just pure fun and adventure.

Good reason Big Fish made it one of their Games of the year.

Thank you Big Fish.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Jan 16, 11 2:45 AM
i really enjoyed this game - though at one point I really didn't want to go through the door!
the game also keeps you guessing - i did wonder if a goodie was actually a baddie - which added to the game play
good graphics/ music/ puzzles
a good balance of puzzles and HOG
4/5

Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by misslynn55 on Jan 20, 11 3:42 PM
I am playing this game and luv it but i am stuck on fixing the mirror's in the cemetary and I can't seem to get anywhere, can someone help me? Thank you,

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 3:45:00 PM PST

[Post New]by RindaA on Feb 2, 11 9:51 PM
Where do I find the walk through? I'm stuck!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 2, 11 10:24 PM
RindaA wrote:Where do I find the walk through? I'm stuck!

Hi there,
Welcome to the Pond RindaA and misslynn55,
The Walkthough for this game is in the second post in this forum.
Simply click on the Blue Text above for this forum and then open the "Walkthrough...." Post and follow the lead.
In the Walkthrough, type CTRL/F and a Find box will open on the bottom LHS of your screen. Type in a key word and then next/previous etc to jump to the assistance you need, instead of having to scroll thought the entire WT and maybe finding out "more than you need to know"
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Go to: