Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 19, 10 5:03 AM
DeGill wrote:I have enjoyed this game very much--that is until coming to the latern lighting area. I have started the game for the 5th time ( new player each time--with deleting other player first ). I'm about to give up out of frustration. I have gone to the walk through and have seen which order to light the laterns in and it is impossible to light the lamp nearest the tower with out lighting the one below, in the same fire line. I don't think I want to keep going trough the game over and over and continue to fail, on the very first try, to light that lamp nearest the tower first. Any suggestions?
Whilst I don't know what the problem is, try turning full screen off. This worked for an earlier poster.

[Post New]by Belseindar on Oct 20, 10 11:36 PM
Personaly I had been looking forward to the sequel to this game. I even shelled out for the collectors edition. While not completely dissapointed I was dissapointed to a lesser degree. For me the game was a bit over easy compared to the first one. And in my opinion much to short for a long awaited sequel. The ending was overly simple I mean drag a crayon in a bird shape and poof you win???? Was kind of hoping for a better cinematic between Iris and the King. And more interaction on my part at the very end. Even the bonus material on the collectors eddition. Seriously? Solve a couple puzzles the scrable around collecting glass shards. All in all I'd have to give it a 3.5 out of 5. It probably would be a 3 of 5 But I do love the concept of the game. Where as I would give the first game 4.5 out of 5.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 28, 10 1:05 PM
Another reason I did NOT purchase this game is because when I want to end it - it takes about 3 minutes with all the garbage to close the game.

phoenix64
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phoenix64 on Dec 2, 10 8:37 AM
Just finished the game and another splendid 'Drawn' game it is too. Its taken me ages to complete but the sense of achievement is worth all the hours spent. Id like a timer incorporated to know exactly how long a game does take. Looking forward to the next 'Drawn'.

[Post New]by Turtle42 on Jan 1, 11 7:46 PM
I have never been able to get this game to work.
Sorry i spent the money on it..

[Post New]by dolpin2852000 on Jan 5, 11 6:59 PM
I too thought the demo was great, the graphics the score of the music is are AWESOME I have not played the first one (which I already downloaded) well BF a high fin to you and the rest of the team.

Dolphin

P.S. if you have an older computer still running windows xp and only have 512 mb like I do, it will still run with no problems

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 7:03:58 PM PST

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Jan 27, 11 6:15 AM
Beautiful game, even collector's edition worthy! I usually don't buy the collector's edition of any game, but I will make an exception. I might even try out the first one!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jan 29, 11 7:19 PM
Will reserve final judgment until I play through a 2nd time - but after one run at it I favor the original. I side with those who feel some of the puzzles were just tooooo hard - and here's why I'm reserving judgment - especially with such a compelling storyline. As others have said - I found myself skipping the puzzles after some minutes of trying just because I was jonsing to get on with the story itself. I didn't have that sense in the first one - just wasn't sooo frustrated by puzzles

But - was a lovely game, ran well & echos of all other pluses - just felt like it was a wee bit too heavy on straight up puzzles (vs. tasks - similar, but different

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Feb 28, 11 2:25 PM
Terrible game.

[Post New]by steeltigress on May 30, 11 4:35 PM
I bought and played the first Drawn, and loved it. Then I waited and waited and waited for the next one to come out, and I finally found it at the store and bought it and installed it and have gotten most of the way through it. Only to run into some sort of glitch that I am beginning to believe there is no fix for excedpt to uninstall/reinstall the game and start comepletely over again. So very disappointing.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 1, 11 2:36 PM
I loved the first Drawn: The Painted Tower, so had no hesitation in buying this one, and I love it even more. I love getting all the achievements playing on experienced, and have just had the pleasure of replaying it again, as I had to re-download to my new win7 notebook.

I particularly love the puzzles, so different and engrossing. The Candle one and the Queens face especially.

Kel

[Post New]by Linia04 on Jul 28, 11 11:09 AM
Love the game and have finished it and the bonus edition about three times trying to get all the acheivements. Just need the cat burglar acheivement to finish, which is rather difficult as I can't seem to get all the windows. But otherwise, it was good, challenging, and I can't wait til the next one.

Richarm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Richarm on Sep 9, 11 6:36 PM
I don't know the ending but typically in the beginning there is 1 or 2 differences compared to The painted tower. A difference is that there is unlimited times you can click on the "advice person". The problem with it is sometimes it gives you limited advice. For example if your stuck on the flag which is still in the demo it doesn't tell you which boat to use the charcoal in!

[Post New]by Granea on Sep 24, 11 3:36 PM
Fanfare123 wrote:Ahhhhhhh! This is KILLING me! I have mac os 10.4, and this game will only work on 10.5. I have been looking forward to this sequel for at least a year now. UGH!!! No $$$ to go run out and buy a new machine. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I, too, would be thrilled to spend money on this, but it won't work on my PPC MacMini.

WHY did BFG do this, when the mac version of Drawn: the Painted Tower wasn't an Intel processor-only game?

A) New computers are nice, but seriously, no one is going to replace a computer that otherwise works fine and is updated to the latest OS just for a game!

I don't really want to find another game to commit my self to being a fan. I was enjoying this one just dandy.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 25, 11 3:26 PM
This is a lovely game - in a class of its own, in terms of stunning graphics and atmosphere, and also unique puzzles. I loved the first one - it was so magical and was one of the first Big Fish games I played, so it was a hard one to live up to for me. I thought this game was an outstanding sequel, having all of the elements I loved in the first one plus some new twists with the interactive storybooks which were so well done.

Overall, the game had a great ongoing story and narrative, as well as an incredibly lovely soundtrack. It was a good length with a perfect level of challenge to make it interesting as well as beautiful. The CE had nice extras with a good bonus, wonderful wallpapers and also achievements which I always enjoy.

I hope we will be seeing Drawn 3 very soon - it seems like there could be a lot more story to come in this series!!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 28, 12 10:13 PM
Cute game. Cute little child-like drawings and interactive book pages. But it was too hard to figure out what to do next, and the hints aren't helpful until you've clicked on it multiple times. I guess the hints get more specific as you continue to click. After 30 minutes, I found I didn't give a hoot about the town or the queen or Franklin, or putting together any more pictures or having to continually ask Franklin what to do next.

Not interested.

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 10:16:36 PM PST

Go to: