Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Oct 9, 10 9:30 PM
I LOVED the game !!! Are there any more close to this one !?

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Oct 14, 10 2:12 PM
GREAT GAME!! Interesting story....great graphics....challenging puzzles.....I highly recommend it!

[Post New]by snifflesmouse on Oct 15, 10 12:32 PM
Just downloaded this game over the weekend. I have only played it for 29 minutes but am very upset, the game looks great and plays well when I'm not in a pop-up window to find items or play the hidden object areas. When I stop playing it flashes the last screen I was on and then closes. I've had problems with the screen freezing for several minutes. I'm unistalling this game from my computer due to errors. This is only my 3rd game that I've had problems like this from BFG but I will still continue to try anything that catches my attention especially hidden object games with a plot.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 15, 10 12:35 PM
snifflesmouse wrote:Just downloaded this game over the weekend. I have only played it for 29 minutes but am very upset, the game looks great and plays well when I'm not in a pop-up window to find items or play the hidden object areas. When I stop playing it flashes the last screen I was on and then closes. I've had problems with the screen freezing for several minutes. I'm unistalling this game from my computer due to errors. This is only my 3rd game that I've had problems like this from BFG but I will still continue to try anything that catches my attention especially hidden object games with a plot.
Have you got in touch with BFG CS for help with your technical problems?
Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Oct 20, 10 7:30 PM
Nothing to say much about this game. There's no music, no voice actors, nothing. The game environment is dark so it's kinda spooky. The spookiest is probably at the church, but other areas they were just OK. The cursor is the biggest problem in this game.. I tried to turn off the custom cursor but then it's hard to see. I hope the next time the game developer decides to make a sequel, they will fix this.

[Post New]by everyonesmomtwo on Oct 21, 10 12:50 AM
What a totally wonderful game. Thank you Big Fish for this great game. Those who c/o it being too easy didn't go far enough into the game. Yes the puzzles started out a little on the easy side, but that was just to work us into it. The puzzles really made you put your thinking cap on. Some of them I had to pass on as I just couldn't figure them out. Others I had to get my teenage son to complete for me. Even with that there was still plenty of puzzles for me to complete.
As to the music, I was to wrapped up in the game to even notice.
No problem with the curser so that problem must have been fixed.
Had to use the hint button at times and it filled up just slow enough for me to have to think things through before I clicked it again.
Funny sayings through out the house if you clicked muli times. No penalty so that was great.
All in all I give these a HUGH Thumbs up from me.
Does anyone know of any other games like this one? I sure would love to play them.
Thanks again Big Fish for having the best site on the net.

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Oct 21, 10 9:56 AM
I have to say, this game was a major disappointment for me. I was not impressed at all. The graphics were not that great. I was surprised how short it was, too. I would suggest trying the preview before committing to this game.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Oct 21, 10 9:56 PM
Have almost completed it, and I love it! Spooky, nice graphics, good mix of minigames/puzzles, creepy mysterious story that keeps your interest up... this is a winner!

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 9:57:00 PM PST

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Oct 23, 10 9:48 AM
There must be something wrong with me, I just absolutely hate it. It's far too easy. I came to the end of the demo after only 10 minutes of playing. An absolute from me.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 25, 10 5:52 AM
I don't understand that, Pearly, Are you saying that you finished the game 10 minutes after the 1 hour demo (or got stuck after 10 minutes in the demo)?

The trial isn't a sample version.

Edited on 10/25/2010 at 5:52:55 AM PST

RE: Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by cklein on Oct 25, 10 6:50 PM
Didn't like the game and only played 1 hour. Very slow, changes the look of my desktop and cursor is a problem.

Can't win them all...

Robwood
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by Robwood on Oct 28, 10 5:27 PM
This game was a big surprise to me. Having played the Mystery Case Files series, the Mystery Legends series, and the Nightfall Mysteries series, I thought that all the computer games Big Fish had were hidden object games. So naturally, I was quite stunned to see that this game centered solely around figuring out puzzles, which is a great breath of fresh air!

Like many here, there were some aspects of the game I didn't like at all: the story getting lost in the puzzle solving (Great! Now I have to play it again just to see what was going on!), some of the puzzle hints not being specific enough so I wound up skipping the puzzle because I couldn't figure it out (like the puzzle box in the lab), or some of the puzzles were simple enough to figure out, but too tedious to do (like the coffin door puzzle).

Over all, however, I found that most of the tension I got from the game was the good kind--trying to find a missing inventory item so I could progress to the next stage. I can't say much about the story right now, especially since doing all of those puzzles have made me forget a lot of it (Why was that cult trying to free the witch again? And why was that government agency returning to a site that they had abandoned? And what the devil was up with that ending?) so I'm going to say for right now that the story line is OK, mainly because I don't remember questioning any of the logic in it.

To those who said that the puzzles were too easy: what is your IQ and how can I get it? Mine's a reasonable 132 and I STILL had trouble with this game!

sbreed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sbreed on Nov 4, 10 9:05 PM
GREAT GAME! Thoroughly enjoyed it - Lots of decent puzzles, good graphics & a few good yuks along the way! I look forward to the sequal!

[Post New]by smitho37 on Nov 10, 10 11:48 AM
I was really looking forward to playing this but the cursor was totally doing its own thing, so frustrating so I gave up.
Don't think I shall be buying

hmhque
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by hmhque on Nov 12, 10 8:01 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Many of the puzzles were challenging, some less so. I liked the spooky atmosphere. Very enjoyable and worth the purchase! Little hand holding IMHO. Fun game, would love to play more just like it.

I had no issues with the cursor like some have had.

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 8:02:33 AM PST

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Nov 17, 10 7:03 PM
carolinacat wrote:I'm not purchasing this one. Besides the technical issues involved, I found the game to be too simple. The graphics are poor, not the brightness but the actual drawing of the graphics themselves.

I found the game to be uninteresting and boring. I'm sure some will like it, if they can get past jittery cursors and slow gameplay. You click on something and have a lag time before anything happens.

For me, this game is truly a "nightmare" and it's being deleted now.

I agree -- this game was incredibly easy!!!!

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Nov 30, 10 11:49 AM
To anyone who thought this game was increditibly easy maybe you should be in another line of work -- there are various people who could use your talents!!!! or perhaps buy a new computer. I thought the graphics were great and had no problems whatsoever with the cursor or anything else during gameplay.

I totally enjoyed the game but found it quite difficult. Granted you didn't have to wander from place to place -- once you were finished with one area that was it!! Some of the puzzles, to me, were very hard and difficult -- TG for a walk-thru for some of them or the skip button if you prefer. I looked at the W/T to get an idea of what I needed to do and then tried to press on with the rest myself but, yet again, it was back to the instruction sheet. There were very few Hidden Object scenes -- most pertained to examining certain items and finding something that you would need in the future which would then go into your inventory.

Overall, I thought this game was terrific and, as most developers do, left it open for a sequel in the future. Wonderful game, in my opinion, even if I needed a great deal of help along the way. That, to me, is called gaming experience

WTG developers -- great game with a terrific storyline. Now.....I just need to know what's going to happen in the future!!!!!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 11:55:07 AM PST

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Dec 2, 10 11:05 AM
This game was awesome if you like a good mystery adventure! It was suspenseful throughout; eerie at times; and had a very surprising ending! The puzzles were unique and took some "brain power" to figure them out. The hint buttom gave you some clues to the puzzles. There was no "handholding" in the game, but I found the various clues throughout the game made one think as to when and where to use them. I liked the photo feature. I used it as a reference in many situations. Nice job, developers!

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 11:06:52 AM PST

zowaar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by zowaar on Dec 8, 10 1:55 PM
I absolutely love this game! Great not having to play HOscenes for once, puzzles get more difficult further in the game, graphics are good, comments are great and funny.
Bought after 45 mins of trial.
I have a Mac, and none of the described technical problems!

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Dec 9, 10 12:01 PM
I really, really enjoyed this game! not only did it have great graphics, intriguing puzzles, an interesting story - it played all the way through on my Mac with no bugs!!!

that in itself was a really welcome thing - so I'm looking forward to the sequel!

Go to: