Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Niko5670 on Oct 30, 10 4:28 PM
Hi i just played the game and it was great though im confused as to what exactly is this thing happening that people are turning into like serpents and stuff. Can someone explain to me what the story is all about? And why did the girlfriend stab him,and what happened to the mayor's wife's baby?

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Nov 1, 10 4:47 PM
great game....

[Post New]by cklein on Nov 3, 10 6:37 PM
I didn't care for the game until the 3rd chapter and then it started to get better. In the beginning the game didn't seem to be going anywhere and I had a difficult time keeping interested. The "pointing clue arrows" were really irritating and made me feel like I had to hurry to play.

After the 3rd chapter the game picked up and I enjoyed the play. The challenge games were very creative and the graphics were pretty cool. The bonus game was fun. I will give this game a 6.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Nov 4, 10 4:24 PM
One of the best games I've played in ages. Very reminiscent of MCF Return to Ravenhurst game - loved it. Great length too - takes several hours.

[Post New]by bubbadumbdog on Nov 7, 10 6:23 PM
tripletail wrote:I love the game but I am stuck on the code for the statue. I followed te strategy guide for te sequence but the hatch doesn't open. Any ideas?

[Post New]by bubbadumbdog on Nov 7, 10 6:24 PM
Dee2273 wrote:I have a question. At the statue at the Mansion, there is a code. I found the code on the knife but can not place it on the statue. In fact, I can get nothing to move on the form.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Nov 14, 10 11:15 PM
Nice game, decent graphics, no surprises in the puzzles or gameplay. But I'm personally bothered by stupid little things like 21st century quality photographs in early 20th century police files and newspapers, the mention of "scary old movies" in an old diary, and the use of 21st century informal American English grammar in diaries and notes. Come on, I can take a photograph of myself, run it through some graphic algorithms in my free graphics software and make it look like a really old photo, why can't professional game devs do it?

Plus if the guy at the beginning has been diving, where's his suit? And why are he and his mini-skirted stiletto-heeled tart of a girlfriend out in the middle of the ocean on a dinghy? And why does it seem like she rules the roost and demands he break the law to please her? Did they bring up something that caused the events that occur later?

If I hadn't had a brain cramp when it came to realizing that this and Snark Busters were done by the same game developer, I'd never have bought this. Same as SB...darned confusing ending with absolutely nothing resolved, no questions answered, nothing but just feeling like I wasted my time on a movie/game/book that looked good right up to the nonsensical ending.

The bonus content is a nice touch, but not connected in any way, shape, or form to the main game except that the setting/framework is the same. Far as I can tell, totally different people are involved. And, of course, we don't find out what happened to the guy at the end of the bonus. Why am I not surprised?

[Post New]by Moonlight33 on Nov 18, 10 2:25 PM
WHAT A FANTASTIC GAME THIS WAS... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE, IT TOOK 3 DAYS TO FINISH IT JUST LIKE THE CASSANDRA JOURNEY, I REALLY ENJOYED THIS. I AM NOT SHOUTING I JUST CAN NOT READ SMALL PRINT.. SORRY... BUT THIS GAME I REALLY LIKED I DID NOT LIKE DREAM CHRONICALS 2 MAZE COULD NOT GET OUT OF THE CHESS GAMES..

I THINK THAT MORE PUZZLES AND HIDDEN OBJECTS ARE GOOD GAMES.. AND PLEASE LOWER THE PRICES FOR 13.99 TO 6.99 MORE AFFORDABLE THAN THOSE HIGH PRICES... GAMES SHOULD BE AFFORDABLE INSTEAD OF NOT.
MOONLIGHT SKY

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Dec 2, 10 5:10 PM
Overall Impression: I thought the backtracking was a bit excessive at times; but overall, I really enjoyed the game.

Media Description: The graphics were a little dark, but not so dark you couldn't see things. The atmosphere was rather eerie. The music was a bit intense at times, but it added to the atmosphere. There were no voiceovers.

Storyline: A couple has been looking for deep-sea treasure. The man falls overboard and wakes up on a currently uninhabited island. He spends the time looking for his girlfriend and trying to discover what happened to the previous inhabitants. The story is told through animated cutscenes, but it was not as well-developed as I would have liked. The ending felt a bit rushed, but there was a slightly unexpected surprise or two at the end.

Gameplay: This is an iHOG/Adventure game so there's quite a bit of wandering around trying to find things you need and trying to find places to use things you have. I only had to use the walkthrough 2 or 3 times though so it's not that hard to figure things out; it just takes time.

HOG Scenes: borderline junkpiles in style, but not too difficult. Fog rolls in and obscures the scene a bit if you have too many misclicks, but other than that there are no penalities.

Minigames/puzzles: The minigames weren't too difficult and seemed to fit the storyline pretty well. They could be skipped if you want.

Hints: The hint system is unlimited and refills fairly quickly (maybe a tad bit too slow for my patience at times, but not too bad)

Will Probably Appeal to: people who like games with an eerie atmosphere

Will Probably Not Appeal to: people who don't like iHOG/Adventures or those who don't like evil rituals depicted in their games

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Dec 2, 10 5:12 PM
lil_chickadee wrote:The bonus content is a nice touch, but not connected in any way, shape, or form to the main game except that the setting/framework is the same. Far as I can tell, totally different people are involved. And, of course, we don't find out what happened to the guy at the end of the bonus. Why am I not surprised?

That's not quite true. It does explain how the ship came to be there on the island. That's about the only thing it explains though.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 15, 11 11:50 AM
I purchased the game in Oct., played for a while and then went on to something else. My problem is finding where I am in the "in-game walkthru". I just put the ground fire out with the hose from the hydrant but have no idea what chapter I'm on. I've learned a valuable lesson from this game. Play until I finish the game - don't start on something else. At my age going back to a game I purchased 4 months ago means I've forgotten everything!

I generally love Alawar games but for some reason this one isn't on the same level as Stray Souls IMO. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, just not great.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Aug 20, 11 8:50 PM
Is it me or what? This game seems very familiar.....I know I have played it before but I can not put my finger on it. Anyone else having deja vu?

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Aug 20, 11 8:51 PM
Is it me or what? This game seems very familiar.....I know I have played it before but I can not put my finger on it. Anyone else having deja vu?

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Aug 20, 11 9:08 PM
I answered my own question....I have played it before! I downloaded the wrong game. Just got back from vaca and I think my brain is still in Disney! Yikes. Hope too many people do not see this. And yes, I do talk to myself a lot. Gotta go and play the new Twisted Lands.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Dec 4, 11 2:34 PM
A fairly enjoyable game, although it does have some flaws. The storyline was intriguing even though there were some gaps. The graphics were excellent, really sharp & clear, & I found the puzzles & mini-games challenging, but not frustrating.

The games main flaw is the incessant backtracking, often across the entire map to find things to make the game progress, at times excessive to the point of frustration. Also, without giving anything away, the game ending was also a little strange, as it left many questions unanswered, hopefully these are followed up in the sequel.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 4, 12 2:23 PM
Nice mystery adventure, nice Hidden Object Areas that went along with the scenes, so some were different graphic in clarity than others during the game.

I enjoyed this game a lot.

SassiAngel
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SassiAngel on Jan 11, 12 8:14 AM
I have both Twisted Lands games... Shadow Town and Insomniac, but the Standard Editions. I've played them both several times, but still can't quite figure out what's going on. I'm seriously considering upgrading to the Collector's Editions on these two. Is it worth it?? Is there a lot more game time and is it clearer what's going on with the story line? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Jun 8, 12 5:17 PM
Ok help please I just finished the second Twisted Lands game and loved it !! not to many HOG "S and great story line . I thought perhaps I would try this one since I could not find a third and have never played this one either.
However at the start there are a bunch of HOG 's does that slow down as the game goes on ? I don't mind a few but one after another is to much for me.
Can someone please tell me if this gets better and also some other adventure/puzzle games to try.
Tks for the time and help

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Jan 3, 14 7:16 AM
Well I bought this on the strength of Twisted Lands Origin which I enjoyed but I am bored beyond belief with this one. I think it's clumsy and there's too much back and forth. The HO scenes are revisited many times and there are way too many of them. The click penalty came in really quickly and I don't think there should be click penalties on easy mode. Someone said they weren't junk pile but I think they are junk pile. Not much adventure going on either. The odd ghost but not scary at all.

The music is pretty dire and didn't fit well with the scenes. I felt it was a bit like playing Ride of the Valkyries to a tender love scene. Anyway, at least you can turn it down or off which is what I did.

I don't know how far through the game I've got but I've just had to stop before I stick needles in my eyes.

I will probably try and finish it as I suppose it could improve and I have bought it .

And I think that whoever checked the game before releasing it should have picked up on the spelling. When you can't find something you don't 'loose' it you 'lose' it. Very shoddy indeed!

I know I'm in the minority here but I really am finding it boring.

Go to: