fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by fraziely on Nov 25, 10 12:13 AM
Played the demo and I'm not too thrilled with the 'real' character interaction. It really takes away the fun of being in 'fantasy land' for me. Plus, the cut scenes with the character interaction seem to bog the game down-to me. The actors performing the scenes are fine. But, if I had a choice in the matter-I'd rather read the cut scenes myself. It's just too slow and choppy a process for me with the acting. Also, the Hints are rather vague-to say the least.

Please, keep in mind that my comments are from a personal preference standpoint. Visually, and technically the game (as with other MCF's) is great.

I was really looking forward to this one. But, won't purchase unless I get bored with the current games I'm playing-BF and non-BF.

deebers2u
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by deebers2u on Nov 25, 10 12:17 AM
I just say, Yippee!

claykitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by claykitty on Nov 25, 10 12:22 AM
Thank you BFG for another fabulous edition of Mystery Case Files. My sister and I wait eagerly each year for the new release as if Santa were going to deliver it personally. I travel almost two hours to her house every Thanksgiving Eve with the primary purpose of playing MCF together. She waits patiently until I get there to play the game. I don't know how she does it. She is stronger than I would be. This is one of our happiest times of the year. Really. We love MCF: 13th Skull. Excellent art as usual - always over the top from year to year. It just keeps getting better and we appreciate everything you do at BFG to provide us with top-notch entertainment.

PS - We are both in our early 50's.

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Nov 25, 10 12:31 AM
I absolutely loved it!

I enjoyed the interaction with the characters, all of the conversations and especially the real actors against the painted background. I felt like I was playing something from the 90's. It is very polished.

The game ran wonderfully on my computer. I didn't have any technical issues.

I like how BF tries to mix it up a little each game, it keeps everything new and fresh. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Keep up the great work and thank you again for another fun installment to the MCF series!

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Nov 25, 10 12:32 AM
I played the demo last night and loved it, great graphics good storyline got thrown a little with the real people interaction as i got a bit lost and went back into sitting room? and wife told me to go and find hubby.Will be buying it but have to wait for another 11 days till my budget picks up again. **** hum boring waiting so long.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 25, 10 1:03 AM
I'm so enjoying this game! Love the real life dialogue, beautiful graphics, not sure what the map's for though.
So far not needed walkthrough, although I do prefer to suss out what to do next without prompts and sparkles!
So much work must have gone into developing this game....all I can say is roll on the next MCF chapter!

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Nov 25, 10 1:33 AM
Has the possibilities for being a good game,However,the acting is very bad (real characters) ie;upstairs maid,mary lee sometimes has an accent and sometimes doesn't. and intonation in dialogue all off. and the music very annoying ,had to turn it down.
Too much dialogue with real characters.
That said,the graphics were superb,storyline acceptable and interesting.Puzzles were very good.
Appreciate skip button.Hints are in a timely manner.
I will not be buying the CE ,but possibly the SE

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Nov 25, 10 1:45 AM
I love the whole package, live actors and GREAT MUSIC. Move forward and appreciate the the evolution. Don;t put your shoes on backwards and take a giant step into the past. This is really entertaining, a jewel amongst the dreck, as all the MCF games are.
Thank you!

sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sandr1 on Nov 25, 10 1:57 AM
Hi all

There is a "progression block at the goblet", I guess this answers my question I posed before: I got stuck at the part with the goblet and even considered the strategy guide, but nothing seemed wrong. I am now curious if I can keep my gamer profile or if I have to restart the game.

I am 50/50 about that MCF installment. It is a nice game but much too much "walking work". I would prefer it more condensed and more to the point. Also some of the puzzles are much too easy and others seem annoying as you have to clip the flowers (I was not able to do that faster as the grew and decided to skip that one), till now I saw about half of the puzzles are nice the half I could live without. Hope this is going to improve in the later course of the game.

The atmosphere is not nearly as good as it was in RTR (I like to repeat that this was my favourite). Till now I did not experience any creepy issues as in DG or RTR or Ravenhearst. Pity. I really hope that the MCF team finds back to their real strengths and forget about "producing games to make money". Else I consider a SE for next installment.

Thanks you all
Sandra

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 2:05:27 AM PST

Tootlestwo
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Tootlestwo on Nov 25, 10 2:12 AM
brandy914 wrote:
sinshack wrote:
brandy914 wrote:It is crazy that there is no skip button when the strategy guide stinks so bad. I am doing the box puzzle in the daughters room and can't get one last piece right. I can believe that there is no solution in the SG or skip button!

Did you click on the topic within the strategy guide? It gives you just a list at first, then to get the detailed solutions you need to click on that topic. It makes the guide much easier to navigate if you aren't following it page by page, because you just need to find the area you need help with, then open up that topic. It's much easier than flipping through 120 pages to find what you need.

Thanks Sinshack. I read this earlier in the forum and did click for the detailed solution but there is not one for this particular puzzle. Oh well I am sure if I stare at it long enough the answer will come LOL. I am reading that this game gets better the farther you go so now I am ready to try it again. OK off to stare at the puzzle, wish me luck!

Tootlestwo
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Tootlestwo on Nov 25, 10 2:13 AM
Hi sin, there isn't a "skip button" but if you click on the hint it will give you the choice of either taking a hint or passing on the game entirely............

[Post New]by woodawooda on Nov 25, 10 3:17 AM
this game is a miracle of creativity and out of the box thinking. I cannot belive that people would complain about the interaction with real people. How stupid. The care and detail that went into development of this game is amazing and I hope that this is the direction that all developers will be going toward in the future.
I love hidden object games and Iove being entertained while playing. This game is wonderful. Thanks to all that worked so hard to bring us a game with this high standard. It is great and a bargin at the price.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Nov 25, 10 3:42 AM
I had no trouble installing at all and did nothing special when I downloaded on 24th.
I love this game! This is the highest up on the CE games I have played, I can't decide if it is better than Dire . I love all the talking and interaction with the characters it makes the HOGS a deep sigh though when handed a list of items that isn't needed. Character interaction and finding specific objects makes the game 10 stars in my opinion. The voices are excellent, and the characters personalities. The graphics are awesome makes you feel like you are really walking through a very run down mansion. I love the added touch of taking objects from characters hands. I really thank you BFG for giving us CE with voices for characters. I can't recommend this game high enough.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 25, 10 3:50 AM
fraziely wrote:Played the demo and I'm not too thrilled with the 'real' character interaction. It really takes away the fun of being in 'fantasy land' for me.

I feel exactly the same.

Well, when I installed the game and wanted to play it, the first thing that happened was that my cursor froze. Thank goodness it defrosted again. LOL But it was somewhat sluggish so I didn´t like that very much.

Another thing I didn´t like was the fact that I wasn´t able to use widescreen (at my current settings, it said). I don´t know what I am expected to do and what settings I am suppose to change - the resolution surely always changes anyway when playing a game - so I quickly left the game again after just a few minutes of playing. I thought the graphics looked great from the little I did see in the game, but I was too worried about the cursor getting stuck again and didn´t really want to play only in a small square box (half my screen was practically black).

Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Nov 25, 10 4:17 AM
Absolutely LOVED this game.Sound effects,graphics,level of difficulty for the HOG all were up my street.

Only complaint so far was the map at the beginning,didnt even have to try fix the pieces in place,they just 'fell in' .

However I finished playing the demo and decided to splurge out and buy.

If I get dissapointed Ill be back to tell you why

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 25, 10 5:02 AM
ladyhawke112 wrote:Can someone who knows address the missing crayons from inventory issue? I am sick of reading game kudos - that I really do not beleive - until I know that game can actually be played.

I'm wondering if, when you look at your inventory and it appears that the crayons are not there, have you tried clicking on the left/right arrows on the inventory bar to scroll the inventory back and forth? I remember thinking the same thing had happened to me and that my inventory had disappeared, and what I needed to do was to click the arrows and then the inventory scrolled into view.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Nov 25, 10 5:14 AM
Just played the demo. I appear to be not a big of a fan as the other reviewers. I was hoping they would get back to some of the play they had in Madame Fate, such as a room within a room and having to find a couple of pieces for one item (such as teeth for dentures, boxers for the boxing ring...etc.) Those were great! Also, I really enjoyed the art work in the first three MCF games, it was outstanding, I would like to see them incorporate that into future games.

Otherwise, the play was very good but I'll wait for the standard edition. I really can't find anything worthwhile to pay for a CE. (This or any other CE)

MCF is the best and I hope future games will use some of their old tried and true gameplay.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Nov 25, 10 5:23 AM
MCF at its best! I love it! Just waiting for the update solving the trapdoor problem! However, how do I get into the bar's cellar?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 25, 10 5:30 AM
Streifenbarbe wrote:MCF at its best! I love it! Just waiting for the update solving the trapdoor problem! However, how do I get into the bar's cellar?

The update for the trap door problem came out yesterday evening PST. Download the new updated version and you should be good to go, and you will not need to start a new profile. For me, there was an update available in my Game Manager.

julievg37
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by julievg37 on Nov 25, 10 5:32 AM
Remember what made Madam Fate annoying - she wouldn't shut up.....well "Find the skulls detectives!!" is right up there.

Go to: