jericec
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by jericec on Nov 30, 10 12:25 PM
this is absolutely the pits! the main game i was waiting for in the SE and the 13 skulls game I was living for both had very frustrating technical probs. I am about ready to get a credit back and just go pout!

[Post New]by syn892 on Nov 30, 10 1:50 PM
I also had the floating cursor problems along with the game being so slow it wasn't worth the wait. I then downloaded it on my desktop computer (originally on my laptop), and had the same problems after uninstalling and reinstalling, it would not load at all. Pleas BF, let's get on the ball. In my opinion, they should either refund the cost of the game or at least give us the collector's edition (IF it works) at no extra cost, due to the frustration this game has caused.

[Post New]by cofebeab on Nov 30, 10 2:18 PM
I am actually very disappointed in BF...not only for taking so long to fix the game, but more so for not pulling the game until it has been fixed. Shame on them for allowing people to purchase the game, knowing that it will not work! It might be time to try on of the other "gaming sites"

moojelly
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by moojelly on Nov 30, 10 3:33 PM
Yes, I am having the same slo-mo issues everyone else seems to be having with this game. Holding out for a solution

[Post New]by PattyinMiami on Nov 30, 10 3:46 PM
I changed the cursor and it did help with the slow motion. But the minute you try to find and pick up any of the items it goes back to slow motion. This is really annoying!! are there any fixes yet????

[Post New]by lihi67 on Nov 30, 10 4:19 PM
i have been a BF fan since 07 this is the game ive been waiting for and it wont play. I did the trial on the collectors edition and waited for the 6.99 to come out bought it played it for about an hour or so exited out and now i keep getting ....a problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available... what is this crap then i chat and he has me email him a dr.felix results still no game i did everything to get it to work...still nothing....they should just give us the collectors edition for the price paid for regular one...

[Post New]by lilsomthun25 on Nov 30, 10 5:23 PM
I cannot play the game it runs so slow and takes forever to move around or click on anything. I buy lots of games and I am so disappointed that I can't play. I have followed all trouleshooting and still can't play

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Nov 30, 10 5:40 PM
I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU ALL. I THOUGHT I WAS IN A SANITARIUM TRYING TO GET THROUGH THE FIRST SCENE. HOPE A FIX COMES SOON. I LOVE BF GAMES BUT DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYMORE IF THEY CAN'T FIX THIS. IPAID FOR A WORKING GAME, NOT ONE I HAVE TO WAIT ON. IF YOU CAN'T FIX PLEASE REFUND ME OR GIVE ME A FREE GAME. TIATAZZ

[Post New]by sassy55 on Nov 30, 10 5:40 PM
floating curser, pain in the ****, it goes where you don't want it to. sassy2

chessiegirl
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by chessiegirl on Nov 30, 10 5:42 PM
I like some others played the game fine for abit but had to exit to do some stuff..when I tried to bring it up again it would not come up but the game manager says a game is playing. I'm getting alittle perturbed.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 30, 10 6:10 PM
I just got an email from CS:

"We received an updated version of the game this evening (November 30th), that addressed a number of the performance related issues that customers have been reporting.

To access the updated version of the game, please uninstall the game and reinstall from your Purchase History or the
Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium page

Installing this updated version of the game will remove the saved game data that was previously stored. This will ensure that there is no interference from earlier versions of the game."

I have downloaded and so far so good.

[Post New]by Marzme on Nov 30, 10 6:39 PM
Yet another disappointment - how can I preview a game if I can not run it ?The floating/slow motion cursor made me think I had had a few too many "bevies" and yet I had none. I am really disappointed to know that I have wasted ALOT of my ultra lite internet time on something I can not even try. I hope this type of event does not happen again!

[Post New]by ankerclanker on Nov 30, 10 6:50 PM
Shutting down AVG worked for me in correcting the floating cursor issue, however with the 15 minute limit on shutdown, the problem returned when AVG turned itself back on.

Most likely other virus programs are causing the problem. There has to be an easy fix for this.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 30, 10 6:56 PM
As I mentioned above, Customer Service emailed me this evening stating that an updated version of this game has been uploaded that fixes most of the common problems people have been experiencing. I downloaded the game approx. 30 minutes ago, and so far it has fixed the floating cursor/sluggish gameplay issue for me. Simply uninstall the game, and redownload from the "try this game" link.

[Post New]by 197400 on Nov 30, 10 8:14 PM
Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium has a serious problem with their latest regular edition. the game starts OK the first time and plays for a long time with only minor temporary freezing at times. But, once you quit and try to start up the next time, it will not play and brings up an error message, that another game is currently playing. It is a false error, since no game or program is playing, and restarting or uninstalling everything and then reinstalling it all, does not work.

This problem has occured on my computer and my wife's computer too, and the problem is identical on both computers. My wife has never had any problems in two years of playing big fish games, until now, with Haunted Halls. We both like the game, and hope they come up with a fix very soon.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Dec 1, 10 11:40 AM
Hey there folks!

We've got a new version of the game up on our site, so if you were having trouble with the game not starting or the game having performance issues, please uninstall and reinstall the game to get the new version! You can read more about this update here.

If after installing the new version and restarting the game with a new player profile you are still having trouble, please post in the new tech thread here as I'll be locking this tech thread up and directing users to the new one.

-bfgOkeechobee

Go to: