Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by wyspurr on May 26, 11 8:54 PM
There must be one more game in the series. Does anyone know if and when the last game is due? Great games. Lots of fun.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 30, 11 9:48 AM
I have had this game on my computer for months. I start to play and get really bored almost instantly with all the moving around, etc. Good grief this is a long game. I must have finished 12 games while screwing around with this one. Finally finished it but by the end run I was just skipping through all the boring games just to get to the end. However, it does have beautiful graphics! If you are really into fairies and "enchantment" and looooooooooooooong games...this one is for you. I don't know if I will ever try to do it again.
Also, there seems to be some glitches in the game along the way. Some of the puzzles get stuck and you have to skip to get them to move along.

Edited on 05/30/2011 at 9:52:16 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 1, 11 4:51 AM
I'm so loving this game and also the first one.
Can't wait for Awakening The Goblin Kingdom to be released

Hope it will be sooner than late. Anyone know of a release date yet?

Edited for those darned typos

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 4:53:20 AM PST

jblad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jblad on Jul 2, 11 1:20 PM
There are so many posts here I only have time to read a few...I just wanted to congratulate the developers on this game ..it was really really interesting...the puzzles varied enough to keep me stimulated and were difficult enuf but not too much....

all thumbs up ...!!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 7, 11 10:00 PM
My favourite part of this game was the beautiful graphics. Both the day and night versions of locations were absolutely gorgeous, and various effects like coloured lighting were used well, especially for the moonbridge. Everything just had a magical fairy tale quality to it. The music and sound effects complemented the artwork well.

The puzzles were easy, though fun to do. 90% of them felt like they had to do with putting things into the right place, or rotating things, then putting them into the right place, and the rest were the standard puzzles you find in this genre: find matching pairs, untangle strings, translate symbols, etc. The hidden object scenes were pretty and fairly easy; there were much less of them than in a typical hidden object game (which I appreciated, I much prefer doing puzzles).

I liked the story, or I suppose more accurately, the lonely atmosphere of being the only human wandering around in the woods (something I appreciated in the first game as well). The voice acting was good.

The journal was pretty good as far as keeping track of tasks, and there wasn't much backtracking in the game. I enjoyed the first game more because it was more about discovering what was going on, whereas this one it felt somewhat interstitial (which it is--there's another game in this series coming out), but a good game nonetheless.

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 10:00:32 PM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 8, 11 7:06 AM
Sequel to Awakening: Dreamless Castle. This picks off at the end of previous game.

Most of the puzzles in this game are simple to solve. Some (if not all) the hidden object scenes are that hard. There is some of backtracking (finding an item in another area for the area that one is currently.)

Good game to play, but I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who brought it – Happy Gaming!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jul 29, 11 3:36 PM
This is a beautiful game with a beautiful story. The graphics are good and the music, which I generally turn off in games, was nice and relaxing. I did have to turn the music to real low towards the end because the game was so long and the music became annoying. No matter how nice something is, after awhile it gets to you. According to the game it took me almost thirteen hours to finish. I took a lot of breaks.

I liked the minigames a lot. They were fun to play. The only thing I found really annoying was the constant clicking to turn the fragmented pieces. It was beginning to really bother me but I was near the end of the game so I hung in there.

The game is nicely put together and I really enjoyed playing it. I would probably play it again but there is too much clicking in the later stages of the game. I hope Boom Zap does away with all the fragment turning next time.

Good job Boom Zap. I rate this game

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Aug 22, 11 3:34 PM
This is a charming and enjoyable game, but, as others have said, if you don't like doing "jigsaw"-type puzzles, you won't be happy. There are a ton of them! I enjoy those puzzles, so it was fine by me, but towards the end even I was getting a little burned-out.

There are only a handful of traditional HOG scenes, which some people might like, and some might not. However, there are a number of those "find 12 butterflys" or "find 10 flowers" mini-games and those are lots of fun.

I found it to be long, but only skipped one or two mini-games and took a lesiurely pace.

Nice graphics and interactive features. Kids might enjoy this one, too.

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Aug 23, 11 12:02 AM
I also meant to add...I had no technical issues or glitches whatsoever with this game on my older PC.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 11 9:32 AM
I really like the graphics and gameplay, but find that there are far too many puzzles in these "Awakening" games and not enough H0 scenes. I don`t mind puzzles, but the amount I encounter, one after the other, is quite exhausting.

Half the puzzles and more H0 scenes would have been ideal.

[Post New]by Dirtfroggy on Sep 24, 11 6:12 AM
I never write comments about games.. but I had to about this one.. it was one of the best games I've played in several months! I loved the mini games.. not too hard and the fairy was available for the few I did have a problem with. It is a pretty long game too! I'm happy that there weren't too many HOG's in this game!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Sep 26, 11 12:34 PM
Boom Zap created another delightful fairy tale with beautiful graphics and enchanting music! It was very enjoyable to play with plenty of interaction between scenes. The hint system recharged very quickly which always helps. My only complaint was the repetition in the minigames and puzzles. I had to skip the last few just to keep my sanity! I only used the walkthrough once. The game flowed very smoothly. I spent about 8 hours playing the game so it was well worth the money.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Sep 26, 11 12:35 PM
Boom Zap created another delightful fairy tale with beautiful graphics and enchanting music! It was very enjoyable to play with plenty of interaction between scenes. The hint system recharged very quickly which always helps. My only complaint was the repetition in the minigames and puzzles. I had to skip the last few just to keep my sanity! I only used the walkthrough once. The game flowed very smoothly. I spent about 8 hours playing the game so it was well worth the money.

leslie48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by leslie48 on Oct 2, 11 7:18 AM
Great game! One of my favorites! Nice change from the 'gloom and doom' themes.

Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by FluffyDoodle on Nov 15, 11 12:09 PM
peglegann wrote:Happy Chrstmas to all Mods and fishies
This is a great game, with quite a bit of length to it. The puzzles are interesting and reasonably easy. (Not too easy). The only setting are for sound and volume, and fullscreen and custon cursor. I did not change anything. It runs extremely smoothly on my machine. I will leave saying anymore, as there are others who do really good reviews.

ETA I love the pocket dragon.

[Post New]by FluffyDoodle on Nov 15, 11 12:12 PM
mariannequilts wrote:This is a WOW of a game..........LOVED it. The graphics were absolutely awesome and the music was very pleasant and soothing. The puzzles were varied, fun and I only skipped one, the sliding tiles which I never can seem to do. The HOG's were bright and not difficult. The hint Fairy was helpful and if you clicked on the arrow on the lower left, she gave you an additional hint. The scenes were so well designed that I had no worries about getting lost. But there were many lovely scenes with lots and lots of things to do. This game is even better than the first one and I'll definitely be buying the next one...can hardly wait. The game tells you how long it took to play and mine said 9:46:51. Enjoy Fishies and thanks BFG for the delightful hours.

[Post New]by Moondark on Nov 26, 11 7:05 PM
I wish I had tried the demo before spending money on this. I can't play it because the items for the seek and find portions are all below the bottom edge of my monitor. It won't let me take it out of full screen mode either. On top of that, I thought it would be a lot darker based on the information and images shown on Big Fish. I feel completely cheated. It doesn't seem to be what was advertised. Maybe it gets interesting later, but I can't find out since I can't see when items I'm supposed to find in order to get farther into the game. I have one of those nice new monitors that is rectangle and not a square. But I just can't seem to adjust it to fit my monitor.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Dec 3, 11 8:23 PM
I just bought this game on DD. And although its graphics aren't as good as some of the more recent games, it is still pretty fun...maybe on the easy side though.

Orome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Orome on Dec 16, 11 11:28 AM
Really liked the atmosphere of the game is very romantic . But I did not like graphics, like the game of the nineties.

[Post New]by Ancientsymbols on Dec 20, 11 2:07 PM
Wow! This was another game to add to my best games list. I really enjoyed the variety of puzzles. Loved It...

Go to: