gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on May 22, 11 9:07 PM
Fine Swine is right! MCF outdid thierselves with this one - the puzzles were challenging, the graphics and storyline were SO COOL, great atmosphere and I really felt this game was worth the money, not always something you feel with some games, The actors were a hoot and really added so much to this story. Even though the end p[uzzle drove me nuts for a while I finally got it with the help of the great fishies here.....thanks for taking the time to explain it WilJul!!!!

Can't wait for the next one to come out!!! enjoy all the MCF. And this is another great edition. It's a buy for me.

I'd rate this: "FINE SWINE"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

"FINE SWINE" Great game-bells and whistles,best,greatest, I love it.
"PIGLET" Good game-your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.
"PORK BELLY" Likable for some,but not for everyone.
"TROTTER" Bad game-pig's foot,don't run away with buying it. lol
"PIG DOWN" and rolling in the mudd" -Bad Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled. lol

SeaDreams
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SeaDreams on May 24, 11 2:17 PM
I just finished this game. Waited awhile to purchase as I debated CE v SE. Got SE after reading some of your comments and also walkthrough. I found this an interesting game, while it's not RR or DG it was easier to play with what some refer to as" hand holding", I enjoyed playing this game! I didn't know if I would like the "live actors", I found they did add an interesting element to the story and I enjoyed the "swamp" setting. I don't care too much for the puzzles,( it's not just this game I prefer HOG scenes to puzzles ) so the skip button was great for me when I got stuck in them. The hidden object scenes were just what I have come to expect in MCF games, not to easy, not to hard on the eyes. Thank You for another Great addition to my MCF collection!!!

ninda2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ninda2 on May 24, 11 9:28 PM
I enjoyed this better than I have any other game in awhile! Do you know of any similar to this one?

nabsuc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by nabsuc on May 25, 11 5:46 AM
Have you played Mystery case files "Dire Grove" and Return to Ravenhearst if you haven't I got alot of enjoyment out of playing them and I'm sure that you will also, shiver the vanishing hitchhiker was enjoyable.

ninda2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ninda2 on May 25, 11 9:56 AM
Yes I've played all the Mystery case Files, but i will try the other one, thanks

[Post New]by mrtips on May 26, 11 12:57 PM
I have reached the end?? but whenever I enter the dates, nothing happens--whats with this? Did the same thing earlier and it worked fine--would really like to end this

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 26, 11 2:51 PM
Hey mrtips,

Welcome to the pond! The game should be continuing after entering the dates; here are the steps I found in the walkthrough:

# You need to enter 4 different dates into the contraption by pressing on the numbers on the cover.

# The dates are unique to your game, so make sure to enter dates that refer to your game only.

# The birth date can be found on the fax machine in the den (A).

# The date the Mansion was rebuilt is entered into the case report after the rats have been taken out of the cellar (B ).

# The date of the Fire will be entered into the case report after you unlock the chest in the Attic (C).

# The date of death is in front of the Mausoleum (D).

And here's a screenshot for that. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 2:51:51 PM PST

scoots123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scoots123 on May 27, 11 10:50 AM
jaylake wrote:I abslolutely love games like this and this was no different, however i have not been able to complete the game. I have got to the hutch and although I have completed the previous tasks (walkthrough checked), I do not get the goblet task. I was not going to bother but see others have had similar problems.

Is there a fix to this or can anyone help. I have like the other person with a similar prob at the mousetraps (no prob here for me) tried uninstalling and playing the whole game again but the problem persists.

Such as shame as would love to complete the game (Suggestions or help please.

scoots123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scoots123 on May 27, 11 10:56 AM
I purchased this game at another site and told Big Fish that I encountered a glitch that was noted on another forum. I ended up getting a FREE copy of the game. Put in a support ticket or chat on-line. I had a problem with another game and chatted on-line. Unfortunately, I had to delete a file and then reinstall - lost my progress, errrr. Oh, well seems to be part of the game play - its only software and not perfect like we humans lol. Have a great day

MW29
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
436 Posts

[Post New]by MW29 on May 30, 11 8:13 PM
After eagerly participating in the hype surrounding the release of this game, I have finally gotten around to playing it.

As is always the case for an MCF game, I enjoyed the storyline, mini games/puzzles, soundtrack/sound effects, and graphics/artwork. Surprisingly, I didn't mind the "hand-holding" as much as I thought I would.

In terms of the incorporation of live action/actors into the scenes, I really appreciate BFG's efforts at innovation and I think the end effect is quite interesting. However, one of my favorite things about RTR and Dire Grove is the utter isolation I feel playing those games. Adding in other characters (especially comical ones) took away from the atmosphere of this game, IMO.

Lastly, my primary complaint: (spoiler warning) I absolutely hated being yelled at near the end of the game. I found this to be very nerve-wrecking and annoying, and it contributed very little to the advancement of the game.

Overall, I think this is a solid addition to the MCF line. Looking forward to the release of the next installment. Nice job !

benchivo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by benchivo on Jun 4, 11 2:28 PM
I just finished replaying this game for the third time after a few months since I purchased the CE version. Again it didn't disappoint. I think I even enjoyed it more since I wasn't as frustrated as the first time playing since I kind of remembered what I needed to do. I too wasn't as annoyed with the "hand holding". I LOVE MCF games and can't wait for another to be released. Thanks Big Fish!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 7, 11 4:18 PM
Bought this game a while ago (loved RTR and Dire) but I just started playing it. Finding it a little choppy -- no flow and I dislike being told what to do. I think my criticism is based on the fact that I have such high expectations of MCF. If this was another developer I would be thrilled. I also don't love the forced interactions with the other characters. Although it is a clever innovation, I think it falls flat.

ETA: I finished this game and I really enjoyed it. I think you have to really get into it to appreciate it. My earlier comments were based on about an hour or two of play. There were less **** scenes as the game progressed and more thinking.... Overall a great game and I am glad that I stuck with it.

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 11:32:58 AM PST

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 7, 11 4:20 PM
Forgot to add -- the hidden object scenes are WAY too cluttered.

[Post New]by charmedfreek1979 on Jun 8, 11 9:22 PM
Stupid, Beyond Stupid! Don't waste your money like I did!

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Jun 12, 11 6:53 PM
Help! Somewhere along the way I have lost my hammer. I think I opened the doors on the second floor too soon and my hammer disappeared. Now I can't pull out the nail in the wine celler. How do I fix that? I can't go any further.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jul 9, 11 6:22 PM
Just finished this one - and it was great! Spent lots of time just letting it sit so have no idea how long it took me. It loaded slowly so didn't want to log in and out eacah time. Really enjoyed the story and endng!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:30 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by seamonkey31 on Aug 1, 11 12:38 PM
I love Mystery Files and this one was alot of fun. However, always do your homework, which I failed to do. Had I done some reading, I would have learned that it is much better to get the Collector's Edition. I didn't know there were some glitches and tech issues that had not been worked out yet. I also did not know that there is a whole additional part to the game that is only on the CE. The regular edition is like watching a really great, fun movie, just to be left with an unsatisfying and dissapointing end.

[Post New]by dkirkk on Aug 6, 11 7:33 PM
I enjoyed this game so much, I gifted it to a friend, who enjoyed it even more. We want another game like it. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by dkirkk on Aug 6, 11 7:38 PM
What is RTR?

LeBoof wrote:FINE SWINE!!!!!!

This game is much like RTR. And I loved that game! The game play is good, the pace is good, with one exception...for me: I can't get through the puzzles!!! Not sure if you can skip them; didn't see where you can. Because of that, it can be very frustrating to proceed to the next level.

Other than that, I would highly recommend this game. It's tons of fun, and lots of bang for the buck. The artwork, sound effects and music are outstanding as well. The other thing I like about it, is that isn't sooo easy, that you're done in 2 hours. It keeps you occupied, your mind reeling, and your time enjoyable. A+++

As a side note....I'd love to have that house. Although...the kitchen is a little small.

Go to: